The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help to resurrect the dead, automotively speaking of course!!

oxygene

I'm sure they will be many on here who have contact info for him as he was part of the furniture, part of the clique. If one of those can do the right thing an pass on the details people are fairly easy to track down from electoral roll data and a bit of detective work. Then you can sue the bastard. If you want any tips on how to sue and what ways to maximise your chances of securing a good payment for maximum pain delivered PM me. I've sued lots of bastards over the years and never failed to recover what was owed and had fun on the way with bailiffs, freezing bank accounts and sending into bankruptcy. I'm a proper evil bastard myself when people owe me. 

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rider said:

I'm sure they will be many on here who have contact info for him as he was part of the furniture, part of the clique. If one of those can do the right thing an pass on the details people are fairly easy to track down from electoral roll data and a bit of detective work. Then you can sue the bastard. If you want any tips on how to sue and what ways to maximise your chances of securing a good payment for maximum pain delivered PM me. I've sued lots of bastards over the years and never failed to recover what was owed and had fun on the way with bailiffs, freezing bank accounts and sending into bankruptcy. I'm a proper evil bastard myself when people owe me. 

I should have sued robd for fucking up my car and returning it with its head gasket on back to front. He closed up change his number and I think moved 

11 hours ago, Scooter said:

This is a sad situation, there have been similar over the years but at least in times gone by a few grand for an engine and you're back in the game etc, these days it's not so easy. 

Oxy's engine could easily be spread to the four corners by now for all we know (some other member might have even paid for it), unfortunately even with contact details being given etc I just can't see you getting a even mildly satisfactory outcome. 

Do you know what you need to sort it, Engine or Engine + ECU + loom, etc etc?

Gutted for you.

Thx dwd, I need to get in the engine bay and actualy see whats missing.

Since the car came back it has pretty much been wrapped up and sat on the driveway, waiting for a time I could get someone to put the engine back in.

I will update everyone once I know what I'm looking at. As far as I know I still have the gearbox in the car and the rest of the wiring was untouched, but need to get out there and see exactly what sate im in.

10 hours ago, Scooter said:

If you are up for it, post up some pictures and the collective can perhaps comment.

Are you down money on this or 'just' whatever is missing?  

Yeah I will post pictures prolly at the weekend now.
I'm proper struggling with insomnia right now and this BS is not helping me out either, so trying to do my day job even working from home is not the easiest. I will prolly do more about it on the wekeend when I don't have to worry about work.

I have waited this long, a few more days isn't going to make much difference.

As far as I know I'm missing the engine, but will send pics of exactly what I have and don't in a few days.

Edited by oxygene (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:14 AM, blythmrk said:

This is disgusting and he’s not the only one, what is the forum doing about this nothing in my eyes.

James has asked for his account to be closed, so he now no longer can access the forum. Preventing access to the forum is the extent of our remit in this case, we are not a legal body or involved party so have no additional powers to help outside of the dispute section of the forum.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, Frank Bullitt said:

JB and the forum only offered members “protection” via the dispute section if the purchase or work carried out was done by an authorised forum trader usually organised via the forum iirc. Anything the forum threatened to do couldn’t be enforced IMO.

Unfortunately, looking at all involved and the issues it would seem these problems will have to be battled out via the courts.

The forum has never offered anything above the dispute thread section as we can't. Removing trader status or banning people who either won't engage with the process or who the forum deem to be at fault is all we can do. 

• Like 2

The forum has always and will always advise members to do their due diligence when parting with cash, ensuring they know their rights and protect themselves both financially and legally as best as possible. 

• Like 1

I agree the forum can't officially do much, also they can get it in the neck for not allowing hobbists/traders on sometimes so can't win. 

99% of these situations start with the best intentions but a number eventually turn a bit sour and those unfortunate enough to be involved at that time get stung. 

The price of the cars and parts now means everyone is going to have to be even more careful.

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

The forum has never offered anything above the dispute thread section as we can't. Removing trader status or banning people who either won't engage with the process or who the forum deem to be at fault is all we can do. 

That’s what I meant but obviously didn’t put it across properly.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:50 AM, Tyson said:

James has asked for his account to be closed, so he now no longer can access the forum. Preventing access to the forum is the extent of our remit in this case, we are not a legal body or involved party so have no additional powers to help outside of the dispute section of the forum.

Hi guys, thanks to everyone for supporting me on all of this.

I understand that the forum is not a legal body and ultimately im F🤬🤬🤬ed right now and need to find a way of digging myself out.

As promised, I have been out to the car and unwrapped it for the first time in a year literally, as I havent touched it.

I have taken a reccy and think I am going to need the following:

• Engine
  • Gearbox (doesn'tlook like it's in there, but could be wrong!)
  • Radiator
  • Air-Con Radiator
  • Associated wiring including HT leads.

I havent taken a look in the boot or back seat yet, as when I looked under the bonnet and saw literally nothing my heart sank further than it already was.

Thanks to everyone for their support, let's see what I can do now to get a driveable car after the complete S🤬🤬🤬show that got delivered back to me last year.

And if anyone from James' camp wants to weigh in and give me any stick, please do it publicially so I can tell you to go away in person! Any private messages sent will be posted in here and people shamed.  I am NOT taking any S🤬🤬🤬 for this, I am NOT at fault here and I paid all the bills I was asked to pay immediately and do not owe James ANYTHING!

After clearing down a lot of debt to make me financially better off, I think I have now got a big bill to resolve all this. Hey ho!

IMG_1255.JPEG

IMG_1256.JPEG

IMG_1258.JPEG

IMG_1260.JPEG

IMG_1261.JPEG

IMG_1262.JPEG

IMG_1263.JPEG

IMG_1264.JPEG

IMG_1265.JPEG

IMG_1254.JPEG

Edited by oxygene (see edit history)

Think this thread needs more information. What condition was the car in before hand? what was James meant to do? and what has he not done?

James it not the kind of person to strip and car and what, sell the bits? Which it seems like you're saying but im not sure what accusations are being made?

Why was the car returned to you if it wasn't finished? Why did you not even unwrap it for a year? Where is the engine, Why was it removed?

Seems very wishy washy for details which are needed.

As i put on a recent facebook post. James had my car for 6 months, thousands spent and he delivered exactly what we agreed in the timescale we talked about. All work done to a high standard.

Just now, Ric said:

Think this thread needs more information. What condition was the car in before hand? what was James meant to do? and what has he not done?

James it not the kind of person to strip and car and what, sell the bits? Which it seems like you're saying but im not sure what accusations are being made?

Why was the car returned to you if it wasn't finished? Why did you not even unwrap it for a year? Where is the engine, Why was it removed?

Seems very wishy washy for details which are needed.

As i put on a recent facebook post. James had my car for 6 months, thousands spent and he delivered exactly what we agreed in the timescale we talked about. All work done to a high standard.

I am NOT making ANY accusations, I am simply posting what are the facts about what has gone on and I have not once accused James!

The car in a pretty bad way before it left and James took it away to fully restore it at the cost of £15k, this was in October 2018 from memory.
From the face of the it, the body looks very good in comparison, but I have no internals. Engine, gearbox, prop, radiator, AC rad are all missing and I have a totally empty engine bay.

During the time it was away, when I asked questions on how things were going he got angry with me as if I shouldnt be asking anyting and just leave him to it.
I have all the whatsapp messages and will gladly export the whole lot and post it here for anyone that wants to see it/argue the toss over it.

Why was the car returned to you if it wasn't finished?
The sprayshop that he took it to first went bust and he so say got the car back from them before it was sold to pay their bills, I then had to pay again for it to go to another sprayshop and it went on and on from there. Eventually I was told that he had to get out of the unit he was in as the landlord wanted to sell it and he delivered the car back to me in the condition it's in now.

Why did I not unwrap it for a year?
I have insomnia and don't sleep, I have to use a CPAP machine when I do sleep as I have obstructive sleep apnoea and regularly do my day on under 3 hours sleep each night. I have depression and coupled with spending out at least £15k in money and not having a fully working car, plus trying to hold down a hectic 40 hour a week job, I couldnt't think any more about the car and hoped that James would get in touch with me with some good news, but nothing came back from him.

Where is the engine, Why was it removed?
He kept the engine as he said it still needed work to be done to it which was part of the original restoration and when he found another unit he promised he would do this. I was unaware at this point that everything else in the engine bay was missing.

Ric, James may have done some very good work for you and had your car for 6 months and did all the work you wanted, but that did not happen in this case.

My car left me in November 2018 and was returned to me 1.5 years later in around July 2020 and this is what I have to show for at least £15k spent with him.
If you want me to prove that I have paid £15k I will do this also, as this seems to be what you are fishing for by your questioning.

I have NOTHING to hide!

• Like 1

Im not fishing for anything. 

just trying to understand what has gone wrong. Your previous posts didn't really shine any light on what has gone missing for what reason or what James has done.

I know the unit he was in was sold which means he is looking for another place to work from.

Once re-set up hopefully you can get the rest of the work done.

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Im not fishing for anything. 

just trying to understand what has gone wrong. Your previous posts didn't really shine any light on what has gone missing for what reason or what James has done.

I know the unit he was in was sold which means he is looking for another place to work from.

Once re-set up hopefully you can get the rest of the work done.

Well if you have working contact details for him, then please pass them on, as every number I have for him so far is disconnected or unanswered. 

The last contact I had back from him was 20th April and he has not responded since. I was given another number for him and that doesn’t work either. 

So if you have a working number for him then plz pass it on. If you have actual communications with him please ask him to contact me directly and sort this out. As he is not responding to ANY messages or calls, then he cannot clear his name?

This sucks, it would be bad enough to have the car returned without stuff, but to have paid that much on top for some rust treatment and under seal work (probably other stuff but that's what I can see from the engine bay) I'm gutted to see this.

Can you take a picture from the rear underneath and central and pointing up. Trying to see if you have a differential in there, you don't have a prop shaft from what I can see  😞

It's possibly going to be hard and expensive to source all these bits but you need to know everything that's missing first to give yourself a chance of estimating it and being able to plan ahead. 

41 minutes ago, Scooter said:

This sucks, it would be bad enough to have the car returned without stuff, but to have paid that much on top for some rust treatment and under seal work (probably other stuff but that's what I can see from the engine bay) I'm gutted to see this.

Can you take a picture from the rear underneath and central and pointing up. Trying to see if you have a differential in there, you don't have a prop shaft from what I can see  😞

It's possibly going to be hard and expensive to source all these bits but you need to know everything that's missing first to give yourself a chance of estimating it and being able to plan ahead. 

Hey dewd, yeah will get some pics tomorrow and send them on.

The car had rotted underneath pretty much and he had to do a fair bit to it so I was told, thats I suppose why it cost so much money to do.

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

So just to clear it up, it went in with a engine and came back empty. 

You want the engine and running gear back and have not been able to reach them since April? 

Yeah that about covers it!

I have someone local who can finish the work and just need the parts back.

Been there mate .. really feel for you

my car was in the bodyshop for a complete colour change and bodykit. 

I knew the guy for years as he traded with us

2.5 years later he only added and kinda blended the rear bumper 

I went to the police and said I’m going to get my car no matter what.. what can he do legally about it.. they told as he done work no matter how big or small he legally allowed to keep it until he is paid the work.

long story short I had to pay him £700 to get the car back

I lost some of my original bumpers and door mirrors but I was just happy to get the car back at the time.. back then bumpers and mirrors wasn’t much value anyways

personally I’d go round to his house if you know where he is… people like that boil my blood 

I never go with company’s without lots of research now.. and never have friends do anything either lol

really hope you get your stuff back 

what engine was it ? TT ? 

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

• Tyson locked this topic
  • Tyson unlocked this topic