The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help to resurrect the dead, automotively speaking of course!!

oxygene

7 minutes ago, Supra-love said:

There’s got to be something someone can do, maybe it’s a police matter now? Have your called the authorities?

Police won't be interested as it's a civil matter.

I'd expect the end game here would be court, where both sides can make their points and present their facts and let a judge decide. Getting it to court is a different matter entirely. 

1 hour ago, Noz said:

This has in my eyes and still is, a court issue.

Not insurance or police.

I dont understand why you're not following that path. 

Its always been a situation of take him to court or take the hit. I dont see any other option. 

But if you don't take him to court. You have nothing to complain about really? As there's a procedure for things like this and if you choose not to follow it... then, you can't really moan lol?

You do make it sound simple, contact details in this case are an issue for Oxy so hard to get the ball rolling!?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

2 hours ago, chaoticentity said:

I'd expect the end game here would be court, where both sides can make their points and present their facts and let a judge decide. Getting it to court is a different matter entirely. 

Theft is a usually treated as civil (that's what you have insurance for) matter, fraud is a serious criminal offence in law. It'd be worth talking to the police with an approach of I have been defrauded out of £15k and a lot of parts appear to have been stolen to boot. Police cannot ignore an accusation of fraud and £15k will be regarded as a significant sum of money to have defrauded.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chaoticentity said:

The problem I have right now, as I have no contact with James and as he as not registered as a business etc, the trail to find him is pretty cold.

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

You do make it sound simple, contact details in this case are an issue for Oxy so hard to get the ball rolling!?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

Because it is simple. It's not a complicated situation.

Of course not saying it's without its difficulties. He has a name, number, its a start.

Maybe pay for a person search. Or hire someone.  Maybe even banking details. A quick Google gave me hundreds of options. Should he have too, probably not. But it is what it is.

He has numbers. Regardless whether they work. Legally the phone companies would have to give up information if it went to court. Perhaps it needs to go to court to acquire the information.

I'd fill out what information I had and state difficulty in tracking him down if it'd an issue. They may even suggest further action.

Got to be worth a shot? Better than buying another setup. Which is insane.

7 minutes ago, Noz said:

Because it is simple. It's not a complicated situation.

Of course not saying it's without its difficulties. He has a name, number, its a start.

Maybe pay for a person search. Or hire someone.  Maybe even banking details. A quick Google gave me hundreds of options. Should he have too, probably not. But it is what it is.

He has numbers. Regardless whether they work. Legally the phone companies would have to give up information if it went to court. Perhaps it needs to go to court to acquire the information.

I'd fill out what information I had and state difficulty in tracking him down if it'd an issue. They may even suggest further action.

Got to be worth a shot? Better than buying another setup. Which is insane.

Yeah will give it a shot, thanks for your support all

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Please keep it civil, no more off topic rants.

I’ve been trying to keep it civil mate, but when people think that someone else’s misery is funny and leave a ‘haha’ emoji to a post, sorry mate I see red. And the rant was actually on topic as it relates to the discussion we are having here. 

I’m currently around £16k down after all this and am now potentially looking at selling on the body of the car if I get nowhere with citizens advice. Money I once had to do the work had now been spent and I have nothing to shoe it apart from a nice paint job. 

If James is so innocent in all of this, then why doesn’t get him to either come on here and clear his name, or get him to call me as he has been ignoring me since April. If Burna is such good mates with him then maybe he could get him to do the right thing, but I bet he won’t!

Edited by oxygene (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Youre still ranting lol and stopped keeping it civil as soon as you posted lol...

I'm not bias either way. Honestly I'm not. But action is the only solution. Not ranty posts mate.

Direct your anger to solving the situation legally rather than angry forum posting. Understand your frustration bud, but repeating your upset verbally is just going to make it worst for yourself and not solve anything.

• Like 2

• Tyson locked this topic
  • Tyson unlocked this topic

Thread back open again, Paul is having a short break from the forum so we can all calm down a bit. We will be watching this thread closely, please keep it civil and factual. Any further posts with abusive or threatening content will be removed and perpetrators will receive lengthy bans, it may also result in this thread being locked if it stops being useful.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Thread back open again, Paul is having a short break from the forum so we can all calm down a bit. We will be watching this thread closely, please keep it civil and factual. Any further posts with abusive or threatening content will be removed and perpetrators will receive lengthy bans, it may also result in this thread being locked if it stops being useful.

Sorry I will do my best not to anger anyone. 

On 7/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, Graham1984 said:

Anyone else read this and immediately think it was an "Ed" thread.

Very much so. I do miss Ed, we need some depravity on the forum. Think you are up to the task?

On 7/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, Supra-love said:

What’s a Ed thread? 

Usually something disturbing and very very funny.

• Like 1

I'm back bitches!!! lol

Oxygene, I'm weighing in for Jame's camp as you asked, you ready for it? You owed £3000, you know it, or you wouldn't have happily accepted a car back with missing parts, 1.5 years ago!! lol As that's what you agreed with James before the car was returned to you.

You said yourself you paid out £15k in total for restoration and paint. James bill was £15k, the painter you dealt with direct and paid direct, you paid £3k. That's £18k in total you owed. You paid James £12k, you owed £3k.

Now stop your crying and take it to court, simple 🙂

This from the Whatspp thread I have had with James:

[17:13, 30/09/2019] James (Performance@Hart): Brakes are all refurbed and look great.
Can you do the last payment to unit 49 please.
Then your all paid up.
Just a case of me getting it built fully for you.

There was no other mention of moneys requested by James, else I would have paid it.

Edited by oxygene (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oxygene said:

This from the Whatspp thread I have had with James:

[17:13, 30/09/2019] James (Performance@Hart): Brakes are all refurbed and look great.
Can you do the last payment to unit 49 please.
Then your all paid up.
Just a case of me getting it built fully for you.

There was no other mention of moneys requested by James, else I would have paid it.

Take it to court then 🙂 

1 hour ago, Burna said:

I'm back bitches!!! lol

Oxygene, I'm weighing in for Jame's camp as you asked, you ready for it? You owed £3000, you know it, or you wouldn't have happily accepted a car back with missing parts, 1.5 years ago!! lol As that's what you agreed with James before the car was returned to you.

You said yourself you paid out £15k in total for restoration and paint. James bill was £15k, the painter you dealt with direct and paid direct, you paid £3k. That's £18k in total you owed. You paid James £12k, you owed £3k.

Now stop your crying and take it to court, simple 🙂

£12k to strip the car and then disposed of some big bits for personal gain? Is that right? 

6 minutes ago, rider said:

£12k to strip the car and then disposed of some big bits for personal gain? Is that right? 

Haha you’re a clown! You’re not that stupid Rider, you know the extensive cost a full strip down restoration. Ash can take it to court if he wants can’t he, if he knows he’s in the right 😉 But I bet he won’t. 

• Tyson locked this topic