Dnk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ta certainly pays to know your area! I will have a look at the app ta

I used to have an actual TomTom and paid £50 for exact same service, but often I could get home in traffic before it loaded the traffic up. The app is so much better and dare I say it a lot better than google sometimes with traffic, always diverts me if there is a diversion faster long before I hit the traffic.

And it has saved me twice with a mobile camera on a road I know there are no fixed ones, it alerted me and then further up the road there the c#nt in the van was sitting.

I gather the 'always active' or 'only on when lower speed limits apply' is dependent upon which force is maintaining the system - it varies I believe. Information is not always forthcoming.

I don't think they need to flash to catch an offending driver. I was sent a NIP for doing 60 when a 50 was displayed and I am 99.9% sure there was no flash.

I've attended the (Smart) Motorways Awareness Course, and the instructors advised me the HADECS cameras were always active, and that there is no speed tolerance. They are active 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and work whether it is light or dark, and in all weather conditions. Clearly some inaccuracy (BS) in that statement with regards to being no speed tolerance, as I see many, many of the same cars flouting the rules on a daily basis - how are they not banned already?! I have no reason to dispute the rest though.

I gather the 'always active' or 'only on when lower speed limits apply' is dependent upon which force is maintaining the system - it varies I believe. Information is not always forthcoming.

I don't think they need to flash to catch an offending driver. I was sent a NIP for doing 60 when a 50 was displayed and I am 99.9% sure there was no flash.

I've attended the (Smart) Motorways Awareness Course, and the instructors advised me the HADECS cameras were always active, and that there is no speed tolerance. They are active 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and work whether it is light or dark, and in all weather conditions. Clearly some inaccuracy (BS) in that statement with regards to being no speed tolerance, as I see many, many of the same cars flouting the rules on a daily basis - how are they not banned already?! I have no reason to dispute the rest though.

Thanks for the info, they must have some tolerance but how much who knows, i'll wait and see what

pops through the door and deal with it then

I've just read this so god knows but seems very unfair if there is no tolerance at all

The HADECS 3 (Highway Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System 3) also has zero tolerance built in as standard.

So a driver who strays over the speed limit by as little as one mph will now face a £100 fine, three penalty points on their licence, and increased car insurance premiums for the next five years.

I don't believe that for a minute... I would imagine its a scare tactic, its up to the local force to implement that kind of policy, I would always stick to the speed limit when signs are illuminated, but 1mph is a bit OTT. I know Essex police tried to enforce something along these lines around some school areas, and came in for a fair bit of criticism - dont think it lasted long.

It's also impossible to enforce as well. Even worn tyres could throw a speedo out by 1mph, that's half the reason there are tolerances in the first place.

Car speedos tend to read lower than true speed so if you're done for exceeding the speed limit by 1mph, you'll have been under the impression you were going much faster.

I've just read this so god knows but seems very unfair if there is no tolerance at all

The HADECS 3 (Highway Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System 3) also has zero tolerance built in as standard.

So a driver who strays over the speed limit by as little as one mph will now face a £100 fine, three penalty points on their licence, and increased car insurance premiums for the next five years.

Rubbish. This is a scare story. No legislation has changed and it'd need to for this to become a thing.

Think the south yorkshire rules are 10% +2mph

So getting in trouble would be 79mph.

Ill let somebody else test it though.

We will soon find out, I just got flashed on Friday an on an unmarked gantry m25.... was under that speed by a considerable amount, berrg!

Edited by Sakey
included quote (see edit history)

The older in years lady, hogging the middle lane, texting on her phone,and swerving about ,when i was driving on the m5 to cornwall was fine as she was only doing 70 mph.

Middle lane or outside lane hoggers do my head in worse than tailgaters and speeders. for me they have to be up there as the worst on the road.

Not talking about people going at a steady speed and consistently overtaking and no point moving over, but the ones that there is sod all in front of them, or there is more than enough room in front to pull over for a spell before having to over take again.

They mofo's cause frustration, accidents, traffic jams as clogging the use of one or more lanes as people respecting the no undertaking rule.

Think the south yorkshire rules are 10% +2mph

So getting in trouble would be 79mph.

Ill let somebody else test it though.

As Rick says the national standard approved by ACPO, or NPCC as they are now called, is 10% +2. It's a recommendation only, but was implemented for a reason following case law on the enforcement of speeding offences.