The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think i could be on the bus soon

Dnk

Firstly you’d probably notice. From experience even in the daytime those new Hadscs cameras are very bright.

Secondly you should have no trouble arguing that it’s just one incident of speeding. Openly admit that it was a prolonged instance but one instance nonetheless

Finally those cameras are operational regardless of the speed limit. The older overhead ones did indeed only activate during a reduced speed however the new Hadecs at the side of the gantry will indeed go even when there are no additional speed restrictions

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is quite right but also quite self-righteous!? Are you seriously saying you abide by all limits all the time?

Hands down and honestly yes, clean license, never been done, always get laughed at, at work for being the slowest out of work and always have speedy winkers overtaking. People must be dumbfounded on the roads of Northampton when they see a supra driving normally :D

This has been the same for a far as I can remember. Clobber the normal folk pottering along at 35 in a 30 or 45 in a 40, whether it be delibrate or not, it isn't crime of the century and there should be an variance of 10 - 15% for "normal" driving. Most roads govern themselves and appropriate speed causes no issues.

I do agree with strict limits around schools and in heavily built up areas.

What about the cnuts who overtake on blind bends, tailgaters, people with phones to their ears, drink drivers, no tax or insurance. They can run around and do what they please.

Detection rates for offences has never been lower in my opinion.

H.

Only on when a reduced limit is enforced I believe (I have regularly been through them at 80-85 when nothing displayed and no tickets that i know about), when they are displaying a limit there is a 10% tolerance on the speed, so you may be ok.

This is not true enough to count on. The ones on the M1 in Northamptonshire are on when there is no speed limit on the sign, it's the same for the old style overhead ones on the M25 out towards Leatherhead. I've seen them go off on many occasions. I think it's only at certain times of day though, I've previously gone through them at night and not had a single one flash me.

Firstly you’d probably notice. From experience even in the daytime those new Hadscs cameras are very bright.

Secondly you should have no trouble arguing that it’s just one incident of speeding. Openly admit that it was a prolonged instance but one instance nonetheless

Finally those cameras are operational regardless of the speed limit. The older overhead ones did indeed only activate during a reduced speed however the new Hadecs at the side of the gantry will indeed go even when there are no additional speed restrictions

Sadly i see them now but a tad too late, i know for a fact i've been through 4 of them sited on

the northbound carriageway of the M42, ive walked the orange man on Google maps along my route and there's

new HADECS 3 cameras between J3a - J4 then between J4 - J5 then between J6 - J7 and the last one at J9

Thanks for your input, i've read of drivers getting only 1 punishment for doing what i've done, i'll have to

wait and see what does or doesn't come through the letter box in the next two weeks

Im sure if either of us get caught out we will only take one offence like I said I went from Newquay to Durham if I made it im sure you will have. Its no big deal a few points and a fine its just the sting of being careless when we knew they were there I suppose.

Im 28 and have never had points etc YET :)

Hands down and honestly yes, clean license, never been done, always get laughed at, at work for being the slowest out of work and always have speedy winkers overtaking. People must be dumbfounded on the roads of Northampton when they see a supra driving normally :D

Well I'm dumbfounded :D It seems 'out there' to be interested and have a passion for Supra's and yet be so conscientious!

Well done, I think!!? :)

What this makes me realise is, times have changed.

I used to drive all around the country on parts pick ups or other ebay buys and now rarely do a road trip to somewhere unfamiliar, and if I do I need to be careful!

I got flashed a year or so ago a junction of two before the Dartford crossing on the M25 and didn't hear anything back (was in a XC60 and not going for it).

Do people use those apps that warn of fixed and mobile (if reported) sites, or other detector type things these days, seems a minefield if you aren't prepared or a saint?

Im sure if either of us get caught out we will only take one offence like I said I went from Newquay to Durham if I made it im sure you will have. Its no big deal a few points and a fine its just the sting of being careless when we knew they were there I suppose.

Im 28 and have never had points etc YET :)

I could well be being over negative and i haven't triggered the 4 cameras, but if i have hopefully they can be

taken as 1 offence rather than 12 points and a ban

I can live with a few points no problem

What this makes me realise is, times have changed.

I used to drive all around the country on parts pick ups or other ebay buys and now rarely do a road trip to somewhere unfamiliar, and if I do I need to be careful!

I got flashed a year or so ago a junction of two before the Dartford crossing on the M25 and didn't hear anything back (was in a XC60 and not going for it).

Do people use those apps that warn of fixed and mobile (if reported) sites, or other detector type things these days, seems a minefield if you aren't prepared or a saint?

Driving out your area is no fun, i'd not been up the M42 for a long time and it

was only 3/4's of the way on my journey my rather slow brain went where have

all the overhead cameras gone, then i thought oh dear they've been replaced

with that new system

etc etc

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Driving out your area is no fun, i'd not been up the M42 for a long time and it

was only 3/4's of the way on my journey my rather slow brain went where have

all the overhead cameras gone, then i thought oh dear they've been replaced

with that new system

etc etc

I cant even remember what I had for Breakfast nevermind where Cameras are Ive had a hard paper round Dnk ;)

I cant even remember what I had for Breakfast nevermind where Cameras are Ive had a hard paper round Dnk ;)

The old system on the M42 was easy, if there were cameras on the gantry on the opposite carriageway which

you could see very easily then there were cameras on the gantry on your side, if there weren't then your side

hadn't got them either

Use the Tom Tom app on my iPhone X, as I do a lot of driving for £17 a year does live traffic and camera's, even mobile ones. Although I try never to rely on it and only get spirited if I know the area. If I am in an area I am not used to, then I am pretty strict at not having a lead foot at times.

Use the Tom Tom app on my iPhone X, as I do a lot of driving for £17 a year does live traffic and camera's, even mobile ones. Although I try never to rely on it and only get spirited if I know the area. If I am in an area I am not used to, then I am pretty strict at not having a lead foot at times.

Im from the North East man we are still using Dial Up Internet and Rotating Assembly Phones

Did they flash dunk? I think you might be ok... my understanding is the gantry ones above are only really on when the speed limit sings are on , and /or if you're doing stupid speed (90+)

What I have read about those new side mounted ones is that they are on always with the usual 10% rule in force.. I always tend to slow for them. Hopefully you'll get lucky if they didn't go off.

Did they flash dunk? I think you might be ok... my understanding is the gantry ones above are only really on when the speed limit sings are on , and /or if you're doing stupid speed (90+)

What I have read about those new side mounted ones is that they are on always with the usual 10% rule in force.. I always tend to slow for them. Hopefully you'll get lucky if they didn't go off.

The overhead ones have gone, been replaced with the ones mounted at the side, the HIDECS 3 in the photo

roadside-hadecs-speed-camera.jpg

Ta certainly pays to know your area! I will have a look at the app ta