The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec low mileage MK IV toyota supra all oem car unmolested

SupraTRD_MK4

Comments like that are unnecessary, we don’t all have forensic knowledge of these cars especially if we haven’t owned a manual.

GLWS - looks an amazing example.

Polite friendly comments are unnecessary?! You imbecile.

If that hurt your fragile nature I suggest you go find your backbone and grow a pair!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someones put aftermarket brake rotors on it. Not even sure if they're Toyota, as I have TRD brakes and they are grooved not drilled.

Sadly we don't have alot Supras around so dealership will either tell you, "meh we cant help" or you have to pay alot for std brake disc which take 1 to 2 months from overseas.

As far as aftermarket goes for supras, you cant even find radiators for auto cars or manual that easily or off the shelf exhaust systems. Only recently has one place started catering for us. I believe the disc are from a shop here that sells EBC pads and some racing disc for the track cars here in my area however I could be wrong.

Interesting. Well unless a few people say the same then only would it be more certain? I have no clue. My guess is, the bay was just detailed with car wax shampoo as there is a hose lying beside it and water drops can be seen on the bonnet in the one photo. Perhaps that be the reason for the shine but I don't know.

Sadly we don't have alot Supras around so dealership will either tell you, "meh we cant help" or you have to pay alot for std brake disc which take 1 to 2 months from overseas.

As far as aftermarket goes for supras, you cant even find radiators for auto cars or manual that easily or off the shelf exhaust systems. Only recently has one place started catering for us. I believe the disc are from a shop here that sells EBC pads and some racing disc for the track cars here in my area however I could be wrong.

Yeah no worries, doesnt really matter what they are as they're just consumable brake disks. Just wondered why they'd be changed on a car with low miles. I guess for looks! :)

Polite friendly comments are unnecessary?! You imbecile.

If that hurt your fragile nature I suggest you go find your backbone and grow a pair!

Wow - I think that has made my point perfectly. You could learn from Ian or Rob who have polite friendly

comments down to a tee. Just discovered what the ‘Ignore’ link is for :-).

Maybe look up the origins of ‘imbecile’ too. I lost ‘my pair’ when I bought an auto and enjoy walking on all 4s.

As I said OP - great car and hope it finds a good home. Sorry to hijack the thread

Edited by Rsb (see edit history)

Looks like its been sprayed and played with imo. The gloss bay and 20+year old bolts in there dont match the ageing process. The ducts have non oem fittings at the rear. And the resr glass seal looks non oem. Id put a good bet on that its been painted.

Can anyone else conform if their bolts that are holding the wings on are body coloured? Mine is silver so is too hard to tell if they are or aren’t. My instinct says that they aren’t body coloured and that this has been resprayed.

Oem wing bolts are kinda body coloured. They use the same coloured epoxy coating as used in the bay. So always dull. Never glossy.

Can anyone else conform if their bolts that are holding the wings on are body coloured? Mine is silver so is too hard to tell if they are or aren’t. My instinct says that they aren’t body coloured and that this has been resprayed.

Which explains both the blisters on the bonnet and why it hasn't faded to pink in the Sarf African sunshine.

4BCS7653.jpg

4BCS7655.jpg

4BCS7650.jpg

4BCS7657.jpg

The attached pics are of my early 93 UK spec red tt6 engine, the turret tops are shiny but that's with lots of cleaning not overly buffed I would have said painted with base coat and not lacquered.

Mine is not bad for a UK car:D

I have the oem radio and cd control and multi disc changer if I ever want to reinstate it.

The one in SA looks good but I would be viewing in person before any money changed hands.