The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

God that was hard to read, let alone digest. You are obviously angry, step away from the computer take a deep breath and count to 10.

I'll play this game as I'm waiting on tea to cook. Do elaborate. I call Hovis.

Wife, sister, mother, girlfriend; there is probably little difference anyway. The fact is, you get a woman, of some description, to ring around trying to procure parts on your behalf, presumably as a pathetic attempt to get around the fact that people refuse to deal with you and your shit. So stop hopping around like a little fairy and be a 'man', for once in your pathetic miserable existence. As for the legibility of my post, if you were struggling to peruse its plain English, perhaps what you ought to do is take a course or two, rather than sit on here all day and follow me around like a waste of space. I have an idea, perhaps you could put your Christmas benefit bonus towards getting an education.

Wife, sister, mother, girlfriend; there is probably little difference anyway. The fact is, you get a woman, of some description, to ring around trying to procure parts on your behalf, presumably as a pathetic attempt to get around the fact that people refuse to deal with you and your shit. So stop hopping around like a little fairy and be a 'man', for once in your pathetic miserable existence. As for the legibility of my post, if you were struggling to peruse its plain English, perhaps what you ought to do is take a course or two, rather than sit on here all day and follow me around like a waste of space. I have an idea, perhaps you could put your Christmas benefit bonus towards getting an education.

I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars too but you don't seem to know that about me. As I said, HOVIS!

I find the self serving irony of this statement to be truly astonishing. Coming from someone who asseverates to treating EU nationals with contempt and disdain, you are not in any position to now, all of a sudden, when it suits, claim that you care and 'give' to others without expecting anything in return. Perhaps you do so in a discriminatory fashion? That is, after all, "naturally", the way of our resident "non-PC member". I mean, who cares about accepting everyone for who they want to be; cue the constant mockery of transsexuals and people you do not want to accept in your abhorrent, distorted and dim view of what you want our society to descend into.

Then comes your unhealthy obsession with my materialistic possessions, for someone who claims not to care about money, you seem to be oddly fascinated by mine. Please do yourself a favour the next time you look in the mirror, and ask yourself; "what have I become and where did I go so very wrong?"

You are correct on one count though, and that is about how very different we are. In typical fashion however, you failed to elaborate as you should have went on to explain that whilst you are a bottom feeding hypocrite, I'm the guy taking pity on your ungrateful existence by tossing breadcrumbs at you from way, way, above. As I said, there are levels to this life and you're right at the bottom amongst your fellow bottom feeding parasites, aka the racists, fascists and intolerant scum you seem all too willing and keen to associate yourself with.

Ooh touchy! Triggered much :rlol:

This has now gone a step too far and has descended into malicious hate fuelled garbage. There is no place for that on this forum and I am not bothered who started it the next person to do it again is earning themselves a punishment of my choosing. Might be banned for a week might be a month depends how I am feeling hell might even be a year.......

• 1 year later...

I haven't seen many on the roads and have only seen one up close and that was in Japan!

It was a whimsical visit to the dealers, mainly because of the crap weather.  They had a gun metal coloured one there and I have to say it was very striking and despite my best efforts to dislike it I couldn't.

The interior was certainly a let down, not because it was virtually all BMW, but the quality wasn't there.  Just a sea of black faux leather, gloss and matt plastic.

I enjoyed the 30-40 minute test drive, but I didn't really have chance to get to know the car.  Hence the longer term loan next weekend.

Just interested to hear from any long term owners and if they have modded the car.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

I haven't seen many on the roads and have only seen one up close and that was in Japan!

It was a whimsical visit to the dealers, mainly because of the crap weather.  They had a gun metal coloured one there and I have to say it was very striking and despite my best efforts to dislike it I couldn't.

The interior was certainly a let down, not because it was virtually all BMW, but the quality wasn't there.  Just a sea of black faux leather, gloss and matt plastic.

I enjoyed the 30-40 minute test drive, but I didn't really have chance to get to know the car.  Hence the longer term loan next weekend.

Just interested to hear from any long term owners and if they have modded the car.

I saw one in the dealership but haven’t seen one on the road, I thought the car looked boring and I don’t like the front end. Toyota really dropped the ball when co designing the car, with all the noise on how amazing the FT1 concept looked then they create what is an average looking car at best. I’d definitely be looking elsewhere if I had that kind of money for a sports coupe, probably an M2 competition.

• Like 1

I'm not interested in the M2 Comp.  It's far too similar in looks to the plethora of other BMWs on the road - maybe the new pig nosed BMWs aside.

c22d033f26fa2d329951849c8d9c4329.png.4fdc08835449c5f908b66aacb1128773.png

I do like the look of the Supra, it has certainly grown on me.

I'm going to reserve my judgement fully until after next weekend.  But as it stands I am certainly considering buying one.

I am one of those that ended up asking for my deposit back after the official photos, details and price were made public. I don't hate it though.  But I reckon if they had stayed closer to the ft-1 concept and had the engine made in house it would have sold way better even at 75k gbp. You can see how big of a flop it has been in the UK, lots of cars advertised in AT with almost no miles. 

Have only seen a yellow one on the road. 

30 minutes ago, MrGRT said:

I am one of those that ended up asking for my deposit back after the official photos, details and price were made public. I don't hate it though.  But I reckon if they had stayed closer to the ft-1 concept and had the engine made in house it would have sold way better even at 75k gbp. You can see how big of a flop it has been in the UK, lots of cars advertised in AT with almost no miles. 

I got back my deposit once I had got to the test drive day as wanted to make the most of it! Plus thought I should wait until I drove it before making a proper judgement. I found it was very fast but drove just like a 2/3 series BMW automatic. Some may disagree but just being fast doesn’t mean it’s not boring and after test driving it again recently I can firmly say it’s boring to drive. There’s zero engagement and that’s partly due to it being an auto but also due to the fake sounds and horrible steering feel. It’s pretty obvious after driving this back to back with other BMWs that the Toyota engineers haven’t done a thing so I don’t think they should have called it a supra and I wouldn’t ever buy one. The look of it though has grown on me a lot. Especially with some small mods it looks great but looks aren’t everything!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrGRT said:

I don't think the engine is an issue, it's a great proven engine and sounds just as good as any other straight 6. It's not a supercar, so the performance figures are respectable for a GT coupe. The biggest disappoint for me is the interior, my wife's A class is far more luxurious and is a much nicer place to be at 2/3rds of the price. In fact my Kia Ceed has a nicer interior, you spend far more time looking at the interior than you do the outside and I don't think I could live with it. A Cayman T is the same price and the interior looks like a £50k+ car.

The Porsche Cayman pricing is very deceptive.  They seem comparable until you add a couple of extras and then you are sitting in the £60k+ bracket.

I do like the Cayman and will certainly go and test drive one before I commit to buying anything.

I definately think my Peugeot 3008 GT has a far superior interior.  But I think thats the case with far more expensive cars than just the Supra.

28 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

The Porsche Cayman pricing is very deceptive.  They seem comparable until you add a couple of extras and then you are sitting in the £60k+ bracket.

I do like the Cayman and will certainly go and test drive one before I commit to buying anything.

I definately think my Peugeot 3008 GT has a far superior interior.  But I think thats the case with far more expensive cars than just the Supra.

Completely agree, there are expensive cars that have awful interiors! 

11 hours ago, JasonR24 said:

I got back my deposit once I had got to the test drive day as wanted to make the most of it! Plus thought I should wait until I drove it before making a proper judgement. I found it was very fast but drove just like a 2/3 series BMW automatic. Some may disagree but just being fast doesn’t mean it’s not boring and after test driving it again recently I can firmly say it’s boring to drive. There’s zero engagement and that’s partly due to it being an auto but also due to the fake sounds and horrible steering feel. It’s pretty obvious after driving this back to back with other BMWs that the Toyota engineers haven’t done a thing so I don’t think they should have called it a supra and I wouldn’t ever buy one. The look of it though has grown on me a lot. Especially with some small mods it looks great but looks aren’t everything!

That's a good bit of feedback.

I wouldn't mind having a test drive now just to see how it handles.

I was quite amazed to read that it had a 3.6s 0-60 and that Litchfield Racing would add a further 100BHP remap for just £600.

Might have to have a sneaky drive past Toyota in the next few days 🙂

I test drove one at Thruxton as Toyota GB loaned my Mkiv to display on the preview days.

I was very impressed overall but I didn’t really concentrate on the interior as I was always going far to quick🤣

My summary would be:

Fast as standard so must be amazing with another 100hp!

Good traction & handling.

Sounds great.

What I do say is that it’s a very good car but if the BMW involvement bothers you don’t buy one.

I would probably choose a m2 comp over the mkv as they have rear seats plus I think they look great👍