The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

Just looking at Toyota and BMW UK and US pricing on their websites for a basic model, they do seem a little off unless I am missing something.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234118[/ATTACH] BMW Z4 UK £37,115 or $48,736.48

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234119[/ATTACH] BMW Z4 USA $49,700 or £37,848.76

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234120[/ATTACH] Toyota Supra UK £52,695 or $69,194.91

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234121[/ATTACH] Toyota Supra USA $49,990 or £38,069.61

I see what you mean now. That is a little odd.

That's the 2.0 Z, not the six cylinder so that makes the Supra extremely good value in the USA compared to the BMW.

Lol @Ric's comments. That's how I was seeing it until I saw the post above which makes complete sense now. What's surprising is how much more engine you get for your money in the USA. Toyota UK obviously thought they'd capitalise on that.

Edited by Pete (see edit history)

Pete, Chris W mentioned you might be considering an Aston too?

I find it hard to consider more expensive cars, due to partly inherent prudence but also it being hard to envisage what 'extra' I'm getting than the more older bargain range. I've not tried anything sporty more modern than the 2005 6 Series I've got, but that has opened my eyes a bit to other car qualities. Be interested in hearing what you think of the cars you try, and whether you end up going more sharp/nimble than more brute force/GT cruiser.

Indeed. It's all very confusing.

I hate the idea of massive depreciation and I'm far too sensible to really go down that road.

Modern cars have come on a long way, the Supra feels like a dinosaur in comparison.

I'm toying with the idea of buying something that won't depreciate, possible increase a little. Keep it a couple of years to say I've owned a real "super car" (settle down, I the Supra is a super car too :innocent: ). Porsche 911's and similar.

The prospect of something seriously expensive going wrong is a serious concern.

The Cheshire and Wolverhampton Porsche dealers I've visited seem pretty good, nice cars, decent warranties on used, proper service histories etc. Certainly give more confidence than many older used cars.

At the end of the day, I jump in the MX5 - drive 7 miles to work and back every day and have a blast. It costs bugger all, parts are cheap and handles wonderfully. Not quite sure other than ego why I want to go down the route of risking the early retirement savings anyway.

Really I should just take advantage of the low BIC on EV's next year and get a Tesla Model 3 and save on the corporation tax bill.

Still...it's fun car shopping isn't it?

I see what you mean now. That is a little odd.

That's the 2.0 Z, not the six cylinder so that makes the Supra extremely good value in the USA compared to the BMW.

Lol @Ric's comments. That's how I was seeing it until I saw the post above which makes complete sense now. What's surprising is how much more engine you get for your money in the USA. Toyota UK obviously thought they'd capitalise on that.

Maybe I didn't explain myself particularly well, if I didn't I apologise Ric :)

How long before we see a swap both ways? Wait, that didn't sound as was intended, more of an offer of sorts. I'll try that again.

How long before we see a Zupr4 swapped into the Z4 to make an aerotop? I am guessing this would be pretty straight forward.

I'm toying with the idea of buying something that won't depreciate, possible increase a little. Keep it a couple of years to say I've owned a real "super car" (settle down, I the Supra is a super car too :innocent: ). Porsche 911's and similar.

Watch the market on the 911 turbo, once they bottom out they are a great investment. I'd love a 964.

Watch the market on the 911 turbo, once they bottom out they are a great investment. I'd love a 964.

..and the Mezger engine has less issues than the cheaper NA variants.

I really like the 996 C4S - mostly for the red rear strip so reminiscent of the 80's. Wide body, likely to hold value.

..and the Mezger engine has less issues than the cheaper NA variants.

I really like the 996 C4S - mostly for the red rear strip so reminiscent of the 80's. Wide body, likely to hold value.

I hated the headlights as they remind me of a fried egg but the back end is nice, as you say very reminiscent of the 80's. That said, when inside you can't see the outside and if you can your driving too slow. The 993 looked okay, 996 not so much but 997 onwards has been good. Even the 944 or 928 would be a bit of fun, not an investment though.

With all the negativity I thought I’d just post a few photos of mine, because why not

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234137[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234139[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous! Love it in that colour

Here's what I would have personally considered spending money on...

Thats low even by your standards. It's crass comments like that, that stop people posting up on the forum. Give the guy a break, if you were joking then it wasn't funny.

Talking about giving the guy a break, you've had one long enough Walter.

Of course you would have bought an FT-1. Just like the imaginary Tesla's you owned. When I called Hovis on your car history in the Brexit thread, I decided to take a screenshot of your "most noticeable car history" signature.

We will call this exhibit A. Dated 02/11/19.

After a recent thread where Tesla was mentioned you decided to speak out quite authoritatively about them some way into the thread. Almost like you owned one...

We will call this exhibit B. Dated 26/11/19.

Spot the difference? No? I'll give you a clue. Electric vehicles.

Whilst I'm at it, I noticed you're claiming that you are the recipient of unwarranted vile and abusive behaviour from Noz. You know how I love my evidence and proof. Do me a little favour, go and copy and past in this thread these terrible words naughty Noz has said. I am sure a moderator would like to see them so they can deal with this rapscallion.

Was it when he showed you up as being such a Supra enthusiast for some reason you didn't know the difference between the OEM air boxes?

Was it being called out offering poor advice on a 800hp engine build. Did that get your back up? You remember, the one where you stated to the OP you would be happy building an engine without billet mains. Your defence being you are happy to take a calculated risk. Stellar advice. Top marks.

If you don't know what your talking about, as you clearly don't by your many posts and threads. Keep your tramp mouth shut! (Thanks Greg ;)). You never know, you might actually learn something. I doubt you will understand it but you can at least copy and paste it so next time the question is asked you can answer it. That way you can keep riding on the coat tails of others by quoting their advice and adding the complimentary "This" as a way to make yourself seem more knowledgeable.

Ta ta for now :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Images added & terrible spelling corrected. (see edit history)

With all the negativity I thought I’d just post a few photos of mine, because why not

[ATTACH=CONFIG]234135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234137[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]234139[/ATTACH]

Nice.

I as looking at the colours available and thought to myself the launch grey was the best.

I hated the headlights as they remind me of a fried egg but the back end is nice, as you say very reminiscent of the 80's. That said, when inside you can't see the outside and if you can your driving too slow. The 993 looked okay, 996 not so much but 997 onwards has been good. Even the 944 or 928 would be a bit of fun, not an investment though.

Those lights I've come to like more over time, but the interior switch gear looks really dated too. This and the 997 suffered from the plastic going funny on the switches. Bit of a shame really.

Those lights I've come to like more over time, but the interior switch gear looks really dated too. This and the 997 suffered from the plastic going funny on the switches. Bit of a shame really.

Porsche trying to cut back on production costs? If I had the money to pick up a classic model I don't know if I could justify the outlay. What else are you interested in? You mentioned Supercar, what is tickling your fancy?

Thats low even by your standards. It's crass comments like that, that stop people posting up on the forum. Give the guy a break, if you were joking then it wasn't funny.

Talking about giving the guy a break, you've had one long enough Walter.

Of course you would have bought an FT-1. Just like the imaginary Tesla's you owned. When I called Hovis on your car history in the Brexit thread, I decided to take a screenshot of your "most noticeable car history" signature.

We will call this exhibit A. Dated 02/11/19.

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/12/7.png

After a recent thread where Tesla was mentioned you decided to speak out quite authoritatively about them some way into the thread. Almost like you owned one...

We will call this exhibit B. Dated 26/11/19.

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/12/8.png

Spot the difference? No? I'll give you a clue. Electric vehicles.

Whilst I'm at it, I noticed you're claiming that you are the recipient of unwarranted vile and abusive behaviour from Noz. You know how I love my evidence and proof. Do me a little favour, go and copy and past in this thread these terrible words naughty Noz has said. I am sure a moderator would like to see them so they can deal with this rapscallion.

Was it when he showed you up as being such a Supra enthusiast for some reason you didn't know the difference between the OEM air boxes?

Was it being called out offering poor advice on a 800hp engine build. Did that get your back up? You remember, the one where you stated to the OP you would be happy building an engine without billet mains. Your defence being you are happy to take a calculated risk. Stellar advice. Top marks.

If you don't know what your talking about, as you clearly don't by your many posts and threads. Keep your tramp mouth shut! (Thanks Greg ;)). You never know, you might actually learn something. I doubt you will understand it but you can at least copy and paste it so next time the question is asked you can answer it. That way you can keep riding on the coat tails of others by quoting their advice and adding the complimentary "This" as a way to make yourself seem more knowledgeable.

Ta ta for now :)

You are one sad little 'man' with way too much time on your hands. I'm actually quite chuffed that people like you think my car history is invented. It makes me all warm and fussy inside knowing that I am clearly far more successful at life than you are given the fact that you seem to think that my vehicular history is way too good to be true, so I genuinely thank you for making my day, yet again. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, so I do not understand why you insist on following me around like a lost little bitch with an inferior syndrome. Is the weather on your shitty little territorial island so bad that you can't go out or do you have nothing better to do rather than spending your whole day on a forum? Thing is, I know much more about you than you about me, and I like it that way. There are levels to life and unfortunately you are but a mere bottom feeder. I find it ironic that someone like you seems to think that they can sit there and give me a lesson on bullshit when I'm not that one getting my wife to ring around pretending to be someone else's wife in order to buy parts from people because you are such a divisive character that some people simple don't want to deal with you. Get a life and move on, your obsession with me is truly flattering but has now run its course I'm afraid and it's time for action. Any further posts from you pertaining to me will be recorded and sent to the relevant competent authorities. Ta ta for good. :)

You are one sad little 'man' with way too much time on your hands. I'm actually quite chuffed that people like you think my car history is invented. It makes me all warm and fussy inside knowing that I am clearly far more successful at life than you are given the fact that you seem to think that my vehicular history is way too good to be true, so I genuinely thank you for making my day, yet again. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, so I do not understand why you insist on following me around like a lost little bitch with an inferior syndrome. Is the weather on your shitty little territorial island so bad that you can't go out or do you have nothing better to do rather than spending your whole day on a forum? Thing is, I know much more about you than you about me, and I like it that way. There are levels to life and unfortunately you are but a mere bottom feeder. I find it ironic that someone like you seems to think that they can sit there and give me a lesson on bullshit when I'm not that one getting my wife to ring around pretending to be someone else's wife in order to buy parts from people because you are such a divisive character that some people simple don't want to deal with you. Get a life and move on, your obsession with me is truly flattering but it's now run its course I'm afraid and it's time for action. Any further posts from you pertaining to me will be recorded and sent to the relevant competent authorities. Ta ta for good. :)

I guess if you measure success in life as an unbelievable car history then more power to you. I chose to measure success in a more natural way, caring and giving to others without asking for anything in return and none of it involving money. That shows how truly different we are.

Are you threatening me with legal proceedings twinkle? Don't forget to screenshot your bigoted and prejudice remarks from the Brexit thread too.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling and addendum. (see edit history)

Are you threatening me with legal proceeding twinkle? Don't forget to screenshot your bigoted and prejudice remarks from the Brexit thread too.

Twinkle? This isn't nursery. Noted.

I guess if you measure success in life as an unbelievable car history then more power to you. I chose to measure success in a more natural way, caring and giving to others without asking for anything in return and none of it involving money. That shows how truly different we are.

I find the self serving irony of this statement to be truly astonishing. Coming from someone who asseverates to treating EU nationals with contempt and disdain, you are not in any position to now, all of a sudden, when it suits, claim that you care and 'give' to others without expecting anything in return. Perhaps you do so in a discriminatory fashion? That is, after all, "naturally", the way of our resident "non-PC member". I mean, who cares about accepting everyone for who they want to be; cue the constant mockery of transsexuals and people you do not want to accept in your abhorrent, distorted and dim view of what you want our society to descend into.

Then comes your unhealthy obsession with my materialistic possessions, for someone who claims not to care about money, you seem to be oddly fascinated by mine. Please do yourself a favour the next time you look in the mirror, and ask yourself; "what have I become and where did I go so very wrong?"

You are correct on one count though, and that is about how very different we are. In typical fashion however, you failed to elaborate as you should have went on to explain that whilst you are a bottom feeding hypocrite, I'm the guy taking pity on your ungrateful existence by tossing breadcrumbs at you from way, way, above. As I said, there are levels to this life and you're right at the bottom amongst your fellow bottom feeding parasites, aka the racists, fascists and intolerant scum you seem all too willing and keen to associate yourself with.

Edited by Mo Reviews
Response to addendum (see edit history)

God that was hard to read, let alone digest. You are obviously angry, step away from the computer take a deep breath and count to 10.

Is the weather on your shitty little territorial island so bad that you can't go out or do you have nothing better to do rather than spending your whole day on a forum? Thing is, I know much more about you than you about me. I'm not that one getting my wife to ring around pretending to be someone else's wife in order to buy parts from people because you are such a divisive character that some people simple don't want to deal with you.

I'll play this game as I'm waiting on tea to cook. Do elaborate. I call Hovis.