Dragonball 2018 - Caen / Le Mans 17th to 20th May 2018

Burna

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What sort of Menu is that, here are the options but the entire party has to have the same thing? How are they going to cope with anyone that has allergies, for example I cant have the fish as its got Ginger on it.

Mate, I'm with you! I just couldn't get my head around what they were asking me initially by email yesterday morning, it took me a few emails to actually understand what they were asking me! It's ridiculous to say the least. And I still a little confused if that's what they actually meant! lol

Ok, looking at what people have suggested, I'm going to let the hotel know the following:

Thursday Evening

Starter

Plate of country ham and condiments

Main Course

Chicken filet, stuffing asparagus, fried vegetable, potatoes and pesto

Desert

3 chocolate dessert

Friday Evening

Starter

Watermelon, feta and olives salad

Main Course

Mustard Porc Filet, Linguine or French Fries

Desert

Fruit salad and vanilla ice cream

Seems fine to me Burna but as with everybody else I’m a little puzzled as to why the hotel are doing it this way but ultimately I don’t care as it’s DRAGONBALL!!!!!!!!!

Best calm down a bit now I might peak to soon ;)

Seems fine to me Burna but as with everybody else I’m a little puzzled as to why the hotel are doing it this way but ultimately I don’t care as it’s DRAGONBALL!!!!!!!!!

Best calm down a bit now I might peak to soon ;)

Because they are French lol

Hotel notified of the menu choices, and they are now happy lol

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Mate, I'm with you! I just couldn't get my head around what they were asking me initially by email yesterday morning, it took me a few emails to actually understand what they were asking me! It's ridiculous to say the least. And I still a little confused if that's what they actually meant! lol

Its going to be a language issue, but who cares - DRAGONBALL is a week and a day away :D

Just to help out any new people doing Dragonball, I'll start to put together a list of items to bring with you. Anyone else please feel free to add to the list if you think of anything.

Essential Items

Passport

Eurotunnel Reference (You will be emailed this prior to going)

V5

Driving Licence

European cover on your car insurance

GB Sticker, or displayed on your numberplate

Driving in France kit, example: https://www.racshop.co.uk/driving-in-france-kit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwlcXXBRBhEiwApfHGTbKl5xyZynw_YTr7BSnRH08fZQ7bArS_g8Q1Hj2LltuO5dAg1bmnfxoCzcUQAvD_BwE

Advisory Items

Breakdown cover for Europe

TomTom Satnav (One of the new ones that can take the custom routes)

Walkie Talkies (With Sub Channels, we are all on Channel 5, Sub Channel 5)

Edited by Burna
Moved the GB Sticker, and Driving in France kit to Essential Items, as "Do what Burna says, not what Burna does" :D (see edit history)

This may be some use to most of you. I've recently signed up to Transferwise https://transferwise.com/

It allows you to transfer money into Euros (and other currencies if you wish) with far less fees than you would normally end up paying! And the great thing is now that you can have a debit to use with your accounts :) So while abroad you can either draw out the money from an ATM, or pay contactless or with your card and pin. I'm just waiting for my card to arrive as I only ordered it the other day, but hopefully it will arrive before I go on Dragonball :)

If anyone else want's to join up then please use my referral link :) Thanks. https://transferwise.com/u/paulb1230

Revolut offer the same services with the advantage that you dont need to do any transferring. Just top up in any currency you like and when you pay for stuff it does the conversion automatically at Interbank Rates. The App they have is mint too

Revolut offer the same services with the advantage that you dont need to do any transferring. Just top up in any currency you like and when you pay for stuff it does the conversion automatically at Interbank Rates. The App they have is mint too

I have used a Revolut for several years, and although the ATM withdrawal amount per month is low the charge is still better then most banks and you get a better rate

Just signed up to Revolut, thanks Mike :)

I wanted to make sure I had a card to use while on DB so went with their premium account, and it saves me buying separate travel insurance now too as that comes with it. It's going to save me some money on this years trips abroad for sure! :)

Just to help out any new people doing Dragonball, I'll start to put together a list of items to bring with you. Anyone else please feel free to add to the list if you think of anything.

Essential Items

Passport

Eurotunnel Reference (You will be emailed this prior to going)

V5

Driving Licence

European cover on your car insurance

Advisory Items

Breakdown cover for Europe

TomTom Satnav (One of the new ones that can take the custom routes)

Walkie Talkies (With Sub Channels, we are all on Channel 5, Sub Channel 5)

GB Sticker, or displayed on your numberplate

Driving in France kit, example: https://www.racshop.co.uk/driving-in-france-kit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwlcXXBRBhEiwApfHGTbKl5xyZynw_YTr7BSnRH08fZQ7bArS_g8Q1Hj2LltuO5dAg1bmnfxoCzcUQAvD_BwE

I thought it was a req to have a high vis, warning triangle & spare bulb kit in France

I thought it was a req to have a high vis, warning triangle & spare bulb kit in France

I've never bothered, and known people get pulled for speeding and fined for speeding and never been asked to see the kit.

One mans essential item is another mans advisory item I guess.

Edited by Burna
Edit: Changed the lists, as you're right Dunk, it's not to advise what I do, but what should be done as law :) (see edit history)

I've never bothered, and known people get pulled for speeding and fined for speeding and never been asked to see the kit.

One mans essential item is another mans advisory item I guess.

I guess so but think i read not carrying these can get you on the spot fine if you get the

jobs worth policeman, i got one 2 years ago but i'd bought the kit and spare bulbs so was

ok

Think disposable breathalysers are required too - min of 2

There's no fine for not having those at the moment as far as im aware

I think I did read there was a fine, but I'd rather risk paying the fine personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Think disposable breathalysers are required too - min of 2

Oh and if people decide to take the 'Driving in France kit' then they are in there too.

I guess so but think i read not carrying these can get you on the spot fine if you get the

jobs worth policeman, i got one 2 years ago but i'd bought the kit and spare bulbs so was

ok

My attitude is fuck it tbh, the French police always seem to do what they like anyway, no matter what you do or got with you, they find any excuse to pocket your money. But as I say every year, it's all down to the individual if they want to play by the rules and by legal. It's always a case of "Don't listen or do as Burna does" if you want to be legal lol :D