The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why deep pockets?

RACsupra

You can disagree all you want [emoji16] My experience is comparable to my car now against my blue BPU TT running 430bhp. It is a league apart when past 40mph.

I don't disagree that a well setup BPU car is equally as fast as a small single, certainly with older tech, but newer single turbos and supporting mods mean peak boost occurs earlier and is definitely on par with a BPU. Just look at the crazy 6266.

/QUOTE]

When was the last time you actually had a spirited drive with other Supras?!!? lol These are brand new built singles and a big twin ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was me i would Leave the stock turbos in and go for the DCT 7 Speed converstion first :eyebrows: then syvecs

Fuck that! Have you seen what you have to butcher on the car to fit the DCT! I've seen it close up, and I wouldn't do it to mine! Let alone the lack of bolts holding the thing on, and to top it off, have a think how the hell you would change the starter motor if it broke ;)

If or when Paul does a kit for the newer DCT, and if it requires no modding of the shell of the car, then it could be on the list.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

When was the last time you actually had a spirited drive with other Supras?!!? lol These are brand new built singles and a big twin ;)
What's the point mate I only go against Lambos and stuff now. BPU is equivalent to a Vauxhall Nova alongside me [emoji23][emoji23]

What about SRD's 8speed does it need a lot of modification to the transmission tunnel? I seem to think it doesn't.

Burna kit looks the best option for most auto for a more suitable budget.

A small single at 400-500hp would be lovely quick response etc but would you still not need a stand alone ECU for it to reach its full potential. in the states a lot seem to just run stock ECU on a big turbo :blink:

What about SRD's 8speed does it need a lot of modification to the transmission tunnel? I seem to think it doesn't.

Burna kit looks the best option for most auto for a more suitable budget.

A small single at 400-500hp would be lovely quick response etc but would you still not need a stand alone ECU for it to reach its full potential. in the states a lot seem to just run stock ECU on a big turbo :blink:

I think if you keep the boost down you can, I remember Branners had a UK car (with a safc?) let's face it the engine doesn't know how it's getting its air so if it's in the same region of the stock twins at bpu then it'll cope?

Sorry im not saying about manuals as you can bring the revs up to power band ,

But autos with stock tc , a bpu is a quicker car 0-60 and 1/4 mile clearly then a 500 - 600 supra

Now if you track the car then yes a single is better as you are already on the move but from traffic lights out of corners junction ect bpu for the win

Semi slicks on a road car in england to put the power down is a intresting comment for this time of year

Chris you say cheap to go back no not really I would need everything piping, vsv's ect and time to do it and work is just to busy for any free time.

A hi stall and / or smaller turbo and im talking small small like the gtx3076r which is like a 58mm turbo

I guess it all depends on what you use you car for I use mine on the road most the time and track once maybe twice a year

$#@! that! Have you seen what you have to butcher on the car to fit the DCT! I've seen it close up, and I wouldn't do it to mine! Let alone the lack of bolts holding the thing on, and to top it off, have a think how the hell you would change the alternator if it broke ;)

If or when Paul does a kit for the newer DCT, and if it requires no modding of the shell of the car, then it could be on the list.

What’s the gearbox got to do with the alternator?

The newer gearbox will still need the tunnel modifying but only minor adjustments this time, no cutting required.

What's the point mate I only go against Lambos and stuff now. BPU is equivalent to a Vauxhall Nova alongside me [emoji23][emoji23]

/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: no doubt only in a straight line roll and only on a sunny day, looking at your dyno 250hp at 4k revs is laggy not to mention 800hp and uk brakes !...:blink:

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

:rolleyes: no doubt only in a straight line roll and only on a sunny day, looking at your dyno 250hp at 4k revs is laggy not to mention 800hp and uk brakes !...:blink:

Thats all pub talk spec, 2 roundabouts and you aint stopping,

i’d take your car on and put money on you not getting away until you get on a motorway. But then im only running nova power:D

Hahaha yeah ok mate. As I said before the power now would demolish my old Blue TT BPU in 90% of scenarios. UK brakes are also perfect for high stopping speeds, maybe not continuous hard track use, but absolutely capable for fast road use especially with uprated pads.

Seems to me you don't really have a clue what you're talking about. So I'll call you out at the next SupraPod or before and demonstrate [emoji16]🤡

• 1 month later...
What’s the gearbox got to do with the alternator?

The newer gearbox will still need the tunnel modifying but only minor adjustments this time, no cutting required.

Sorry Paul, was typing in a hurry, I meant starter motor, as I couldn't see how to remove it without removing the gearbox or engine, unless you know a neat trick on how to do it?

Sorry Paul, was typing in a hurry, I meant starter motor, as I couldn't see how to remove it without removing the gearbox or engine, unless you know a neat trick on how to do it?

Just got to remove the gearbox to change the starter motor, takes us half hour to remove a DCT gearbox on the ramp so nothing drastic.