The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD-1000S Oblivion Beast Project.

jazz1

just read through this, fantastic work! I'd love to do the same eventually to my supra myself once we shift house and get a unit with storage space as it takes up so much floor space when you have subframes/diffs/gearboxes etc laying around, it's not easy in a single garage haha

really liking the attention to detail, kudos to you for oem parts and clean points!

the v160 rebuild looks fantastic

just read through this, fantastic work! I'd love to do the same eventually to my supra myself once we shift house and get a unit with storage space as it takes up so much floor space when you have subframes/diffs/gearboxes etc laying around, it's not easy in a single garage haha

really liking the attention to detail, kudos to you for oem parts and clean points!

the v160 rebuild looks fantastic

Thank You.

Congrats on your hard work. As well as well done on your patience and perseverance man. Definitely paying off. I like the way those people in the U.S at Jacks transmissions redone your tranny as well as took alot photos for your documentation process. Real nice of them. See they do their pre-loading different as they mentioned to you that Toyota manual has it incorrectly noted down? This car looks superb hey. Could you tell me who Lee is and how do I contact him? Keep up the hard work man. Was thinking this post was so old it probably ended by now. See the car is perhaps 70 to 80% there now?

Once again well done Jazz

Congrats on your hard work. As well as well done on your patience and perseverance man. Definitely paying off. I like the way those people in the U.S at Jacks transmissions redone your tranny as well as took alot photos for your documentation process. Real nice of them. See they do their pre-loading different as they mentioned to you that Toyota manual has it incorrectly noted down? This car looks superb hey. Could you tell me who Lee is and how do I contact him? Keep up the hard work man. Was thinking this post was so old it probably ended by now. See the car is perhaps 70 to 80% there now?

Once again well done Jazz

Hey thank you for the lovely words, yes has been a long roller coaster at times wanting to give up due to working so much overtime and long shifts to build the dream project.

Lee is the owner of SRD and trader on here, details are below;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?166-SRD

This is ridiculous. Hats off to you this build is epic.

Air cups are a great idea. Get to keep show looks but still have the performance in the coilovers. Nice

Thank you, previously my bumper use to catch a few times and that did cause hairline cracks. The cups are a great price by stance parts and SRD fitted these to my HKS latest coilovers. No more hassle or worry about catching my bumper, whilst also having the low stance for the show appearance :cool:.

Thank you, previously my bumper use to catch a few times and that did cause hairline cracks. The cups are a great price by stance parts and SRD fitted these to my HKS latest coilovers. No more hassle or worry about catching my bumper, whilst also having the low stance for the show appearance :cool:.

I like mine low as well so might look into these kits. Makes me cringe when i hear my bumper scrape.

Hope to see this car in the flesh when completed :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

The dash panels were in a bad state, Toyota had discontinued the facelift dash panels plus the manual facelift gear surround. The only available gear surround was the pre-facelift in black. So I decided to purchase a new pre-facelift gear surround with a new ashtray that come in Matt black from Toyota (pre-facelift). Steve Manley mentioned the pre-facelift work totally fine with the facelift, only difference is the slight grey colour, SRD had my panels re-done to match the new gear surround as I prefer the Matt black to the grey.

Remove/strip facelift dash panels,

Strip/repair Damaged OE coatings

Clean down/repair and repaint in Matt black

Repair holes/digs/scratches etc.

Before:

AB23FC01-C782-4A42-A0B5-1D3FDC267555.jpeg

69C6B36B-1DEE-4B46-9470-423E4227E01B.jpeg

6C322AA1-F23A-42A0-B5EC-ED7D84F6A194.jpg

3E882F37-9605-4041-BA78-68CDBF148C67.jpeg

19F80D49-377D-4B0F-A48A-9778267BCAF6.jpg

29EBC810-31F2-453D-8609-2D1894D74575.jpg

A0FD02FE-D0E7-4F61-8390-AA2AC32542FF.jpg