The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2017 F1 Thread

Nic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be like MotoGP, exceed track limits, get a penalty, even in qualifying. But Max did really well to finish 4th from his grid place!

Hamilton world champion in Mexico I reckon

Yep it’s highly unlikely he will finish less than 5th which is all he needs to win the championship regardless of where vettel comes.

Yep it’s highly unlikely he will finish less than 5th which is all he needs to win the championship regardless of where vettel comes.

Just goes to show nothing is certain in Motorsport ! But it didn’t matter in the end and a thoroughly deserved world championship.

Well done Lewis and thoroughly deserved

I love reading the Facebook comments on the F1 page, full of foreigners screaming conspiracy every time there's an incident. They were going mental yesterday claiming Seb deliberately caused Hamilton's puncture

Congratulations to Hamilton for winning his 4th title and to Max for winning the race, shame it wasn't a clean fight between

them though which spoilt it for me.

After Vettel hit Max and damaged his wing did he then deliberately hit Lewis as he had nothing to lose as he'd need a new

wing anyway ?????? hmmmmmmmm

It's an interesting argument isnt it. Like DNK said, his wing was already gone before the corner.

Hamilton was pretty much already past vettel after but then he seemed to just drive into the side of him. Standard operating procedure for vettel and surprised it didnt get investigated more.

Ferrari dropped the ball so denied us an exiting end to the season.Verstappen is great at mixing it up,love the way he races.Botas has not delivered and neither has Kimi, both not in the same league as their teammates.Was surprised to hear Lewis ask his team if anyone was managing to overtake when Vettel was charging through the field.A great result for Hamilton lucky of course that Rosberg wasn't his team mate;)

• 4 weeks later...
Kubica testing the Williams at Abu Dhabi !

Is it the sympathy vote or does he have major financial backing that Williams cannot ignore. As although I was a fan of Kubica in F1 he was not 'that' fast back then. I can only imagine being years away from F1 and the awful injury he sustained he is not on a par with someone else of his experience.

I hope my opinon is wrong

Not bad, then you look and see Sirotkin is only half a second slower on softs. And Vettell is 2 seconds faster on the same tyres.

Ive always said its a bad choice bringing him back, his arm is disabled, and theres probably more capable, younger drivers to bring through. But as always its who's bringing the biggest bucks, a la Stroll.