The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2017 F1 Thread

Nic

Wow Alonso! How close was that and to go from last to 1st. Shame about the penalties tho.

/QUOTE]

He had slicks on, everybody else was intermediate that's why.

When everybody went back to slicks in q2 he was last again lol

My first GP as a spectator had a great day on the pit straight, can't wait to see my pics.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, I think the FIA just make it up as they go along. They really need to stop swapping the driver steward's for each race. It is Danny Sullivan I believe this weekend, and I can't see any reason to bring in ex-racers for anything other than a publicity stunt. The fans want consistent rulings, so you need the same people making the calls. Ideally people who have an in depth understanding of the rules as they are now, and people who have a background in officiating.

That's only part of the problem though, you can't really blame the decisions when the rules themselves are so irredeemably dumb.

I think Palmer's performance in F1 shows the current state that GP2/F2 is in. The quality of the field has dropped significantly over the past few years, with many talented younger drivers moving to the US or into sports cars. There was a time when GP2 had 13 teams with 3 other teams trying to get in, but now they can barely get 10 teams to survive a full season.

It's the same with GP3, it has become too expensive, and the place F2/GP3 originally had on the single seater ladder is no longer relevant.

Not a bad race, max and sebs battle best bit. Bottas keeps dragging himself into contention.

There's too much money involved Alex, privateers cant compete now. And the best drivers dont always move up as its how much sponsorship or whos academy you've bought into.

Typical Vettel runs verstappen off track then complains when verstappen does the same

He then runs Bottas off the track later in the race

Good race though, shame Verstappen pitted with a lap to go, would have been a podium I reckon with what happened to Kimi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was interesting to see just what a power advantage the Mercedes car has, even with a serious slipstream no other car can pass it in a straight line. I'm amazed Mercedes haven't won every race this year, their car is by far still the strongest. Having the most horsepower is really paying off even with this years rules allowing for more aerodynamic gains.