The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2017 F1 Thread

Nic

Watching the after race comments I was surprised to hear Hamilton commenting about Vettel's actions being a bad example to young people !Obviously running your previous team mate off the track at high speed must have been ok in his eyes,and yes I know Rosberg was also guilty of this.It's nothing new in the sport,a lot of the "greats" were guilty of the same thing.It was no surprise to hear Coulthard say it was up to the driver behind to maintain distance since he famously lifted in front of Shumacher at Spa in 98 causing a big crash,resulting in Michael storming to his garage at accusing him of trying to kill him.They all have short memories when it suits them.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i dont believe Hamilton even braked

You can see he slowed before even entering the corner, not exiting as Vettel claims, Vettel just got caught out by it and tried to pass the blame in my eyes

Amazing how he claims his innocence and doesnt know what he did wrong

Of course any driver on the recieving end of what Vettel did will preach how bad it is, but Hamilton is no angel

What you have to remember is he deliberately drove alongside in road rage style and drove into him. Not seen that before in F1 racing under safety car.

"The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that restart at that point on the track than at the other two restarts."

I wonder what Vettel and the Ferrari team will think tomorrow in the cold light of day. Shocking behaviour from a 4 time world champion, and by all accounts a really nice guy. a 10 second stop/go isn't enough. What happened if he'd broken Hamiltons suspension? Or his own?

FIA have given him 3 points on his race license so he's 3 short of a race ban.

Also thing pitting Hammo for the cockpit headrest was a bit rash

Listening to 5 live, they coined the phrase 'Safety cars breed safety cars' which proved to be true, especially when you're letting lapped drivers through. Thats madness in my eyes.

Ricciardo drove a great race, but once again everyone is talking about the stupid behaviour of Vettel and Hamilton.

The sport needs to get shut of both of them, they are bringing the whole thing into disrepute like Senna did.

:blink:

What you have to remember is he deliberately drove alongside in road rage style and drove into him. Not seen that before in F1 racing under safety car.

"The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that restart at that point on the track than at the other two restarts."

:thumbs:

I read that this morning too.. basically in this situation, Hamilton didn't nothing wrong. Vettle drove into him... twice! 10 Second stop go penalty is far too lenient!

He drives a ferrari though. F1 will probably give them another 100 million next year to make sure they stay in the sport and say sorry that the cameras were facing that way at that moment.

Its a shame the sport has come to this...

I thought Hamilton's words were true, 'If Vettle can get away with this then everyone can start to drive into each other'

... although in saying that, its nothing new. Schumacher did the same to Damon Hill in 94... still not forgiven him for that! :taped:

Its a shame the sport has come to this...

I thought Hamilton's words were true, 'If Vettle can get away with this then everyone can start to drive into each other'

... although in saying that, its nothing new. Schumacher did the same to Damon Hill in 94... still not forgiven him for that! :taped:

No neither has my dad, remember watching that with him, he was furious words along the lines of "bloody german..........." :D