The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

My engine gets delivered tomorrow and im pretty excited about it too!

The misses has even agreed to let me keep it in the living room [emoji16] so i have set up the engine stand next to the TV and bought down some of my single turbo kit which i was keeping in the bedroom [emoji23] imageimage

:D haha you’re a mad man, video it dude ;)
Lol i am slightly worried about damaging my flooring. I only had it done last year.

Just been to my parents house and got loads of big bits of ply board to lay down while i wheel the engine crane through the house lol! The engine crane itself weighs about 60kgs.

Lol i am slightly worried about damaging my flooring. I only had it done last year.

Just been to my parents house and got loads of big bits of ply board to lay down while i wheel the engine crane through the house lol! The engine crane itself weighs about 60kgs.

/QUOTE]

You will ruin it imo like mate, my crane with an 2j on doesnt half need dragging about it leave’s hellish scratches on concrete and tarmac, sinks into the latter if left for long enough, its alot of weight on a very small area(s), if the wheels were larger and made of rubber instead of steel you might be ok,

i think youre nuts tbf :D

Your missus is very understanding!

I wanted to keep a couple of scooters in our conservatory whist I made room in the garage but it was s no! Although I have had car parts in the spare bedroom when they have been stripped down the only trouble now is my 2 yr old daughter likes to hide things

Pissed off today!

Got up and ready at 8am for this engine to be delivered, waited all week for this and paid an additional £43 for Saturday delivery and it hasnt shown up! Rang JDM Garage and the guy quite simply said he didnt know why it hadn't arrived and that "he doesnt deal with that side of the business" was put on hold while he contacted the delivery firm to then be told there office isn't open on a Saturday and i should wait till Monday! Mondays no fucking good hence why i paid extra for it to be delivered today!!

Then when i told him that i had specifically paid for a Saturday slot i was told again that he didnt deal in that side of the business.

So if you dont deal with deliveries and dont deal with finances - what do you deal in? and why are you answering the phone?!

Anyway, not a good start with JDM Garage.

• Sad 1

Not good enough, make sure you get a full refund for the "Saturday" delivery!
Oh i will do! Although im still going to have to get it delivered on a Saturday because its the only time im free without booking a day off work.

If I'd have booked a day off work and it hadnt shown up I'd have cancelled the order and bought another engine elsewhere.

Things like this really wind me up - even more so when its something as a expensive as this

Not good to hear at all mate, I know how your feeling believe me I hate situations like that. I have to say I have heard bad things about JDM garage my mate got engine and was meant to include ecu but when turned up no ecu and had to wait few weeks for ecu to turn it and he kept ringing them and they weren’t intrested at all.

Not good to hear at all mate, I know how your feeling believe me I hate situations like that. I have to say I have heard bad things about JDM garage my mate got engine and was meant to include ecu but when turned up no ecu and had to wait few weeks for ecu to turn it and he kept ringing them and they weren’t intrested at all.
Great lol! Fortunately i specified i didnt want the Ecu, just the engine and loom with all ancillaries execpt the turbos. If they mess me about il simply cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

One of my concerns now is.. i have paid them quite alot of money for an engine.

I dont know where it is and they dont know where it is. But somewhere in the country is my engine, in the possession of someone i dont know.. and subsequently dont trust, and they are going to have my engine now until Monday at the very earliest!

I have spoken with JDM Garage this morning and they have been very apologetic. It seems the fault lies with the pallet company though, and as a result they are doing a special delivery for me tomorrow evening.

The delivery fee has also been refunded to me.

All going well i should have the engine tomorrow evening now.

I have spoken with JDM Garage this morning and they have been very apologetic. It seems the fault lies with the pallet company though, and as a result they are doing a special delivery for me tomorrow evening.

The delivery fee has also been refunded to me.

All going well i should have the engine tomorrow evening now.

/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed for you bud

Thanks guys, yeah its frustrating but out of my control so no point getting wound up - although i was pissed on Saturday!

Anyway, tomorrows the day! I have changed my shift around at work and worked my lunch break today to give me an extra hour to get home well before 5pm. If it doesn't turn up tomorow people will die.