The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

I have been extremely fortunate with some of the parts i have bought over the past year.

It really has been a case of right place at the right time!

Every deal i have got has come about when i have gone to buy something completely different.

Went to buy a black carpet, ended up buying a gte head with brian crower valve train, brian crower cams, whifbitz pulleys and gte loom.

Dropped an intake manifold off to someone and ended up buying his R154 box with prop, fly, and bellhousing all suited for a direct swap into a mk4.

Then lastly went to buy a spare engine and came away with a brand new virtual works manifold.

And for all that i have paid under £1500 lol

• 2 weeks later...
Nice buy! You may find you need to cut and move the position of one of the wastegates as it fouls either the steering column/brake master. Jamie had to do the same with his VWR twin gate manifold on a RHD car.

Yes i had read somewhere that occasionally RHD cars have issues with US made manifolds. I did a quick mock up this morning and my oil drain from the turbo looks like it might be abit tricky too

• 1 month later...

Today i sorted out the drivers side wing/hockey stick/sill cover.

Its bugged me for a little while now as some of the gaps didnt align too well and it all looked abit crap (very minimal but it catches my eye all the time)

I bought new clips and had abit of a suffle about with it all and it looks much better now

Then me and misses went to the inlaws for dinner.. got afew quick pics in while they were preparing the roast

Just been catching up on this build and loving the progress, I'd agree with tackling it yourself mate, give yourself the winter to take your time and have a good go at it. Would be a pretty rewarding experience :)

The thing that worries me is that its not just going to be a simple rebuild.

Its going to be single turbo gte cylinder head on a ge block in front of an R154 transmission lol. Its going to be abit of a toyota Frankenstein build and i have very limited experience in this side of things!

I have bought another new set of wheels 😁😁

New wheels make me happy!

To be honest i was slightly unsure on them when i initially saw the sales advert but they were a cracking price and super rare sizes so thought id take a punt at them and if i didnt like them id easily be able to get my money back.

Anyway, Christian (spunkmeyer) kindly dropped them off to me tonight as he was passing through and they are much nicer than i first imagined.

Genuine BBSs all original with the original screw on centre caps.

18x9 fronts and 18x10 rears.

Im super stoked with them!

They are in need of a refurb but for the price i paid i couldnt be happier.

And before anyone asks, my old wheels have sold. They literally sold within minutes of me putting on facebook that i had new wheels

With a fresh refurb and new decals these are going to look awesome and will allow me more clearance and therefore a proper geometry setup