The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harleys new progress blog from the start. My Na 5

HarleyFDMD

I've been having a bit of a tinker this evening, i have a set of brand new oem coil packs and plugs for a non vvti and i am going to use them with this vvti engine.

I am led to believe they are better than the vvti coil packs and should work fine considering i will also be using a non vvti engine loom and standalone ecu.

The only slight adjustment i can see will be the need to trim the first bracket down slightly on one corner so to clear the vvti cam cover.imageimageimage

Correct, that is the cam sensor you are missing. Fair play for living room engine work :D
Cool thanks Mike.

I've perched on the sofa now because im quite partial to a bit of 8 out of 10 cats, working on an engine in the living room definitely beats working on an engine in a cold damp garage!

That looks awesome in the house Harley haha almost the perfect ornament to have, ssi intake would finish it off nicely

I thought my red supra had a clean tank cover as it looked smooth and black (i hadnt been under the car just from a distance/glance) turns out all thats left of it is the bolt holes :D it’s basically completely gone haha

I love brand new oem parts!

Just picked this fuel tank guard up from Mark. I started to think these guards came rusty from the factory lol. This nice shiny one proves otherwise!

It was good too meet up today buddy!

You really cannot beat brand new items especially things like these tank guards, it just makes a rear end refurb so much easier

I look forward to more updates and if ever you are in my neck of the woods please pop by and take me for a run in the single you may just twist my arm to build the rsp shell as a big single

That looks awesome in the house Harley haha almost the perfect ornament to have, ssi intake would finish it off nicely

I thought my red supra had a clean tank cover as it looked smooth and black (i hadnt been under the car just from a distance/glance) turns out all thats left of it is the bolt holes :D it’s basically completely gone haha

I do want an SSI intake but its just the cost involved! This is the problem, i dont just settle and 'get it done'. I keep upgrading this and upgrading that and it just keeps delaying the end result lol.

Although with that being said, i will buy one lol [emoji23]

This is without a doubt one of the best transformation on the forum in the last few years. That is gonna be one clean sup congratulations and keep up the fantastic work
Thanks Dan ☺

I hope it becomes one of the better cars out there, i have literally poured my heart into it - everything i can afford has gone and is going into it.

I reckon in afew years time though i might look for a genuine facelift vvti tt6 shell and then swap my drivetrain and everything else into it to try and make a more 'vin accurate original car'

I love brand new oem parts!

Just picked this fuel tank guard up from Mark. I started to think these guards came rusty from the factory lol. This nice shiny one proves otherwise!

It was good too meet up today buddy!

You really cannot beat brand new items especially things like these tank guards, it just makes a rear end refurb so much easier[emoji106]

I look forward to more updates and if ever you are in my neck of the woods please pop by and take me for a run in the single you may just twist my arm to build the rsp shell as a big single[emoji6]

Was great meeting you also Mark, i always have time for a good supra related chat and even more so with someone who genuinely shares the same passion.

Your cars are phenomenal, to have a genuine uk tt 6 in that condition and that still smells like a brand new car inside really is something to behold. I was/am still very impressed.

Was great meeting you also Mark, i always have time for a good supra related chat and even more so with someone who genuinely shares the same passion.

Your cars are phenomenal, to have a genuine uk tt 6 in that condition and that still smells like a brand new car inside really is something to behold. I was/am still very impressed.

/QUOTE]

I am glad my cars made a lasting impression

Yours is something special too it looks amazing in the pictures.

I bet your mums face was a picture whilst muttering “this wouldn’t have happened under my roof”

Keep in touch ok!

Bought afew more bits and pieces.

Another R154 shifter to keep as a spare with my two boxes, a new gasket for the oil strainer in the sump for when i swap them over, a billet HKS rep top feed rail and a Bride gear stick gaiter.

I have also bought some Bride material to have a go at wrapping afew bits. I have seen Josh Day has beaten me to it and done a really good job. I am going to do the centre arm rest and also experiment with some old door cards i have.

The rail i have bought is just a HKS rep. I paid £45 and didnt expect much but figured at the end of the day its just a piece of billet aluminium. I am pleasantly surprised by it, its got a good bit of weight to it that i didnt expect and is nicely finished. My 1000cc FIC injectors have slotted in nicely too and il look at fitting it maybe over the weekend

imageimage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bought afew more bits and pieces.

Another R154 shifter to keep as a spare with my two boxes, a new gasket for the oil strainer in the sump for when i swap them over, a billet HKS rep top feed rail and a Bride gear stick gaiter.

I have also bought some Bride material to have a go at wrapping afew bits. I have seen Josh Day has beaten me to it and done a really good job. I am going to do the centre arm rest and also experiment with some old door cards i have.

The rail i have bought is just a HKS rep. I paid £45 and didnt expect much but figured at the end of the day its just a piece of billet aluminium. I am pleasantly surprised by it, its got a good bit of weight to it that i didnt expect and is nicely finished. My 1000cc FIC injectors have slotted in nicely too and il look at fitting it maybe over the weekend

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180201/b7460db79ba1823b1d136e5dbf7e6bf8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180201/2fe5b354f1b69ab8666dbb5783c52e1d.jpg

Look forward to seeing how you get on with the door cards mate I'll see how you got on first ahah [emoji106]

• 1 month later...

Stripped the engine down a bit this afternoon - basically just removed the loom, AC compressor and the manifolds. Hopefully tomorrow i will flip it over and swap the sump over for a supra one.

Eventually i will also be pulling the head off to fit arp head studs and do the stem seals.

Its sooo nice doing it all in the living room in front of the TV!!imageimageimageimageimage