The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Turbos

JasonR24

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be running aet built hybrids, but I'm adding an additional 38mm turbosmart wastegate to run along with the stock inadequate wastegate in turbo #1 so I can bin the stupid restrictor plate

I'll only be running 1.3-1.4 bar max as even with porting i don't believe the cast manifold setup to be free flowing enough to not be detrimental to the head

I will be going single again in a year or so

• 2 months later...
Running the sequential system in parallel defeats all the development Toyota put into a wide torque curve. Loads of noise and none of the power until a lot later on, better off going single if this is how you want to run the car.

I knew they were referring to the parallel mode, but couldn't think what TTC stood for...

What point? Or is that the point.... Lol

/QUOTE]

Exactly this!

Running the sequential system in parallel defeats all the development Toyota put into a wide torque curve. Loads of noise and none of the power until a lot later on, better off going single if this is how you want to run the car.

Yes TTC , True Twin Conversion , both laggy turbo spool at the same time and not one which waste gate spools the second waiting to come on line then lets it at 4000rpm the sequential system is very clever over compulated but still amazing , putting two modern day turbos in there that flow and spool quicker would be the icing on the cake with a cherry on top imho

Do you have yours now? Care to pop up some pictures if you do?

Yes I do have them, but not taken any pictures. The kit is currently packed away. I'm slowly pulling together parts to refresh the engine, such as oil pump, water pump, tensioners, pulleys, fuel pump, gaskets and oil seals. Need to get cams, spring retainer kit, syvecs, valve seals, injectors plus other items which I'm sure I've forgotten to mention!