The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Turbos

JasonR24

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could compare settings at the weekend, in case there's a set up issue, as I have the same boost controller.

/QUOTE]

Would be good to compare but I'm 99% sure it's not the boost controller as there is no boost even with it turned off. It's got gradually worse over the course of a few days like before so guessing it's a valve issue. Vsv or iacv or something...

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Assuming it's still drivable you would have an awesome collection of people on tap who should be able to diagnose the problem.

/QUOTE]

I hope so mate. It is drivable but it's like an NA :lol: the turbos are added weight so maybe slower!

If anyone who is coming to the S club meet and has the turbo pipes and all the valves and solenoids etc that would be appreciated! Or maybe help with diagnosing it!

Thanks again to everyone for their help so far :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update this, got it boosting again but something is still wrong, the dip between 1st and second turbo is more prominent than it used to be and 1st turbo even with upped boost is only going to 0.6 bar max. And 1.1 bar on second max. The cause of the issue was a cable going to the first Vsv was dodgy. I'm assuming there could be another dodgy wire causing the difference in boost right now? I knew it would be something stupid and fiddly like a dodgy earth or wire

Just thought I'd update this, got it boosting again but something is still wrong, the dip between 1st and second turbo is more prominent than it used to be and 1st turbo even with upped boost is only going to 0.6 bar max. And 1.1 bar on second max. The cause of the issue was a cable going to the first Vsv was dodgy. I'm assuming there could be another dodgy wire causing the difference in boost right now? I knew it would be something stupid and fiddly like a dodgy earth or wire

I'd refer you back to the link somebody posted

I was taken for a test drive to get my approval, and apart from the transition taking slightly longer than it should (think I saw the second turbo hitting full boost between 4500-5000rpm) everything else seemed fine with it. Maybe your ECU needs time to get its stuff together, or maybe like that link suggested there's still a VSV or cable issue, or maybe you should just run a TTC mod

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest gmhigh flow

FB_IMG_1464180675384.jpg

This is one of the dyno results on the Munro Racing Stage 4 ct20 high flows. In sequential and 23psi using 98 octane fuel. Many Stage 4 get well over 500hp.

This is one of the dyno results on the Munro Racing Stage 4 ct20 high flows. In sequential and 23psi using 98 octane fuel. Many Stage 4 get well over 500hp.

Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum :)

Can you explain a little bit more about your process of making hybrids and the various stages available. In the UK we don't really see reliable hybrid turbos, certainly nothing that is pushing the sort of power yours are.

I think there are a few of us on here that would be interested in going this route rather than single.

Guest gmhigh flow
Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum :)

Can you explain a little bit more about your process of making hybrids and the various stages available. In the UK we don't really see reliable hybrid turbos, certainly nothing that is pushing the sort of power yours are.

I think there are a few of us on here that would be interested in going this route rather than single.

I have been building them for about 6 years in Australia.

I do rebuild (stage1) stage 3 which is bigger comp and wastegate work to stop boost creep and the stage 4 which is all the major restrictive components high flowed or replaced. I have done dozens of stage 4 with no failures but varying power levels. Depends on the owners budget and setup.

There soon will be a stage 5 that is bigger again that deals with every restrictive part in the whole twin ct20 assembly. But still in development. The stage 4 is a very big labour intensive job and there is now a very long line up for them.

The original goal, when I developed them, was for a rwl 500rwhp in sequential, bolt on using the oem turbo and parts so it looks stock and performs with very little lag.

The power goal has been surpassed many times now.

Best to contact through the facebook page or the website.

Hope this helps guys out.

I am building a couple of stage 4's for two guys from the UK currently.

Edited by gmhigh flow (see edit history)

I have been building them for about 6 years in Australia.

I do rebuild (stage1) stage 3 which is bigger comp and wastegate work to stop boost creep and the stage 4 which is all the major restrictive components high flowed or replaced. I have done dozens of stage 4 with no failures but varying power levels. Depends on the owners budget and setup.

There soon will be a stage 5 that is bigger again that deals with every restrictive part in the whole twin ct20 assembly. But still in development. The stage 4 is a very big labour intensive job and there is now a very long line up for them.

The original goal, when I developed them, was for a rwl 500rwhp in sequential, bolt on using the oem turbo and parts so it looks stock and performs with very little lag.

The power goal has been surpassed many times now.

Best to contact through the facebook page or the website.

Hope this helps guys out.

I am building a couple of stage 4's for two guys from the UK currently.

Yep one of them is mine! Hopefully... [emoji6]