Branners

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never used RAC again since they shafted me on the first DB I went on

Same as me last time £900+ to get me home as I refused to leave the car and keys with pikey bill NOT A CHANCE!!!! Was sold to me on the understanding that any problems me and the car come home at same time!! And this was asked more than enough times and everytime yes was the answer!! And was on the phone so call was recorded oh but no chance..... When back I called and spoken to a manager and wrote a very true fully letter that was from start to finish and all got back was sorry I was not happy with the experience with are company bull crap

Bunch of money grabbing c€$¥s that lie hand over fist never again will I ever have anything to do with them again

Really hope you get treated better matey and it's not to bad

Same as me last time £900+ to get me home as I refused to leave the car and keys with pikey bill NOT A CHANCE!!!! Was sold to me on the understanding that any problems me and the car come home at same time!! And this was asked more than enough times and everytime yes was the answer!! And was on the phone so call was recorded oh but no chance..... When back I called and spoken to a manager and wrote a very true fully letter that was from start to finish and all got back was sorry I was not happy with the experience with are company bull crap

Bunch of money grabbing c€$¥s that lie hand over fist never again will I ever have anything to do with them again

What's the alternative to the RAC or the AA?

You should have taken it to the financial ombudsman mate. You have up to six months after a complaints decision.

Don't get me wrong, I knew I wouldn't be coming back with the car, that's why I left it, and I also knew that it could take up to two weeks and the car will just be loaded onto a multi car transporter. I tried to warn others in the RAC thread when it was stated that you are repatriated with your vehicle, as I've never heard of that happening.

I'm not that precious over the car, so wasn't bothered about leaving it, and it will comeback when it comes back. I've started the ball rolling with a complaint over being misled, as I will be going over the car with a magnifying glass when it gets back, and will start a case for any damage incurred, along with the repair costs :) Trust me, I love a battle like this, and have always come out on top in the past, so we will see how this goes ;)

I work for an insurance brokers and if the advisor on the phone told you that, they need to honor it. 100% put in a claim with the financial conduct authority ombudsman. All the calls are recorded. Even putting in a complaint to the ombudsman against them will get them fined a hefty amount. IIRC they get 5 complaints per year with no financial repercussion then after the 5th they're fined £500+ per complaint too, so they'll take it seriously.

I will be going over the car with a magnifying glass when it gets back, and will start a case for any damage incurred, along with the repair costs :) Trust me, I love a battle like this, and have always come out on top in the past, so we will see how this goes ;)

I am pretty sure I saw the guy loading the car put a long scratch down one side :innocent:

I work for an insurance brokers and if the advisor on the phone told you that, they need to honor it. 100% put in a claim with the financial conduct authority ombudsman. All the calls are recorded. Even putting in a complaint to the ombudsman against them will get them fined a hefty amount. IIRC they get 5 complaints per year with no financial repercussion then after the 5th they're fined £500+ per complaint too, so they'll take it seriously.

I already know ;) But thanks for the info. Why do you think I did so well out of my daily that got written off, play the game just like they do ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty sure I saw the guy loading the car put a long scratch down one side :innocent:

No way!!! I thought I saw that too!! You will be my first witness mate ;) lol

I'd LOVE to do something like this next year, but I'm just wondering what you guys used in fuel (roughly) for the full trip?

I've no idea. I don't want to know. Just stick it in and have some fun.

(That advice could be used for sooooo many things)

Not as much as they got through in booze by the sound of it ;)

Wise Wilson knows :D

Dragonball everybody, Dragonball

LOL. I've never ever even worked out my MPG in my Supra, and I don't want to, but I would just need to know how much $$ to save before running out of money for fuel in a different country :D

Burna and I used 1.5 tanks :rlol:

Can't believe how little we used! lol

£90 to fill the tank in the Midlands before I set off

£45 in Maidstone to brim the tank before DB Thursday Morning

Then two top ups on DB totalling a mighty £140.28p!

We done about €50 each day, probably 3-4 tanks.

Ignoring the fuel, I was just disappointed in you..........

You could of had such an epic Friday night with us, I mean FFS, me Zack and Abz found a F***ing trance cave, I'm not particularly into trance music, but it was a cave Chris, AN ACTUAL CAVE!!! We had to go through a tunnel, I thought we were going to the toilets :D