Dragonball 2016 - Luxembourg Break for the Border 12th to 15th May 2016

Branners

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dumb question on dragonball graphics - how does ordering/fitting normally work?

I'll be writing a post later tonight or in the morning...

But the quick answer is that on the morning of DB usually whilst waiting for the train you will be given 2 X small window stickers, 1 x large sticker and a "forum name" sticker....

If you want anything different than that then there will be more stickers available for purchase shortly or you can request artwork if you want to get your car wrapped or something more.....

Hope that helps

Routes are all completed :) And all converted to the three file formats for the satnavs. The conversion took hours, mainly due to the Garmin being a pain in the arse with getting the routes to show. I even tested it with last years routes and it was still just as bad, eventually the new routes showed, I hate Garmins, crappy glitchy things. The ITN files for the old Tomtoms were also a pain as it uses waypoints, so a lot of editing and creating fresh routes to export was needed. The new Tomtom was a dream, just turned it on, entered my tomtom account details into the satnav, and it automatically synced with MyDrive and grabbed all the routes I had imported last Sunday! So if you are looking to purchase a new satnav, I highly recommend the new range of Tomtoms :thumbs:

All I have to do know is test a local route and see how all three act when I purposefully stray of the route. I know what the old Tomtom will do, be a pain and keep trying to send me back to the waypoint I missed until its deleted. But the Garmin and new Tomtom follow a route track, so hopefully it will just direct me back to the route at the nearest opportunity, but as I said I have to test it and see.

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Routes are all completed :) And all converted to the three file formats for the satnavs. The conversion took hours, mainly due to the Garmin being a pain in the arse with getting the routes to show. I even tested it with last years routes and it was still just as bad, eventually the new routes showed, I hate Garmins, crappy glitchy things. The ITN files for the old Tomtoms were also a pain as it uses waypoints, so a lot of editing and creating fresh routes to export was needed. The new Tomtom was a dream, just turned it on, entered my tomtom account details into the satnav, and it automatically synced with MyDrive and grabbed all the routes I had imported last Sunday! So if you are looking to purchase a new satnav, I highly recommend the new range of Tomtoms :thumbs:

All I have to do know is test a local route and see how all three act when I purposefully stray of the route. I know what the old Tomtom will do, be a pain and keep trying to send me back to the waypoint I missed until its deleted. But the Garmin and new Tomtom follow a route track, so hopefully it will just direct me back to the route at the nearest opportunity, but as I said I have to test it and see.

Well done Burna! I now have my new tomtom 6100, so if you need me to try anything then let me know? By the way how do you get the routes on to mydrive?

Well done Burna! I now have my new tomtom 6100, so if you need me to try anything then let me know? By the way how do you get the routes on to mydrive?

/QUOTE]

Thanks mate :) I've got a Tomtom 6100 here, that's how I tested putting the routes in.

To get the routes onto your Tomtom GO, log into your Tomtom account on your GO 6100.

If you go to My Drive https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/

Then on the left of the screen go to 'MY ROUTES', you will then see an option at the bottom of that panel to 'IMPORT A GPX FILE', click that and when the routes are released you will be able to import them into My Drive.

Once you have imported them they will all be sent to your Tomtom automatically, simple! :)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Thanks mate :) I've got a Tomtom 6100 here, that's how I tested putting the routes in.

To get the routes onto your Tomtom GO, log into your Tomtom account on your GO 6100.

If you go to My Drive https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/

Then on the left of the screen go to 'MY ROUTES', you will then see an option at the bottom of that panel to 'IMPORT A GPX FILE', click that and when the routes are released you will be able to import them into My Drive.

Once you have imported them they will all be sent to your Tomtom automatically, simple! :)

Excellent! Thanks for the info! Can't wait to get the routes now and see where we are going. [emoji6]

So, did some testing this evening of the Garmin and also the new tomtom tonight on some local routes I had planned and imported into to each satnav. The Garmin didn't start of well, as there's a glitch when selected the route it gives you two identically called options of the route to pick from, the first one I chose started to take me a direct route. So pulled over and tried the second named option, this then took me on my planned route. The only thing I can suggest for DB is that you choose one of the routes, and if the arrival time is roughly the same time as the itinerary you will be supplied for the trip, then you've picked the right option. If the arrival time is a lot less, then you've chosen the wrong one, and you will need to go back and try the other one. After chatting to Branners tonight, he told me that he never guarantees the Garmin routes, so use a Garmin at your own risk I'm afraid.

The new tomtom works very well, didn't come across any problems. It reproduced my planned route exactly and the directions followed it. So very happy with it, and will be using that for DB.

So, did some testing this evening of the Garmin and also the new tomtom tonight on some local routes I had planned and imported into to each satnav. The Garmin didn't start of well, as there's a glitch when selected the route it gives you two identically called options of the route to pick from, the first one I chose started to take me a direct route. So pulled over and tried the second named option, this then took me on my planned route. The only thing I can suggest for DB is that you choose one of the routes, and if the arrival time is roughly the same time as the itinerary you will be supplied for the trip, then you've picked the right option. If the arrival time is a lot less, then you've chosen the wrong one, and you will need to go back and try the other one. After chatting to Branners tonight, he told me that he never guarantees the Garmin routes, so use a Garmin at your own risk I'm afraid.

The new tomtom works very well, didn't come across any problems. It reproduced my planned route exactly and the directions followed it. So very happy with it, and will be using that for DB.

Nice one buddy looking forward to using this as soon as I can stop my Tom Tom speaking Iranian :D

Good work Burna, it must take ages

Yep, I've lost count of all the hours now, it's well into many long days. Planning the routes, getting the length of the routes right for arriving at lunch and stops, checking the routes by driving them with google street view to check junctions and any potential problems etc... Then converting them all into the files that the three models of satnavs will read correctly. I've been off work for two weeks recovering from a knee op, so offered my time to Branners to get it all done as I know he's busy with a new job. I will never again wind him up that planning Dragonball is a piece of piss lol

I'll be on it again for the rest of today as I need to redo all the Garmin routes so that the start point is further away, as last night I found I had to go back to drive through the start point as it was further down the wrong way of my street, doh! I'd done it on all the routes for the old tomtoms, but thought the Garmins would be ok as it uses a track of the route, but no :( I'll probably redo all the routes and move all the start points for the new tomtoms aswell just to be safe. Wish me luck! lol