Dragonball 2016 - Luxembourg Break for the Border 12th to 15th May 2016

Branners

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Routes for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are now all done and in the hands of Branners for review.

Sunday lunch stop on the way back a couple of us will be leaving lunch early to drive up to Adinkerke on the France/Belgium border to buy cheap tobacco, cigarettes, and cigars. If anyone is interested in joining us then let me know. The rest of the group will be going direct to the tunnel by the quickest route after lunch.

Can any of you with the latest TomTom's do me a favour please. Go to the main menu, click on 'Services', and tell me if you have a 'MyDrive' services icon there please. Hopefully working on getting the routes to run on the latest TomTom's.

I get an option for MyDrive from the TomTom Services menu on my Go 50.

---Edit---

Looking at things, I can import .gpx files into MyDrive and pull them through onto the TomTom, it then shows up in the 'My Routes' section. Just tested with the Evo triangle route. There are converters for .itn to .gpx, so it'll probably work with whatever format you have the route in.

Edited by ianhid (see edit history)

I get an option for MyDrive from the TomTom Services menu on my Go 50.

---Edit---

Looking at things, I can import .gpx files into MyDrive and pull them through onto the TomTom, it then shows up in the 'My Routes' section. Just tested with the Evo triangle route. There are converters for .itn to .gpx, so it'll probably work with whatever format you have the route in.

Exactly! You understand what I've been messing around with today :)

Do me a favour and try this test route for me and show me what route you see on the TomTom please.

Edit: Changed the GPX file to one without multiple destinations. If you could try this one and send me a photo of what route you see that would be great :)

20160417090348-74198-data.gpx

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Guess I better go and buy a Tom Tom then. What model do I need or will any do?

Hold fire mate until I know that I've definitely cracked it first please. The last thing I want is you beating me to death with your new tomtom if it doesn't work for DB routes lol

Loads ok, photos below, also shows on the TomTom web page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211082[/ATTACH]

That's it! Cracked it! You all owe me many beers Shitlords lol

Thanks so much for testing Ian, is that the second GPX I put up?

Quick testing, the Go 50 loads the route in about 50 seconds, keeps the route on the device across reboots, can hold multiple routes (only tested with two but see no reason it can't do more) and costs about £100. It's an old model (2014?) with a resistive touchscreen, which might or might not annoy the pants off you. It cant currently hold a full detailed Western Europe map, but can hold one with only partial building outlines (so you get building outlines in GB and Ireland, or in benelux, or in france, etc). You can add external storage, needs to be about 8GB at current map sizes.

The Go 51/61 is newer and has a better CPU and more onboard memory etc but costs more. The routes section was all handled via current TomTom route planning/management software, so I see no reason this wouldn't work exactly the same with newer kit.

You might want to avoid the 'Start' series kit though as they can't do traffic status at all, which is annoying for general satnav use. The Start units can load data from the TomTom MyRoutes site (according to documentation), but only via USB cable from a computer. They should be able to load the routes Burna is building, I have no way to test that though.

Log into TomTom MyDrive and add the route file to MyDrive on the website: TomTom-MyDrive.jpg

Then connect your TomTom via smartphone bluetooth tether or to your computer via USB and it'll pull the route across onto your device. It might take a couple minutes via smartphone, depends on data rates. You have to be logged in to TomTom services as the same user that you uploaded the file with.

Try numbering them 01, 02 ... 09, 10. That should sort them correctly in the list. Super work though, should make life much easier!

Doh! Lol Yep that fixed it thanks :)

Good work Burna

HD

Thanks mate, but you're still the man ;) lol