The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car shows quality of cars shown

Guest markolambo

Don't feel the need to apologise to this creature Pete. You're a top bloke, you've put yourself out for us and your car is lovely. Your car is exactly what I was looking for.

We have;

- N/A 5

-N/A-T Aerotop

-VVti Tip

-UK TT Auto

-Single 6 Speed

That's a varied and vibrant display, showcasing almost every different way a supra can present itself.

The cars are exactly what I was looking for, well cared for and used examples. The stand looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the other members who came along chipping in.

Lastly, feel free to post up some pics, both the underside and bodywork of your UK cars. I'd love to see how they compare to any of the cars we have.

Wasnt a single turbo auto there though :tongue:

:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion of a showcar is something in better than new condition, attention to finish and panel fit, attention to detail etc. And the only way to get that and keep it that way is to trailer it everywhere and keep it in a bubble, then comes the question whats the point?

Just my opinion

Tim

TB Developments

There is a show car, but then there is taking your car to a show.

We too visited the stand today and was impressed.... A great representation of the club, the cars and us the enthusiasts. Top job to you. The Supra was designed to be driven and enjoyed.... Not locked away! (Mind you, I took mine for an MOT on Friday and got bollocked by the garage as the car had only done 11 miles in 12 months. I must try harder!).

Cloudder

Thought the Supra's looked great,spoke to Streetech who was telling me he was working to upgrade his car,nothing wrong with that:).So what if they are not origional,i loved looking at all the cars in the show no matter what the condition.By the way i would gladly take any of the Supra's on the stand:d

My opinion of a showcar is something in better than new condition, attention to finish and panel fit, attention to detail etc. And the only way to get that and keep it that way is to trailer it everywhere and keep it in a bubble, then comes the question whats the point?

Just my opinion

Tim

TB Developments

Agree and disagree with that. I agree that yeah a show car needs to be different and ideas thought should be one-offs. Wow the crowd not make them walk past. I disagree that a show car mainly gets trailered, I won basically every single show my last supra attended and that was 6years being unbeaten. I drove mine to all shows!!.. No one appreciates the dedication, the time cleaning and the up keep of a true show car... It's never ending... And here I am building another one bigger and better than the last.

People drag race, people just drive and use, and some people love to show & shine!! I'm one of them people and I'm passionate about what I love and going outside the box.

The cars on display in my opinion are some of the finest examples of a Toyota supra!! Big credit to the owners as they look mint and in concours condition.... Not show cars though and I mean that with the greatest respect.

Lovely cars and how they can get slatted is beyond me.

There were lots of poor quality cars on display, it's a classic car show so you get everything from a concours E type to a rusty Marina

The mkiv's looked pretty good to me, was good chatting to Josh and a brief chat with Ian, my apologies for not getting back to the

stand but got forced out to the Metropole for dinner and drinks :)

There weren't many cars in the whole show that you couldn't find fault with if you looked hard enough

I almost went to the classic car show but didn't quite manage to get there in the end. I don't think the Supra Mk4 quite fits in that environment. Opposite the Imp stand it looks too modern by comparison and its Japanese which probably doesn't fit into the classic classics bracket. As for the condition of the cars it is always more interesting to talk with owners who have taken a car and brought it up to their standard whatever that happens to be and use it rather than parked in a garage protected from specs of dust.

The best long chat I ever had with a classic car owner was someone with his series 2 Land Rover that his dad bought new and had been in the family for 50 years. Not a show car by any means but it had a family name, been pictured in many interesting settings and had a host of good stories. That's when you know a man and his machine are in perfect harmony and the machine gives the greatest joy to its owner.

Just viewed the pictures expecting there to be some dodgy supras, they look stunning!!! bloodeh mint! That red one though, is that yours Josh? :love: paintwork is gleaming!!! I think the bloke was expecting some real ridiculously modified stuff like you get in these jap shows, different coloured bay to the rest of the car, big whale intakes, harsh dissonant colour schemes - all that palava. Its a classic car show for Petes sake, top job lads - showcased all of our love for supras, clean, tastefully modified/stock, great examples :):thumbs:

Edited by SupraP-Z (see edit history)

Maybe it's just me, but I think some peeps overreacted a little bit here. When your car is on show, it's there to be judged. When my car was at Goodwood, Toyota told me other Supra owners/enthusiasts were commenting that my grill wasn't standard and where it the active spoiler (it just wasn't down at the time). It's just nitpicking and it comes a 'lil too natural for some.

I don't doubt all the cars were stunning, but you'll never please some people. :)

Just viewed the pictures expecting there to be some dodgy supras, they look stunning!!! bloodeh mint! That red one though, is that yours Josh? :love: paintwork is gleaming!!! I think the bloke was expecting some real ridiculously modified stuff like you get in these jap shows, different coloured bay to the rest of the car, big whale intakes, harsh dissonant colour schemes - all that palava. Its a classic car show for Petes sake, top job lads - showcased all of our love for supras, clean, tastefully modified/stock, great examples :):thumbs:

That's correct buddy, the red one is mine, cheers mate!