The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car shows quality of cars shown

Guest markolambo

Guest Streetech

Mine is the Silver N/A so please let me apologise for my headlights being cloudy but I ran out of time.

Last week the car was at the body shop getting bits resprayed for the show and I was trying to locate and fit the standard engine bay parts to put her back to stock so the club could show an N/A next to an N/A-t.

I couldn't find standard wheels in my budget (the work to get her to the "poor" standard you described cost me £790) and my stubby was fitted because the standard aerial was snapped off when I bought the car in August.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markolambo

Shuts door leaves forum ....crying eyes out....drives away in rusty uk model .....longing for a stubby,...60000 mile import with manual single turbo , in white...gunmetal........or any colour but not silver .....why oh why did i own this model for 23 years ......why oh why do i expect anything from my pathtic life ......opens bottle of Chablis and cries into his chamios whilst leaving the school playground.

Mods please delete my account

Mine is the Silver N/A so please let me apologise for my headlights being cloudy but I ran out of time.

Last week the car was at the body shop getting bits resprayed for the show and I was trying to locate and fit the standard engine bay parts to put her back to stock so the club could show an N/A next to an N/A-t.

I couldn't find standard wheels in my budget (the work to get her to the "poor" standard you described cost me £790) and my stubby was fitted because the standard aerial was snapped off when I bought the car in August.

Don't feel the need to apologise to this creature Pete. You're a top bloke, you've put yourself out for us and your car is lovely. Your car is exactly what I was looking for.

We have;

- N/A 5

-N/A-T Aerotop

-VVti Tip

-UK TT Auto

-Single 6 Speed

That's a varied and vibrant display, showcasing almost every different way a supra can present itself.

The cars are exactly what I was looking for, well cared for and used examples. The stand looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the other members who came along chipping in.

Lastly, feel free to post up some pics, both the underside and bodywork of your UK cars. I'd love to see how they compare to any of the cars we have.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Shuts door leaves forum ....crying eyes out....drives away in rusty uk model .....longing for a stubby,...60000 mile import with manual single turbo , in white...gunmetal........or any colour but not silver .....why oh why did i own this model for 23 years ......why oh why do i expect anything from my pathtic life ......opens bottle of Chablis and cries into his chamios whilst leaving the school playground.

Mods please delete my account

As you asked for it, goodbye.

Don't let the door smack you on your arse on the way out.

That red aerotop top just from looking at it looks really well look after. A very good example. What does this guy expect? a 93 in oem condition with 16" wheels, yellow headlights and a stock cassette player?? :( these machines need resto modding if you ask me, using modern and better quality parts...led conversions, touch screen headunits, reupholstered worn interior parts, modern alloys, new light units and even body parts like spoiler, bonnets, lips...I hate the whole numbers matching oem stock thing. Wont enjoy a thing.

the uk model had non standard alloys ..not stock

You could order those wheels from a Toyota dealer when buying a brand new Supra if you wanted, they are optional factory extras for the GS300 sport. And I suspect the European dealers probably sold them as a Supra option, as Toyota branded ones can be found, and the Supra was the only Toyota branded car sold in Europe that they would have fitted at the time.

Besides which, the single main reason why Supras are a halo car is because they are one of the most tunable cars on the planet. Even a simple decat results in a 'night and day' change.