The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Round 2, big single GTE.

FOSTA

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she started first time! After bleeding the cooling system and pas I ran it for around 10minutes or so keeping revs above 2k

Then took the car out for another 10 minutes on the road for some light acceleration runs putting light load and engine braking.

So now it's time for a oil change then normal driving for the next 500miles before I hit the dyno and getting mapped in. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

So it’s been like nearly a year since I posted on here.

Been really busy this last year concentrating on other things.

Alittle update on the car:

The boost logic box started slipping going from 1st into 2nd gear mainly just on the upshift but then it gradually got worse then it started slipping on the down shift from 2nd into 1st also, so it’s been off the road for the last 6 months or so. I don’t actually think it’s anything serious probably just a line pressure solinoid as it just started happening while crusing around and there is no smell of burnt oil and the oil is clean and bright red in color.

But I’ve decided going manual is the way I want to go as I’ve been looking to upgrade the turbo just before the boost logic started acting itself. So I’ve decided T56 magnum is the way I want to go. Looking into it it’s actually no cheaper if anything with the import tax and shipping probably more expensive than going v160/1. The main reason I’ve decided to go this route is because it’s a newer more modern box and also I just can’t jusify spending that amount of money on like a 10th hand 20+ year old box! Plus this T56 is all brand new.

I’m currently in a group buy with Joel so once that comes through I’ll be ordering the box. I’ll keep this thread updated along with pics of the conversion. :)

The boost logic box started slipping going from 1st into 2nd gear mainly just on the upshift but then it gradually got worse then it started slipping on the down shift from 2nd into 1st also, so it’s been off the road for the last 6 months or so. I don’t actually think it’s anything serious probably just a line pressure solinoid as it just started happening while crusing around and there is no smell of burnt oil and the oil is clean and bright red in color.

But I’ve decided going manual is the way I want to go as I’ve been looking to upgrade the turbo just before the boost logic started acting itself. So I’ve decided T56 magnum is the way I want to go. Looking into it it’s actually no cheaper if anything with the import tax and shipping probably more expensive than going v160/1. The main reason I’ve decided to go this route is because it’s a newer more modern box and also I just can’t jusify spending that amount of money on like a 10th hand 20+ year old box! Plus this T56 is all brand new.

I’m currently in a group buy with Joel so once that comes through I’ll be ordering the box. I’ll keep this thread updated along with pics of the conversion. :)

Great, look forward to that, you'll have to update this thread on the fitting and how it is. A lot of doubters on here for the t56 and it's diff choices. would be good to see the finished item and how it drives

Mint. Please post up a full thread on that. Will be most interesting to see.

• 2 months later...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for supra parts, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do know, you possess a very particular set of skills, skills you have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make you a craftsman for enthusiasts like me."

Jamie, what a transformation man. That car is worthy of any Toyota museum reputation. Keep up the good work :ok::thumbs:

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for supra parts, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do know, you possess a very particular set of skills, skills you have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make you a craftsman for enthusiasts like me."

Jamie, what a transformation man. That car is worthy of any Toyota museum reputation. Keep up the good work :ok::thumbs:

Ha ha ha thanks mate ;)

Ok so , the boost logic has now been removed, manual peddles in, clutch master cylinder in, all wiring done, sensors mocked up, reverse lockout solinoid set up, cluchmasters flywheel fitted and bolts torqued up and pilot bearing fitted. Gearbox filled with fluid and billet shifter fitted. Got to say a huge thanks to Marc Dixon for all his help with the conversion! ;) F11C0465-7E03-4576-B988-7F4D0A01844F.jpeg6D314750-03CA-48C9-AF11-06E42FAE9451.jpeg2B5246DF-90F6-4FD7-9FF5-BA9146115799.jpegE8595511-7A3D-43F4-BA30-3E1973C5C183.jpeg0DBF3CB7-66F4-4F73-BEB4-52A7B12DD6BB.jpegC938DE88-B29E-4FA2-94F6-0CFD53196ED2.jpg

• 1 month later...