The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Round 2, big single GTE.

FOSTA

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!^^^^

I decided to get all the intercooler piping powdercoated in a fine texture Matt black.

At last minute I thought it might look quite good with alittle polished detail in the piping and after some thinking decided to go with the hypertune logo on the intercooler pipe that goes into the throttle body.

The shop said they had never done this before but said they would give it ago and hope for the best!

Basically I cut out the hypertune logo with my plotting machine ans stuck it down on the polished piping, they said after covering it in powder they had to part bake on the powder to the point it stated to melt at a lower temperature, they then attempted to peel away the decal I added. Then they turned up the heat and finished baking off the pipes.

This is how it turned out!

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well mapping didn't go so good! Jamie couldn't get the car to make its power as the boost was dropping off at anything above 1bar boost. He messed around for hours and said its down to the turbo, it's burnt/ melted tips on the hot side so I've ordered a new turbo. It made 520bhp at the flywheel on a broken turbo so not sure what to expect once the turbo has been replaced.

Luckaly i have just sold my ski so that money went on a new turbo! It sucks but sh*t happends!

I went for the precision 6266 gen 2 ball bearing turbo, all I can do now is hope it's worth it!

In the mean time I've made myself a show bonnet stay and named them HOODLOCK! Lol they lock the bonnet into its open position so no one can move it and it reduces the chances of people leaning over your wings!

Lol I know fella sucks balls. I found 2 boost leaks that had been like that for a while so I think the turbo has been over spinning/working to keep its boost at 1.55 bar and maby that's burnt it out. I think its and easy thing to miss if there's not a turbo speed sensor fitted But I'm not sure. No point pissing around as shit happeneds and we just need to get on with it! Ha ha ha ;)

Does this mean it's big single round 3 :cool:

Ha ha ha ha it might as well be as I've nearly replaced everything on the car now ha ha ha

Going to fit a 4" down pipe and mid pipe to go with the whifbiz 4" exhaust system too I think as I'm only 3" at the minute.

Just need to work out what to do with the wastegate pipes as they are plumbed back into the 3" down pipe at the moment.

Well while I'm waiting on this new turbo coming I'm getting my car ready for the spring cleaning car show.

I found my hks mid pipe to be blowing when it came off the Dyno after mapping so I went to change the gasket and found the face of the flange was badly warped so I ordered the Whifbitz midpipe just to get me to the show. At fist glance it looked very simalar apart from it being stainless instead of mild steel like the hks one was! So I proceeded to fit it to find it was out by 4 inches when I connect it to the down pipe first! So then I connected it to the cat back exhaust system first and found it was out by an inch at the down pipe flange front touching to not touching!

So I took it back off again and lined it up against the hks one I took off and found it was the angle of the front flange was not set at the correct angle!

Has anybody came across this before and if so what did you do? Or is it just a case of a new mid pipe or getting one made up?

I had the same with my Whifbitz mid-pipe when fitting my new HKS Exhaust up. Again, like you mentioned its the angle of the flange which is slightly skewed.

What did you do with it then fella!? I've tried pushing quite hard put its too far out and I don't want to put too much stress on my Very expensive turbo manifold. Lol