The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK-spec 6-speed Manual Twin Turbo

AJI

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth very little now but it span out on the motorway at 60ish in a heavy rain downpour on route for mot.

I've been over the what ifs a hundred times but an overall sense of feeling pretty stupid is still number 1, and rightfully so.

I tried to treat it with respect but obviously didn't anticipate how they are in very wet conditions (which I didn't really plan on using it in).

Can only apologise in general for wrecking such a great car. Absolutely gutted.

:(

It's worth very little now but it span out on the motorway at 60ish in a heavy rain downpour on route for mot.

I've been over the what ifs a hundred times but an overall sense of feeling pretty stupid is still number 1, and rightfully so.

I tried to treat it with respect but obviously didn't anticipate how they are in very wet conditions (which I didn't really plan on using it in).

So the big question is .... how long did you actually have it for ?

Dont get hung up on it too much its just a car im sure the insurance will cover most the cost

This is why I didn't want to sell my car to new members. I'd be gutted to see that if I owned it 14 years & to think this went on the nurburgring & all over Europe!!

It's been well taken care of so far and I don't take it out in the rain ;) although it did rain on the way back from picking it up and I just gave the car respect and it was fine :)

Shame to see such a nice car go to the scrapyard...

You have no need to apologise to anyone, it was your car to do with as you please.

Accidents happen, and we all do stupid things occasionally. I'm sure you'll have learnt a valuable lesson, and the important thing is no one was hurt :)

Those pics are a hard sight for me to look at to be honest. :(

I was glad to hear sat0ng was ok and at the end of the day a car is 'just' a car.

I have a lot of memories tied up in that motor and its a sad way to see it go.

Hopefully though as Supras are very strong cars, it may not be beyond the realms of impracticality to repair/restore it back to usable good condition? If not then hopefully it can live on as parts to keep other Supras alive.

Had my Supra for 9 years and it was a daily driver (personally put over 80K Miles in that time) - 600bhp Single. Never had an issue driving it in the dry or wet - even a heavy downpour

I remember driving it back from Wimbledon to the City on the motorway when it was snowing very hard - was tricky due to 285 rears but not that challenging. have to be smooth in those slippery conditions.

So sorry, the cars are fairly forgiving if driven properly and I am surprised you crashed it in the wet while being civil.....

EDIT - oil on the road would probably be the only fair excuse (if driving civil)

Had my Supra for 9 years and it was a daily driver (personally put over 80K Miles in that time) - 600bhp Single. Never had an issue driving it in the dry or wet - even a heavy downpour

I remember driving it back from Wimbledon to the City on the motorway when it was snowing very hard - was tricky due to 285 rears but not that challenging. have to be smooth in those slippery conditions.

So sorry, the cars are fairly forgiving if driven properly and I am surprised you crashed it in the wet while being civil.....

EDIT - oil on the road would probably be the only fair excuse (if driving civil)

That.

I was glad to hear sat0ng was ok and at the end of the day a car is 'just' a car.

I think that is the most important thing, a car at the end of the day is just metal, plastic and rubber. Memories will stay with you...............well until you lose your marbles and dribble into your bib whilst your false teeth fall out. :)

Sorry to the last and previous owners to see this. It's hard for those of us that had nothing to do with it never mind those who have had a connection to it.

As above; glad the driver and everyone else were unharmed.

As we know, these engines have a sweet spot around 60mph in the right gear so this could be what has caused the driver to be caught out.

It's a stark reminder that they really do deserve upmost respect until you get to know it (and beyond). For me after 5 years+ of ownership I am still careful to use smooth throttle in the wet. Accidents happen though and I'm full of sympathy.

Death of an icon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.