The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAW build - Dressed to kill- full carbon wide body

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Decided i would treat myself to some aftermarket timing pulleys. I couldnt have them how they was so i gold plated some dome nuts and washers and also gold plated the big bolts which hold them on. Also a cheeky few pics of my VWR T6 manifold after being black heat coated. Looks really fresh, really happy.

Yeah seen them cars and I can appreciate the work involved but on the outside on panels isn't my cup of tea.

Shows are very strange things at times. I took loads of awards with the gold rush but was then told i wasn't allowed to enter no more as it's unfair lol my comment back was that the others should up the game haha that went down like a pint of sick and I wasn't allowed to enter no more

Yeah seen them cars and I can appreciate the work involved but on the outside on panels isn't my cup of tea.

Shows are very strange things at times. I took loads of awards with the gold rush but was then told i wasn't allowed to enter no more as it's unfair lol my comment back was that the others should up the game haha that went down like a pint of sick and I wasn't allowed to enter no more

Can people even say that? You're right if that is the benchmark then people need to up their game! crazy, you need to name and shame those events

Can people even say that? You're right if that is the benchmark then people need to up their game! crazy, you need to name and shame those events

Won't be naming but they know who they are. You never know who is following my build. Each year I up my game and invest money into doing so, what gets me annoyed is half the cars in these shows just use it as a parking facility lol.

Totally understand where your coming from on this one!

I've entered some big show n shine events and found that some were completely fixed, These were hosted by some Big companies, Won't say any names. However I confronted the organizers and they shrugged their shoulders and said oh well its done now! Spend more time interacting with the team and judges and you never know you may win.

At the time when I did the shows I upped my game every year but lost heart in it when you knew the shows were fixed.

There still are a hand full of shows that are honest and do proper judging with score cards and not just favor their mates cars etc....

I proved my point that I could be best in shows time after time and left with my head held high feeling proud of my car.

Rob your build is amazing and no Doubt you should wipe the floor clean with trophies, However do the build for your self and not for shows mate as when you start competing in the big shows that are mostly rigged it's disheartening knowing you worked so hard with so much effort and endless praises from no end of public, But a car that's no way near to your standard gets no attention, pulls no crowd walks away with the win.

Edited by original_amo (see edit history)

That's exactly my outlook on it. Show and shine competitions don't appeal to me one bit. I buy/build cars for myself and have always said that and the attention it gets from the public is an added bonus but I don't thrive on it.

Keep up the good work and if you keep true to yourself when building it, you will not go far wrong at all.