The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAW build - Dressed to kill- full carbon wide body

Rob_Mitchell

the lower water neck on the engine was really sending my OCD into over drive and its just too close to take risks with heat from exhaust and heat from the waterneck itself. so i contacted PHR and got them to send the lower water neck adaptor and used this with the TT lower water neck as it hangs lower.. absolutely perfect results

I also took delivery on the PHR billet Top water neck which will clear all my turbo housing problems hopefully. stunning piece of kit and looks immense. just needs mirror polishing and gold plating.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few pics of the work being done to my intake runners and greddy maniold. Ash at SRD match porting it all out slightly bigger. faultless work yet again from SRD and the team. Gave it all another real decent clean out prior to fitting at my end. Started to slowly look like a engine now.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mitchell9006/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zpspljk6cni.jpg

nice to see health and safety at work there Ashley!

Few sneek pics from stevo who has done a great job on the carbon steering wheel for me and matched the tan leather im using for my build. hard to capture the tan in a photo.

I made a start on fabricating a 3mm stainless steel cam pulley cover. been very tricky to get right but started to take shape. not finished yet but ill post some pics when its all done. Got some cool ideas for it though

Well this is take 2 on the pulley cover. first attempt i sandblasted it into the metal, looked good but the 'R' was missing its middle and my OCD took over. Today i polished it all back and re-thought my idea... literally just gold plated over the sticker and peeled off to leave the stainless steel, looks much better.

any last words?......... pretty much aimed at the haters on social media who chat nonsense and comment rubbish

Also got the engine bay painted the other day. TOYOTA 1A1 is my colour of choice.. always had a soft spot for it and looks great.