The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAW build - Dressed to kill- full carbon wide body

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been busy getting a few parts done and trying out little ideas. I gold plated the middles of my cam pulleys and left the lips chrome, seems to work and gives a good contrast. pretty much love my new bonnet hinges, took a fair bit of time to do but im very happy with the outcome and will add some bling to a boring area.

need to crack on with the leather again now so ill post pics when bits get done

Little update with no pics.

Finally after a long wait trying to find a engine I have decided to go down the built head and forged bottom end route... Didn't think I would get a easy ride on this build haha so I guess power goals have now gone up too. Many thanks to everyone who has helped search for a complete engine it's much appreciated.

Little update with no pics.

Finally after a long wait trying to find a engine I have decided to go down the built head and forged bottom end route... Didn't think I would get a easy ride on this build haha so I guess power goals have now gone up too. Many thanks to everyone who has helped search for a complete engine it's much appreciated.

You changed your mind since friday then, thought you were staying stock engine lol :)

Nearly finished trimming my dash. I planned on leaving work yesterday and working all night on the leather BUT as always you hit problems and the glue i use decided to go rock hard in the tin haha. hopefully have some more by monday.

Not much left to do with the dash now, needs the edges glued properly and the speaker holes cut but thats it. i did get the rear panels mocked up and they will be the next pieces with regards to covering with leather. Overall im very happy with how things are looking and its our first ever attempt at any sort of 'full' retrim like this. Its a learning curve.

When I first saw the colour choice for the leather I wasn't a fan but have to say I'm loving it now. Guess it reminded me of the stock cream interior and they usually look a bit tired nowadays. The carbon is a great addition to it all too, great work!

Seats going to be along the same lines? Or is it hush hush until pics reveal all? :D