The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why are aerotops more popular?

Noz

I owned an aerotop for 7 years and loved it, I now have had a hardtop for just short of a year. I couldn't tell you which has been my favourite, aerotops are fun with the roof off. But I also love the better handling of a hardtop.

So far I haven't regretted selling my aero....

My aerotop:

My hardtop:

Why not? why get a hardtop. Having the roof on you have a hardtop supra...and the aero option is there for those nice days, plus driving a supra with the roof of is a whole different experience in itself, not to mention people shouting out 'cool car' now and then :D Only thing that's not so good is driving on a rough road...supra picks them up so easily :(

As some of you said, when the sun is out its epic being in an aero, and as mentioned above the noises are multiplied. I went to the Lakes recently and thoroughly enjoyed it

Q picture... ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=200686&stc=1&d=1430407407

This would also be a massive influence for most of us having an aero...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=200687&stc=1&d=1430407561

not seen your aero before wow looks spot on lovely colour what is it midnight purple ?

Love having the roof off, after having every incarnation of the mkiv, I could never go back to a hardtop unless it was for a non road going track car, life is just better once that roof comes off :D

- - - Updated - - -

Love having the roof off, after having every incarnation of the mkiv, I could never go back to a hardtop unless it was for a non road going track car, life is just better once that roof comes off :D

Stunning car Ric :)

I've had my Aero for 11 years and never wanted another car, I'll admit they wobble a bit with the roof off but the feeling you get when the suns shining on a clear day or on a warm summers night is awesome.

You'll have to wait for the finished picture :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=200695&stc=1&d=1430472030

d23.jpg

In a straight line I will give any hardtop a run:d forget the twisty's though if you want to know how much a aero flexes park one side up on curb and try and bolt the roof back on :blink:

http://i.imgur.com/zjccLk8.jpg

Brace it up, granted it adds more weight, but if you brace it right you can bring the COG down on the car, buddy of mine has done the bracing in his and I kid you not, no flex with the roof off, none! Roof on, a seriously rigid piece of kit, I'm currently doing te same bracing to mine and iirc the breakdown was:

- Rear cage.

- Braces that stretch the length of the sill and sit underneath the car.

- Trans tunnel brace

- Replacement rear subframe braces(like the ultra racing ones).

- Front subframe 'square' brace

- Do-luck rear brace(goes behind the front seats on the floor)

That was at 850whp(it's more now!) and the thing was solid, even with the roof off, like I said, it's more weight, but at those power levels on a road car, it makes no noticable difference.

Don't get me started with spoilerless... my mate (who drives a ford mondeo - tdci) told me that I shouldn't bother driving a Supra with the spoiler on and that they look 100x times better without one. Told him to F#!* off :D

Your mate drives a Mondeo.....what does he know? :D

Don't get me started with spoilerless... my mate (who drives a ford mondeo - tdci) told me that I shouldn't bother driving a Supra with the spoiler on and that they look 100x times better without one. Told him to F#!* off :D

Good man :thumbs:

I just wouldn't want a non-aerotop supra. There is a huge choice of non-supra hardtops on the market. The main reason I got a supra at all was because it was an aerotop. There is little out there that you can take the roof out of that goes quite as well as a top end of BPU supra does for the money.