The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just renewed my insurance with lancaster

Tyson

After a disappointing renewal quote from sky I started trying other companies First up was Lancaster Insurance. Sky quoted me 550 which was 5 pound less than last year and Lancaster just quoted me 218 pounds over 60% less for the same policy with the same insurer !!!!! Work that one out :blink:

I've not even bothered ringing anywhere else as I doubt i'll get any better than that !!!! When I rang up to cancel sky didn't even bother trying to keep my custom the guy just said fine. After 2 good years Sky have disappointed me massively but I suppose they can't be competitive for everyone.

I can't even get through to sky's customer service team.. Just on hold, then in a loop, somebody answers then transfers me back to the holding queue after saying i was put through to wrong department?! then back on hold until answered by wrong team again. etc etc for 45 minutes.

I only want to change my personal reg onto the car, it's getting to the point that I can't drive the car... (plate is already on the car) useless.

I can't even get through to sky's customer service team.. Just on hold, then in a loop, somebody answers then transfers me back to the holding queue after saying i was put through to wrong department?! then back on hold until answered by wrong team again. etc etc for 45 minutes.

I only want to change my personal reg onto the car, it's getting to the point that I can't drive the car... (plate is already on the car) useless.

Send the Sky rep (Alex) a pm and see if that gets you anywhere.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

From personal experience, if the amount saved with another insurer surpasses a certain amount then your original insurer wont even attempt to beat it.

This happened on my old 1.4 golf, renewal time came and I did a comparison search and found one that was literally £500 cheaper and when I told the insurance company how much I would save going elsewhere they just said "we can't beat it"

From personal experience, if the amount saved with another insurer surpasses a certain amount then your original insurer wont even attempt to beat it.

This happened on my old 1.4 golf, renewal time came and I did a comparison search and found one that was literally £500 cheaper and when I told the insurance company how much I would save going elsewhere they just said "we can't beat it"

This is the same insurance company just different brokers if im reading Mikes post correctly

If everything is the same other than the broker then i guess it's how much the broker wants

out the deal that changes the figures

This is the same insurance company just different brokers if im reading Mikes post correctly

I always knew I couldn't read :D

As Dunk said it was just different brokers same insurer, the guy at lancaster was a bit baffled by it but we double checked all the details and they were spot on.

But they could have better customer service skills to be fair.

For £330, I would want customer service that included them cleaning my car once a week and sexual favours should I be in the mood.

H.

It's the same insurer using a different broker so customer service will be the same :)

I found Sky to be overpriced too, customer service was very poor too, come renewal the price went up roughly 30%! I didn't hang around & made a huge saving!

I never tried Sky again after being spoken to like an idiot and being quoted £5k, but £2k if I'd owned the car for more than a year, to insure my NA6 at the age of 21. (8 years ago!) Full NCB, Clifford alarm, previous performance car history. Adrian Flux did it for £1600. They did tell me though, that if I'd bought a UK TT6, it'd gave been less than half the price!

I rang Sky when my insurance came up for renewal and got the same 'Customer Service' just a not interested attitude, I went with Adrian Flux in the end, they rang me back when I asked, the women was a little pushy and kept trying to lock me in to the deal but she WANTED my business. they were about the same price as Sky, I added my missus to the quotes and both almost doubled but some how Adrian Flux matched a quote from Admiral with the missus on the policy.

Probably didnt help that when Sky asked what the missus drove I told them a 1.2 VW Fox :taped:

I never tried Sky again after being spoken to like an idiot and being quoted £5k, but £2k if I'd owned the car for more than a year, to insure my NA6 at the age of 21. (8 years ago!) Full NCB, Clifford alarm, previous performance car history. Adrian Flux did it for £1600. They did tell me though, that if I'd bought a UK TT6, it'd gave been less than half the price!

Sounds like a common trait then!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i take it lancaster dont like imports, just got quoted 2500 a year

The chap (Jason), who has commented above you has an import and has just paid £216 for his car. The prices heavily depend on location & age. Hence why you see such a massive difference in prices.