The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The one that got away

Graham1984

Was that the one I bought?! I am so glad I didn't let it go! It will be back up for sale though very soon... a little different from last time I bought it :)

I am waiting for H and the TRD that got away :D

Hi mate tbh I'm not sure think it may be your one. Once I found out it sold I didn't try chasing it anymore. Did you by yours from down this way? I had a feeling it went way up north.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is blackies car back in the uk now or are those just old pics?

TWICE I have missed out by a day on putting a deposit on a DJG TT auto and then a DJG TT6! Both those times my car was for sale and I had someone lined up to buy it, never sent a deposit and stopped contact :(

Hi mate tbh I'm not sure think it may be your one. Once I found out it sold I didn't try chasing it anymore. Did you by yours from down this way? I had a feeling it went way up north.

Hey Jake, it wasn't Reading but close by in Eton. It was the NA6 White one with 20k on the clock.

Is blackies car back in the uk now or are those just old pics?

TWICE I have missed out by a day on putting a deposit on a DJG TT auto and then a DJG TT6! Both those times my car was for sale and I had someone lined up to buy it, never sent a deposit and stopped contact :(

They were his old pics DB. Iirc the guy who brought it ripped some of it apart, I was gutted when he posted saying he was changing it. I thought it just needed turbo seals doing and that was it.

I missed out by a few hundred quid at auction for loads via JM.

This one in particular boils my **** still [emoji51]

[ATTACH]198899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198900[/ATTACH]

Which is why I will eventually get some white TE37s [emoji2]

I missed around 2 other supes same way, and a few other cars that just sold before I could see them at the shop. (Not all supra tho)

[ATTACH]198901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198902[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198903[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198904[/ATTACH]

The civic sold within hours of going online, Jurgen even said, don't really know what these sell for, think I under priced it ha.

And this GT4 sold while in transit!

[ATTACH]198906[/ATTACH]

Yeah pretty sure thats the one from memory. Did I ever tell you how much I hated you Abz? :D

I put Abz onto that one, guy was an Airbus pilot had imported it personally, paint need a good going over and the tyre side walls were perished and I was watching the pennies back then so couldn't stretch to the price plus minor tlc it needed straight away....silly looking back but happy Abz got it :-)

They were his old pics DB. Iirc the guy who brought it ripped some of it apart, I was gutted when he posted saying he was changing it. I thought it just needed turbo seals doing and that was it.

I used to speak to the guy on fb that bought it, he ripped it apart from what I remember and then tried to sell it. No idea what happened to it though

I used to speak to the guy on fb that bought it, he ripped it apart from what I remember and then tried to sell it. No idea what happened to it though

I must admit but I hate that to some degree. I don't really see the point in buying something that you like the look of, then pulling it apart. Why even buy it in the first place.

I know it's the buyers perogative to do what you like with your purchases, but you obviously brought it due to how it looks asthetically to start with. Probably more people more interested in making money.

Yeah pretty sure thats the one from memory. Did I ever tell you how much I hated you Abz? :D

:D

I put Abz onto that one, guy was an Airbus pilot had imported it personally, paint need a good going over and the tyre side walls were perished and I was watching the pennies back then so couldn't stretch to the price plus minor tlc it needed straight away....silly looking back but happy Abz got it :-)

An I am forever grateful :)

Yep, the paint was terrible where it sat outside and all the tyres were shot, cost quite a bit to get it looking good again but it did turn out to be a fantastic car. I wasn't in even in the market for a Supra when he popped up but I couldn't let it go away and the wife agreed too!

Looks nice.

I can't believe in that link Dean got a TT6 for under 4k..... The price change over the year has been unreal.

I remember JamieP's Black beast was circa £6k, and that was a beautiful car.

Sadly, that many are broken, and others shipped to mainland Europe, that so few bargains crop up now. In fact, although there has always been demand for 6 speeds, the numbers in the UK seem to be dwindling.

I was also gutted when DanDans sold, as it was such a bargain. Very few cars have as much thought put into the setup as that one. I really regret not buying it.

mwilkinson has his car now, it's just down the road and is being looked after........everyone sells one day, so you never know!

I bought the above car (1998 VVTi 6 speed with a T04Z and only 13k miles) but sadly it was sold in Japan while the payment was being processed so it never came to be.

I'm not too upset though as I'm very happy with the car I have now instead (1997 VVTi 6 speed with a T88-34D, CCW Classics etc. etc.). :)

Here's what got me onto Supra's

http://www.smartplus.hk/eBay/Anson/Supra_TRD1.jpg

Here's what I wanted

http://image.modified.com/f/30433761/modp_0904_12_o+new_castrol_syntec_top_car_challenge_contest+toyota_supra.jpg

Heres the one I nearly bought , I didnt have a clue about Supra's ; it was a T51R :) JSPEC brakes though !! This car just didnt feel right, no unique selling point, exterior just put me off

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1996-toyota-supra-rz-t51r-6-speed-manual/

Another on I was looking at , the Nos and the two ECU's put me off it; just didn't feel right

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1996-toyota-supra-twin-turbo-nos-equipped-6-speed-manual/

Can't say I ever had one getaway, I saw the TT6 Deep Jewel Green Supra on Jurgen's JM Import page on Facebook. I knew I wanted it and someone else would snap it up before me if I wasn't careful.

So I made contact with Jurgen and put a deposit down on it the very next day :D :)

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/DavyT/My%20Green%20TT6%20Supra/ED42E926-6F05-4973-AA80-3F06795E80CB.jpg

You snooze, you lose buddy!! :p :p :p :p