The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What have you done to your Supra today..?

MRX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a beauty mate! When the beast making an appearance to Bluewater meet again? Be good to catch up :)

Thanks mate. I will try to make it along soon, been so busy over the past 5 months with work or things I need to be at. Yea it would be good to catch up with yourself and your old man :thumbs:

Today I discovered my crank pulley $#@! itself.

I know the feeling, that was something else I noticed this weekend. The non-genuine pulley I got from Whiffin has started to separate again, 2nd one now. Going to get a genuine one next or an ATI pulley.

fixed my head lights, took me over an hour to work out that the connector was the wrong way in and that was with help too! LOL

I also resolved the issue with my front LED indictors not working, they werent wired properly

Ill be updating my build thread soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Been a while since I did much worthy of a mention, but been a bit busy this weekend...

First up, brand new battery, only to realise that Jap batteries have smaller terminals than UK ones so had to replace both terminal connectors as well.

Next up was a sub build. The audio has always lacked decent bass so decided to put in a couple of 8" Kicker subs, I had an amp from an old car so decided to use that. I'm not after an award winning quality setup or deafening volume, just some lower frequencies that my speakers seem to lack, whilst retaining use of some boot space.

I had planned to build a proper sealed box but my bro with the decent tools phoned up sick, and knowing the chances of getting decent straight edges with a shitty old jigsaw were slim, I changed my plan. The subs can be used as free air, so decided to build a pretty tight shelf to place them in and close any gaps where possible.

Remove rear strut brace

Bit of a mock up for angles

Stock sub removed by 4 bolts

Using sub bolt holes to create mounting plate

Base for sub shelf

Used carboard to create a template

Inserted a rear panel for strength

Shelf in place

Lob on some carpet from carpetright, 2.99 sqr meter. Its pretty hard wearing and flimsy so moulds to the curves of the arches quite well.

Cut holes, mount subs, amp and drink coffee

Still yet to do the actual wiring / testing, but pretty pleased with the look so far. Going down the free air route may be a mistake, and if it turns out to sound crap I have a load of MDF left over to build another.... fingers crossed!