j_jza80

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate :)

Would you say they bulge a little? How does it feel on the road?

There's a slight bulge at the lower end of the tyre but that aids the grip and allows a bit more compliance. This is on 19s though, on 18s I doubt there would be any noticeable bulge, again it should aid compliance.

I can't really comment on how it feels on the road at the moment, it goes well and holds fine but the alignment hasn't been touched and I just threw on all new adjusters so I haven't driven it in anger properly yet :)

Will be good to see the dyno on this turbo to seecwhat it spools like as have been looking to change my t67 for a faster spool being auto like your self and was lookinv at this turbo over the 82, being a 58mm turbo with a larger turbine should sed a street modter with super fast spool and a top end to match thecsupra auto box !!!!

I watch closely for results :)

18" makes a massive difference to the over/under stretch/bulge. 17s would allow even more flexibility. 285s will be absolutley fine on 9.5s, as 255-275 will. There will be an optimum but the wider the track the more straight line grip available.

The thing is, I don't want to change wheels. I love the BBS RGR's on the car, and I've never seen a set come up for sale in 17". And because I had the rear arches rolled, and the sensible offset of the wheels, I should have plenty of room for any sidewall bulge :)

As well as improving grip, going up from a 35 to a 45 section tyre on the rear should improve the ride too (not that it's bad at the moment). Might be worth trying a used set first, just to make sure it doesn't make the rear end feel too wobbly :D

I would be cautious about reaching up to 45%, I think that might be a touch too far but part worns would be a great indicator of that. You could quite happily get a set of 45% part worns and then 40% part worns and see what the difference was. If you weren't happy then drop down to the 275s. IMO 285 with a 40 profile would be the ideal compromise between comfort & handling.

Some more photos have come through :)

I assume this is one of the smallest single turbos on the forum :) Also remember that, while some bits have been powedercoated, this has been done with a view to keep them looking presentable and keep corrosion at bay. This isn't, and won't be a show car, so there'll be no wire tucking, hiding pipes/lines etc :) Everything is being done with ease of maintenance as a priority, while still looking presentable.

There'll be some custom heat shielding and turbo bracing in the works after I get the car back too.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

As above :) It's rated to 600hp max, but to be honest I'm not interested in numbers, just how it drives. I should think it will be the fastest spooling Supra on the forum, or certainly not far off.

Those 6266 Gen2 DBBs are bloody quick to spool ;)

Though, in saying that, as well as considering one for myself, the GTX3582R is also on the potential list. So I'll be curious to see what sort of results you are getting. That'll maybe help me decide :)

Everything is looking great under there though!

Those 6266 Gen2 DBBs are bloody quick to spool ;)

Though, in saying that, as well as considering one for myself, the GTX3582R is also on the potential list. So I'll be curious to see what sort of results you are getting. That'll maybe help me decide :)

I didn't see the point in going for the 6266 Gen 2 or the GTX3582R, as both are capable of far more than my gearbox will take, and my licence will survive :D Both look like great turbos though. Spool wise, I should think think the 6266 would be disadvantaged against my 3576, as it's physically a much bigger compressor. :) Both are broadly equivalent technology wise, with billet wheels, DBB etc. Though the GTX is watercooled, and the Precision air cooled.