The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's good for insurance at the moment

Branners

Hi folks,

My supra is back from the body shop, but while it was away the insurance lapsed.

So I need to call round the insurance companies and find a good price.

Obviously there is Sky, who else is worth a go at the moment? The car is modified but only with wheels, straight through exhaust, bodykit and suspension.

Whos good at the moment?

I am on limited mileage of 5k with LWIB all mods declared agreed value and pay just over £300 a year

certainly worth a call now you are out of insurance with SKY

They can't quote against Sky because the Underwriter won't allow it, guess Sky got annoyed with being under cut possibly lol

Competition Car Insurance was by far the cheapest for me too, very polite and helpful on the phone too.

I didn't go with them purely because I need 3rd party to drive other cars but they were VERY cheap & 5 free track day covers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a quote from Flux for £720!

£4300 agreed value, 2 years NCB, 25 years old, 5k limit (classic policy)

Well happy!

Sky couldn't even quote me as I didnt have 1 year's experience with a RWD car! Bit silly considering they are the club insurer, never heard of someone's first RWD being a Supra before?? lol

Ryan from Sky was very polite on the phone though and even wished me happy birthday for last week which softened the blow :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...