The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suzi - My 97 TT6 Import

JayJay1374

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well picked this box of goodies up today.

Fresh from the powdercoaters, boost pipes, strut brace feet, billet engine cover, spoiler legs, windscreen wipers and air filter heat shield.

Fitted a set of turbo link pipes as mine where pretty shot.

Also got my HKS RS intake pipe fitted.

And finally. The big wing is back on! Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Jobs for tomorrow are:

Fit a few more jubilee clips on the intake.

Fit rear number plate.

Fit rear seat

Clean out all tools and crap then go for a drive!

• 1 month later...

Did a couple of little jobs yesterday.

Replaced my lower dash panel for a one with no broken clips. On inspection when removed the original one from the car had an obd2 port, but wasn't connected to anything, rather strange.

Also my new leather gear knob turned up from shawn preece, I couldn't believe the weight difference. The leather one is weighted compared to the cheap jspec. Makes shifting gear feel a lot nicer.

Also fitted my powder coated wiper arms and new aero blades. What a difference!

Before.

After

• 1 month later...

A few new updates.

My painter in the unit next door started doing hydro dipping and offered to do a few parts for cost price as testers for him.

So I got door handles and fuse box covers done. I have a few more bits id like done, just need to find the time lol.

I've also started polishing parts of the engine, and it's the worst thing I've ever done. Sanded the inlet smooth and have gone from this

To this.

I know it's a crap picture but you get the idea.

Currently on with the spare turbo pipes.

Also had myself an aircon delete bracket out of a spare pump.

I also have a set of cam covers, upper water neck, throttle body and pas res waiting to be polished when I can be bothered.

Ive also eventually sorted my wanting all over the road issue. Turns out it was my rear tyres. The previous tyres where a hard compound an have since been replaced by hankook v12s to match the fronts. A softer compound tyre, the car now drives straight and true.

Last weekend the car went for a trip to JM imports to get its first underseal and diagnos an oil leak.

Anyway came away being told I have a power steering leak from the pump to the cooler and a couple oil leaks. Front crankshaft oil seal and rear. So I've ordered a Chris Wilson high tensile front seal, replacement rear, v160 rear seal, v160 selector seal. Since the box will have to come off it might aswell get some tlc.

The car is currently booked to see hodge at sba tuning on Friday for a battery to boot fit, boost controller fit and front oil seal fit.

- - - Updated - - -

The ODB2 port means that the old panel was from a facelift car.

The car is facelift. Just strange how nothing was actually connected to it.