Suzi - My 97 TT6 Import

JayJay1374

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

A couple weeks ago I bought some uk spec wheels. They are desperate for a refurb. And I'm desperate to test out my new sand blaster. So today I had a go at the fronts.

So from this.

To this.

And in primer.

Very happy with the sand blaster. Took no effort to blast though the paint and all corrosion.

Mint progress mate just read through it! Wish I was knowledgeable enough to take an engine apart like!

Ive got some stock wheels sitting there too im tempted to stick them back on after just buying some brand new rota's!

Thanks mate. I couldn't of done it without my dad helping. But I'm planning on rebuilding his van engine soon. I'm only using the oem wheels as a temperary measure but I've always wanted a set. I need to find some facelift centre caps as they are much better.

Yeah it's great having the space to do these things. Gonna start renting the ramp out soon too.

I wasn't too sure about the wing at first. It looked rubbish as the legs where corroded silver, the feet where silver and the blade needed relaquring. But after a bit of paint it looked loads better. And when the trial rear went on that just changed the whole back end! Everyone needs a big gay wing!

• 2 weeks later...

Well originally they where meant to be winter wheels. Then I decided to have a play with the new sand blaster. So these will be winter/track wheels. As I plan on doing atleast one track day next year. And I'd rather not be running spacers when on track. Plus I've always wanted a set of oem 17s