The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suzi - My 97 TT6 Import

JayJay1374

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, does the hydro dipping look good in the flesh... Does he want to do some more testers for cost :-).

Looks better in person Ross. I doubt he does lol

- - - Updated - - -

Think I remember this being for sale, nice car :)

From before I bought it? I've had it 2 years now. Cheers though :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

The supras now back from sba tuning. Whilst hodge was on changing the front crank shaft oil seal he found my crank pulley was knackered. Ordered a new one from tcb parts and the service was brilliant. Next day delivery.

Anyway hodge did the crank seal and pulley, battery to boot, boost controller, aircon delete and a partial wire tuck.

The car drives amazing now. Pulls so hard constantly. 1.2 bar every time.

Hodge even said its one of, if not the best bpu supra he's driven.

Unfortunately my front bumpers eventually split

Gonna give plastic welding a go on Tuesday.

Mots due very soon so I have a few little bits to do including the heckler fog mod.

Edited by JayJay1374 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So safc_dixon arranged a rolling road day for yesterday. With all northeast cars giving good power. Last time I was on the dyno it ran 368.9 @ roughly 1 bar. Since then the cars had new plugs, 12v fuel pump mod, air con delete , greddy profec boost controller and some SBA Tuning magic.

The graph :cool:

Very happy! 421.1 @1.3 bar

Now earlier in the week I decided to polish my hks rs intake and power steering res. whilst the induction kit was off I decided to clean the airfilter. Which after removing decided to fall apart. Got quite lucky there! And lucky I managed to source a new replacement on eBay which someone had bought and never fitted.

Update.

Found of the last polishable things in the engine bay and polished it. Even though you can barely see it :lol:

Also sold the HKS RS induction setup as I wasn't keen on the way it hits the chassis. Just replaced with the stock intake pipe and blitz filter for now. But selling it freed up some money for some plastic oem skirts :D

Over the weekend I attended summermaddness at York raceway and ran the supra down the strip. My best was a 13.0 quarter mile, abit gutted I couldn't get into the 12s, probably down to the silly big wing! Also ran 2 13.2 seconds and a 13.6