Kendo's Ridox Rep

Kendo11

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of small updates.

Sold the Dare wheels I had on the care and got hold of some 19" black wheels with a nice big dish. For some reason I've not taken any snaps of them on the car yet but they are these here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321791116946?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321791116946%26_rdc%3D1

They were on a Qashquai but weirdly enough they are exactly the right fitment and offset. Very happy!

Next.

As per previous posts I stripped the naff carbon effect overlay off, stripped the rubber coating down, and have now wrapped and fitted my dash in a gloss black.

This is a temporary measure as I'm getting it all retrimmed in Alcantara later in the year, but it is at least all back in place now.

Shopping around for a new head unit soon too, as well as gear gaitor and handbrake surround which will also be done when I get it all trimmed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202992&stc=1&d=1436632727

Thanks to Justin Bieber (no, not that one) for the rubber handbrake base surround part.

IMAG1617.jpg

Lastly for this weekend, I moved on a bit with my rear seat delete.

These tend to split opinions but I have never and will never use them. The car isn't for giving people lifts and the rear seats are too small to be useful.

So I've removed them and spent this weekend making up and fitting a delete thing.

I need to finish this next weekend by putting in some storage netting or something similar, and tidying up the bottom bit where it meets the existing carpet, as well as where it meets the boot carpet.

I will then be getting the entire thing dyed again so it is all the same colour.

Bear in mind - this cost me about £10 to do!

Interior trim removed and an old sheet of 3.5mm ply I had laying around. Roughly cut to fit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202993&stc=1&d=1436632977

Carpet spray adhesive and double sided tape:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202994&stc=1&d=1436632977

Acoustic carpet from ebay, about £5 for a 1.5x1.5 bit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202996&stc=1&d=1436632977

Slowly getting there, will tidy it up and finish it off over the coming weeks to make it a space I can properly utilise:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202995&stc=1&d=14366329770

IMAG1614.jpg

IMAG1615.jpg

IMAG1618.jpg

IMAG1616.jpg

Edited by Kendo11 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah so anyway, cars and stuff.

Got a little bit more done recently as I found some motivation from somewhere.

Rear seat delete is now all but finished.

I'll be getting the carpets dyed to match in again.

I'll also be picking up an atlas, a first aid kit, just little nick nacks for driving round.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204881&stc=1&d=1441738437

attachment.php?attachmentid=204882&stc=1&d=1441738492

IMAG1711.jpg

IMAG1713.jpg

IMAG1699.jpg

Just read this thread from start to finish. Wow Kendo. Your Supe has undergone many different styles. Fair play for experimenting and I think you've taken the car in the best direction for sure. Looking forward to seeing the next 'look'. :D

Thanks mate, yeah hopefully it's now heading in the right direction.

Few hiccups along the way!

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of updates.

Got some SRD speaker brackets from Keron, fitted & ready for when I get around to deciding on an ICE setup.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205115&stc=1&d=1442769888

Got my dash panels flocked by a company in Scunthorpe called 'Flock-Me' (on Facebook), £100 for the lot (inc postage back to me). Very good quality work and infinitely better than the old carbon effect overlay the dash had.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205116&stc=1&d=1442769888

attachment.php?attachmentid=205117&stc=1&d=1442769888

Got some more work done in preparation for the rest of the wrap. Removed the aerial and got the hole prepped for filling & smoothing and a few other dings and holes here and there filled in, as well as some general rust treatment on screw holes and stuff.

Sold the oem cloth seats too and have some brackets from John on here in the post, for when I get my new seats.

Once I get some new seats the interior will be 95% done - just want to get some chrome rings from Noz when funds alloy and fit the new gaitors when they get here.

Also got a TRD Spoiler (rep) from Aliexpress, good fitment and much cheaper than they are over here.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205119&stc=1&d=1442769888

IMAG1716.jpg

IMAG1739.jpg

IMAG1744.jpg

IMAG1752.jpg

IMAG1721.jpg

• 2 months later...

Got a bit more done this weekend.

Finished fitting the RX8 seats, not an easy job and do not want to do this again haha.

Going to use these as a temporary upgrade I think as fitment isn't absolutely perfect but they are very comfortable and a definite upgrade on the stock cloth ones. Just need to get the rotary bit painted black.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206946&stc=1&d=1448268579

attachment.php?attachmentid=206948&stc=1&d=1448268579

Also fitted a new indicator relay in preparation for my LEDs getting finished and fitted, if anyone has been in this fuse box it's bloody horrible to get to.

Speaking of the LEDs I got the rears properly crimped up. They are 99% finished now aside from the external rubber trims.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206947&stc=1&d=1448268579

More pics on them once they're fitted.

List of things still to do/get/fit;

- Wrap

- Dash rings

- LED headlight rings

- Idler pulley & all new engine pulleys

- Speakers & stereo

- Tidy engine bay up - wires, new induction kit, paint/polish engine, new battery connectors

- Sort out alarm system as it's been playing up

- Get new rear plate made as existing is cracked

- Get other dash parts flocked; glove box lids etc

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Edited by Kendo11 (see edit history)

I'm liking those seats mate, my stock leathers need retrrimming and the driver seat has stopped working so maybe need an upgrade. Very keen to do my LED conversion on the rears but I need to mock up some bits though.

Thanks mate, horrible job to fit though.

I'm considering s2000 ones for next year, they're very easy to fit apparently.

have you limited the voltage / current through the LEDs for the tail lights ? If not you will need to do this otherwise in my opinion they will be too bright and negate the effect of the brake lights.

feel free to PM me with any questions.

No but the entire units will be darkened by tinting and the actual brake lights have extra smaller rings in them to make them stand out much more than the others.

Good progress on this dude, starting to really take shape. That red - kandy apple red? Its the colour ive always wanted to paint mine, one day *dreams*. Howcomes you decided to flock the dash? The black wrap looked awesome and it looked like you did a pukka job on it too. Also like the idea of covering the inside of the glovebox - i might flock that :D