The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kendo's Ridox Rep

Kendo11

Next up I sold my Advan AVS wheels and bought some Dare RS deep dish false splits.

These are obviously budget wheels, but I basically got them to test out the deep dish look before investing more into it. A friend has some Manarays for sale that I think I'm going to go for.

So, the new wheels;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193601&stc=1&d=1414946004

attachment.php?attachmentid=193600&stc=1&d=1414946004

attachment.php?attachmentid=193602&stc=1&d=1414946004

IMAG1105 (1).jpg

IMAG1102.jpg

IMAG1105.jpg

IMAG1120.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next up I received some absolutely mint genuine OEM pre-facelift rear spats, in the correct colour too.

So I set about getting them fitted.

Used a combination of wooden bars, high strength double sided tape and some adhesive.

These look so much better, really happy;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193603&stc=1&d=1414946222

attachment.php?attachmentid=193604&stc=1&d=1414946222

attachment.php?attachmentid=193605&stc=1&d=1414946222

- - - Updated - - -

Next up I received some absolutely mint genuine OEM pre-facelift rear spats, in the correct colour too.

So I set about getting them fitted.

Used a combination of wooden bars, high strength double sided tape and some adhesive.

These look so much better, really happy;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193603&stc=1&d=1414946222

attachment.php?attachmentid=193604&stc=1&d=1414946222

attachment.php?attachmentid=193605&stc=1&d=1414946222

IMAG1125.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

Lastly for this weekend, I've not had front indicators since I got the new bumper (dangerous and illegal) and have been toying with various things to do.

I could have mounted stock ones but that more than likely will have meant drilling into the bumper which I don't want to do, or possibly doing the modification whereby the indicator is fitted in the sidelight.

In the end, I decided to go for some aftermarket DRLs.

These not only bring the look of the car a little more up to date, but also provide better lighting than the stock sidelights, and also function as indicators.

Very very easy job to do, and very happy with the results;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193607&stc=1&d=1414946514

attachment.php?attachmentid=193606&stc=1&d=1414946514

attachment.php?attachmentid=193608&stc=1&d=1414946514

IMAG1145.jpg

IMAG1146.jpg

IMAG1147.jpg

For a final update for this evening, I attended another local meet for car enthusiasts. In attendance were some lovely Jap motors, Aston, Cerbera, Maserati, and some tall bloke in a GTR...

I had two photographers ask me to pull out into the middle of the pack for some decent shots, which tells me I must be going in the right direction with it.

4 of the best ones for your enjoyment;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193609&stc=1&d=1414946815

attachment.php?attachmentid=193610&stc=1&d=1414946815

attachment.php?attachmentid=193611&stc=1&d=1414946815

attachment.php?attachmentid=193612&stc=1&d=1414946815

No to do list update today until I work through it myself!

I have a fan shroud to fit though and so that will more than likely be next.

Comments etc all welcome, I don't bite.

received_742214295844008.jpeg.jpg

IMG_12186656423511.jpeg

IMG_149278497611251.jpeg

received_742214279177343.jpeg.jpg

received_742214309177340.jpeg.jpg

I do love the spoiler to be honest, knew it'd be a marmite thing though!

I'm looking at some different skirts for my next to do thing, hopefully oem or something a little less flashy.

The wheels I've been looking at are as attached, think they'll suit?

Really want some glass headlights too but so expensive :(

uploadfromtaptalk1414955717971.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Onto the next little job I did the other night.

One thing that's always irritated me is the way that my belongings (shades/stereo/medicines etc) that I keep in the glove boxes rattle about because of the plastic innards. So to tackle this I got some acoustic carpet from eBay and some sticky backed Velcro tape (makes it non permanent) and set to work.

Removed - very easy, just a few screws:

attachment.php?attachmentid=194082&stc=1&d=1416158748

Tracing paper to make it accurate:

attachment.php?attachmentid=194083&stc=1&d=1416158748

Starting to fit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=194084&stc=1&d=1416158748

Test fit prior to tidying up:

attachment.php?attachmentid=194085&stc=1&d=1416158748

Both done and refitted (have re-positioned the fabric since):

attachment.php?attachmentid=194086&stc=1&d=1416158748

Small and inexpensive job done just to make the driving experience a little bit more pleasant :)

IMAG1155.jpg

IMAG1159.jpg

IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1172.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Next job started, removed all of the fake carbon effect overlay from my dash. Tough job as it was stuck pretty fast but managed to get it all off without damaging the original parts.

I will be rubbing them down and repainting at some point, including the lighter silver gear surround and the top dash section.

Not going to go completely black and not overly light either, so I think it'll be a gunmetal or anthracite look.

attachment.php?attachmentid=194662&stc=1&d=1417469233

attachment.php?attachmentid=194663&stc=1&d=1417469233

Got myself a half decent car cover too as I'm now cycling Monday to Friday due to a promotion and relocation - saving a fortune on petrol bills!

attachment.php?attachmentid=194664&stc=1&d=1417469233

Also got myself some resistors from eBay for my new DRLs, which have been flashing too fast.

attachment.php?attachmentid=194665&stc=1&d=1417469233

Will soon slowly start collecting parts over winter too for a whole new look for next season.

Updates to follow as bits arrive :)

IMAG1180.jpg

IMAG1194.jpg

IMAG1198.jpg

IMAG1199.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Not updated this for a while but thought it best to make a little list here, even to keep me on track with what I'm buying and selling!

- Bootlid and spoiler to be changed for TRD wing and stock bootlid

- Front bumper to be changed for stock front with lip, or Ridox front (undecided)

- Spats to be removed

- Rear bumper to be removed and replaced with a Trial Rear

- Sideskirts to be removed and changed preferably for stock

- Interior to be finished; back seats to be removed and what's left will be carpeted

- Dash to be modernised with some chrome rings and knobs, as well as the dash getting painted

- Engine bay to be tidied up; red paint removed and what's left either painted a more tasteful colour or mirror polished

- New wheels and lowering springs/coilovers

- Full respray if finances allow

All of that should hopefully keep me busy over the coming months in time for the summer show season.

I've got around 4 types I'm trying to decide between at the moment mate, I've got someone doing some photoshops of them at the moment and I'll do a little poll on fb when I see the pictures.

The wheels won't be anything too 'out there', but should hopefully finish off the look.

I do like the front bumper I just think with all of the other changes I'm planning I'm just not sure it'll suit.

Nice plans I personally like the spoiler you have on and think it would go nicely with what you have planned for the car. If I was you I would go with a stock front and lip over a ridox bumper, it will be a lot more forgiving with speed bumps plus I think a ridox bumper only goes with a fully kitted ridox car.

As for the wheels I think they'll be a massive improvement on the ones you have on at the moment plus they have a nice dish too. Also if your painting the dash I would go with a matt black or as close to stock as possible, I've always found painted dash's to look quite tacky. But each to their own, at the end of the day it's your car and you should go with whatever pleases you :)

I am totally torn over the spoiler, I like it too but I miss a big daft wing haha.

Are the ridox fronts much lower then?

I was thinking just a few shades lighter than stock for the dash, not enough to be in your face but to be a little different.

Maybe gunmetal?

• 3 weeks later...

Been cracking on with my to do list when I've had spare time, on the weekends when it's still light.

Not using the car at all now as I'm cycling to work so not rushing with things.

So far I've removed and sold the Veilside skirts and OEM rear spats, both genuine items but not what I want for the look.

Received a nice package from driftbear of some Bomex skirts that I'll be fitting and possibly modifying slightly, updates to come soon.

Also fitted my new rear discs and pads (just needs a bleed this weekend) which became infinitely more complicated due to me winding the handbrake adjuster all the way off! So had to remove the handbrake shoes (took the opportunity to clean them up) and refit.

I'm also at the start of modifying the interior, I've got a great price from a local car upholsterer to dye the carpet black, and I've also fully removed the rear seats. So far I've laid a few acoustic matting patches and will be finishing this off in the coming weeks.

Bumper, spoiler, wheels, diffuser, bootlid are all in progress.

Pics in next post.