The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kendo's Ridox Rep

Kendo11

Continuing the DIY repairs I am undertaking, I carried on with the spats last night and tonight.

The fibreglass set very well as always, I used much less than when I repaired the front lip (see previous posts) but it still set brilliantly.

I got them to a nice smooth primed finished but ended up swapping for some Veilside spats so as to match the skirts, as per the next post.

Edited by Kendo11 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas - no updates for absolutely ages.

Had a potentially serious coolant issue but that was sorted, which also gave me a good reason to fit shiny new Iridium plugs. Details on my 'accident' here; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307918-Have-I-killed-it

Have also went through three power steering pumps in under 2 months. Bought a dodgy one from a member that was apparently fine, then ended up refitting mine that was also screwed. Finally sourced a good one and thanks to Swampy got it all sorted!

So, no really major updates due to the problems I've had.

However I did swap the Top Secret (replica) spats I had started to work on with some genuine Veilside ones from another member.

Reason - the VS overfenders I want to fit and got from Al Massey need the VS spats in order to look correct.

So I got these on a straight swap deal and set to work;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193574&stc=1&d=1414940253

Filled, fibreglassed, sanded, and primed! Ready for painting;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193575&stc=1&d=1414940253

No other updates but lots of pictures in the next post from a local car club meet in Lincolnshire...

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0718.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No updates again for a while, but just an update on what I've been doing.

Got some upgraded discs and set about fitting them last weekend.

Unfortunately where the bleed screw goes back into the caliper, I think I overtightened it and broke a corner of the caliper off.

Fail.

So it's been off the road all week and I've taken up cycling again, something I've not done for a while!

Few explanatory pictures;

Starting off well;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193579&stc=1&d=1414940705

Decent wire brushing to the hub to remove residue;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193580&stc=1&d=1414940705

Iffy problem with pistons;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193581&stc=1&d=1414940705

BOOM, that is the bleed screw, removed, with half of the corner of the caliper also removed;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193582&stc=1&d=1414940705

Not good.

I have today got the other side done though, and it only took about 20 minutes.

Very easy job, and looks much more up to date;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193583&stc=1&d=1414940705

Also decided to remove the rear spoiler, not filled it yet as still undecided what look to go for.

IMAG0750.jpg

IMAG0752.jpg

IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

Collected a new front bumper from member supra_ufo on Saturday (top guy) and have spent almost all the past 24 hours getting it primed and prepped for a paint shop.

Also finished prepping the rear spats.

Debadged the rear and also finished removing the rear spoiler and filling the holes, and got rid of the fly eye wrap on the rear lights.

attachment.php?attachmentid=188795&stc=1&d=1405867580

attachment.php?attachmentid=188796&stc=1&d=1405867592

attachment.php?attachmentid=188794&stc=1&d=1405867565

attachment.php?attachmentid=188797&stc=1&d=1405867612

It's off to a paintshop tomorrow for the week to be finished, I'll see it briefly mid week when I go to drop off a new drivers side caliper but other than that the next time I'll see it is next Saturday, then on Sunday it's an exhibit at a local car show in the middle of Lincoln. Can't wait!

uploadfromtaptalk1405867563702.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405867579495.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405867590707.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405867610785.jpg

Evening all.

With the help of a couple of members sending me calipers, and the bumper I collected from Supra_Ufo, and finally some serious elbow grease I managed to get my car fully prepped for a show on the waterfront of Lincoln today.

I will add pics of the day and the other cars in a separate thread but for now here's just a few of mine including recent work I've done.

- I removed my rear spoiler and got that filled and sprayed.

- Debadged the rear and did the same with that.

- Fitted the bumper after that was sprayed, I'm really really happy with it!

- Fitted VS rear spats, not so happy with how these turned out so will be looking into doing something different in the future.

- A little colour for the engine bay.

- Calipers all painted black.

- Toyota anti-vandal valve caps as kids kept stealing mine.

- A bloody good clean!

Assorted pictures;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193586&stc=1&d=1414944482

attachment.php?attachmentid=193585&stc=1&d=1414944482

attachment.php?attachmentid=193584&stc=1&d=1414944482

attachment.php?attachmentid=193587&stc=1&d=1414944482

IMAG0859.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

I meant your shoes, not the car's......LOL:d

Haha! Can't beat a pair of plimmers!

good old lincoln, i spent 6 years there.... moving bk soon i think...... i prefer the other front bumper :)

changing the skirts?

Lovely place mate.

No not the skirts, just the rear spats I THINK.

To be honest I have some Veilside overfenders to fit which need the VS spats and skirts to make them fit correctly, but I just can not decide what to do.

I'm happy with the front for now, but just can't decide what to do with the rest of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]189012[/ATTACH]

Hey don't forget an arial view ;)

Seen ya motor and was miring just as I left for the pub ;)

It was a good show with some beauty's but no countach but loved the AC cobra and the GTR R34 wasn't too shabby either :)

Good picture mate, should have said hello!

The Cobra was one of my favourites definitely.

• 1 month later...

Evening all,

I was a guinea pig for a local aspiring car photographer recently, so got some decent shots of my Supra done near the Cathedral quarter in Lincoln for his portfolio.

Extremely happy particularly seeing as these were mostly practice shots.

If anyone in the local area needs any shots doing I can put you in touch with him via Facebook.

These are just 2 of a set of about 20 as unfortunately the rest I haven't uploaded yet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193589&stc=1&d=1414944798

attachment.php?attachmentid=193588&stc=1&d=1414944798

IMG_37229889696176.jpeg

IMG_37137935446225.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it might be prudent to start a to-do list so I can sort my long term aims out for the car and keep myself on track.

Had a coolant change today and new window regulator fitted so there is nothing I need to do as such.

To Do List

Brakes - every time I depress the brakes I can hear metal clanging against metal, I have replaced the discs for drilled/grooved ones but not replaced the stock pads so will be getting an upgrade for these to see if that sorts it.

Front Indicators - these are currently loose and hanging down behind the bumper, obviously an MOT failure. Toying with the idea of using LED strips ala Ibrar or putting them into the headlights as per one or two guides on here.

Spats - OEM spats arrived today so they will be the next job. As per the above pictures the VS ones I have fitted are screwed on, poorly fitted, and have an iffy colour match.

Spoiler - I desperately want an Explosion or AbFlug rear spoiler, so that's high on the list too.

Rear Lights - toying with the idea of splitting some rear lights and doing some carbon effects on the innards.

Suspension - it's sitting quite nicely at the moment but is clearly stock, so will be getting some lowering springs at some point and coilovers in the future.

Sideskirts - sometimes I love the VS ones, sometimes I don't. So I need to make a decision on these.

Interior - still have cloth front seats, I have upgraded the gaitors and the dash is stunning, but I need to do something with the seats. Also doing a rear seat delete as they are pointless and whilst I won't be making some big ass sub install I will be doing something hopefully classy, like a luggage storage area or something. Undecided yet.

Power - yes it's an NA. Yes I am perfectly happy with it as it is. I will be installing a new manifold at some point and possibly better cold air feed but nothing major.

Piccies - need to sit down and get them all hosted on here!

Nice car mate! :)

I did re-trim front seats with OEM-quality leather (there was a group buy thread in somewhere in this forum from ebay supplier exoticleather or something like that) and it did make a big difference! Good quality stuff and looks of the interior is much more high class.

And you are not only one who is very happy about performance of the n/a 5spd :)

Nice car mate! :)

I did re-trim front seats with OEM-quality leather (there was a group buy thread in somewhere in this forum from ebay supplier exoticleather or something like that) and it did make a big difference! Good quality stuff and looks of the interior is much more high class.

And you are not only one who is very happy about performance of the n/a 5spd :)

Thanks mate, I got some new gear and handbrake cloth surrounds today so will be fitting them soon then definitely onto the seats.

Few updates for today and a teaser before the sprayshop on Friday.

Fitted a metal clockface, as a tester to be honest as I'm toying with the idea of putting in metal clock surrounds etc and removing the carbon dash;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193590&stc=1&d=1414945136

Also fitted an alcantara gear gaitor and handbrake surround, again slowly edging towards a classier simpler look for the interior;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193591&stc=1&d=1414945136

So, boot removed ready for fitting of new one I received from kayjay yesterday evening, managed to remove mine relatively easily;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193592&stc=1&d=1414945136

Although I did nearly lose my head and a few fingers.

Surface protector at the ready to mount the new one;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193593&stc=1&d=1414945136

Got it done in the end, looking forward to getting it sprayed on Friday at which point I'll stick some more pictures up.

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1056 (1).jpg

IMAG1057.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, as I hinted in the last post from a while back, I got a bootlid and bonded explosion spoiler from Kayjay that I fitted myself (good job I had my weetabix as with the spoiler bonded on it weighs a ton) and it went in to be sprayed.

I have read on here a while back that these are not to everyone's taste - which is strange considering the current love for low level ones, but regardless I absolutely love it. I think the stock spoiler is maybe too much, and no spoiler maybe too little.

Couple of pictures;

attachment.php?attachmentid=193594&stc=1&d=1414945614

attachment.php?attachmentid=193595&stc=1&d=1414945614

IMAG1098 (1).jpg

IMAG1099 (1).jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

received_742214269177344.jpeg.jpg

IMG_149278497611251.jpeg