The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range Rover restoration

Dnk

Looking lovely, full credit to a top restoration. Should have added some underneath shots also seeing thats all been catered to as well as the top has.

I've just bought a L322 as a second towing car that I'm picking up this weekend. That'll probably mean I stop stock piling Supra parts and instead get to know all the LR parts people by their first names.

Looking lovely, full credit to a top restoration. Should have added some underneath shots also seeing thats all been catered to as well as the top has.

I've just bought a L322 as a second towing car that I'm picking up this weekend. That'll probably mean I stop stock piling Supra parts and instead get to know all the LR parts people by their first names.

Thanks, i sent them several other photos so they know whats been done

Good luck with the 322, if its not been done change the atf and filter in the autobox

Dunk, you really have cracked that one mate. It brings back some very fond memories of my Classic (Aspen Silver).

Is it 100% finished now.

Cheers Andrew.

I want to paint both sides and have been trying to find out who made the rubbing strips as i'd like to

replace those at the same time, after a struggle i got to speak to the right person at Land Rover who

say they have plans to re make these parts but wouldn't say when so i'm in limbo on that one.

I also bought a Brooklands body kit but i'm undecided whether i want to fit that or not

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Good luck with the 322, if its not been done change the atf and filter in the autobox

I picked up the 3.6 TDV8 L322 on Sunday. The guy I bought it from is a senior mechanic and used to work for a main dealer. He said he bought it cheaply 4 years ago as a non runner with a hydrauliced engine; on oil following a turbo failure. So its had an engine rebuild and new turbos and erg's fitted. I did ask about the auto box and he said he'd changed the oil and filter flast year and also changed the suspension compressor. So, if he wasn't telling a load of lies just about every common fail factor on a L322 should be catered to. I've ordered supplied of oils for the diffs and transfer box that he said he hadn't done so as soon as they come in I'll be putting it up on the ramp and having a good poke around all the suspension parts and checking the auto box oil level and condition while there.

I think the L322 will become a classic one day as it was the last of the boxy line of cars. The new ones look great today but probably will not age well as they have become styled in a fashionable way. I've joined the RR forum and made my first post there on obtaining a second working key. Tracking down an auto locksmith up for that wasn't easy but finally got to one in Rowley Regis who sorted me out with two new transponder keys and remote fobs for 25% of the cost I was quoted by the local LR dealer. Have to say when you get past the really light steering its by far the most relaxing a comfortable driver I've ever owned and reasonably quick to boot. If the car proves reliable I can see I could become a total Rangey convert.

20180522_105815 (2).jpg

I picked up the 3.6 TDV8 L322 on Sunday. The guy I bought it from is a senior mechanic and used to work for a main dealer. He said he bought it cheaply 4 years ago as a non runner with a hydrauliced engine; on oil following a turbo failure. So its had an engine rebuild and new turbos and erg's fitted. I did ask about the auto box and he said he'd changed the oil and filter flast year and also changed the suspension compressor. So, if he wasn't telling a load of lies just about every common fail factor on a L322 should be catered to. I've ordered supplied of oils for the diffs and transfer box that he said he hadn't done so as soon as they come in I'll be putting it up on the ramp and having a good poke around all the suspension parts and checking the auto box oil level and condition while there.

I think the L322 will become a classic one day as it was the last of the boxy line of cars. The new ones look great today but probably will not age well as they have become styled in a fashionable way. I've joined the RR forum and made my first post there on obtaining a second working key. Tracking down an auto locksmith up for that wasn't easy but finally got to one in Rowley Regis who sorted me out with two new transponder keys and remote fobs for 25% of the cost I was quoted by the local LR dealer. Have to say when you get past the really light steering its by far the most relaxing a comfortable driver I've ever owned and reasonably quick to boot. If the car proves reliable I can see I could become a total Rangey convert.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227256[/ATTACH]

Good news if its had all that done, how many miles has it got on it ?

Going to change the look a tad next week, seeing as its only a tarmac queen i've ordered some new wheels.

It's going onto some 8 x 18 multi spoke's with a much lower profile tyre, still keeps almost the same overall

diameter.

From 235 70 16 to 255 55 18

You'll be stancing it next week with some stretched tyres too Dunk! :D Any pics of the new rims?

Its on air suspension which can be adjusted which i've actually had done to lower the front as it was

sitting too high, i wonder how low it could go :innocent:

The tyre set up is actually over size but apparently what LR use, having seen a wheel yesterday with

the tyre mounted it looks fine.

31886459_1712451715460327_7312007299738894336_n.jpg

Got an SRS warning to sort out, looks like the module has developed

a fault, its bolted underneath the centre console so thats got to come out

tomorrow, i have two spare units to try so fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed the SRS warning, it was a broken circuit in the Rotary coupler, had one in my spares box so cheap fix

Undecided on the wheels and going to see what a silver set look like, just waiting for the tyres

to be fitted

Undecided on the wheels and going to see what a silver set look like, just waiting for the tyres

to be fitted

Maybe this swap wheels app might help. Never tried it but is says upload a pic of your own car then play.

Used a new parts supplier today for Delphi discs and pads for my L322; LRS Offroad. Very helpful on the phone and quickly ordered. Don't know if you've ever used them but seem pretty on the ball with OK prices and I just wanted to avoid Britpart for the brakes even though they are half the price - for a reason.

Thanks for the wheel app but i'll wait to see them on my Range, the restoration garage has

them in stock and are just waiting on tyres so they can fit them to another customers RRC but

are happy to put two on mine so i can make my choice of Black or Silver

I've heard of Delphi but not used their brakes

Well i got nowhere with Land Rover heritage so i'm looking into refurbishing the

rubbing strips myself

I've got one from the restoration company to have a play with and will be seeing

what i can do next week.

My plan is to carefully clamp this down onto a milling machine and run an 8.0 mm

slot drill along its length removing the existing moulding strip which is pitted and

discoloured, i'll need to machine down approx 2.5 mm and out to 10.0 mm

so i can fit the new chrome strip to the rubber section

The existing piece is covered in clear plastic which is also badly discoloured, the new

strip wont have that so i'm intrigued as to how it will look

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

Final photos 8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So all went well and it can be done, machined out the discoloured section and test fitted

the replacement chrome trim.

I then bumped into a mate that does sign printing and vehicle wrapping and he's

wrapped another strip for me, lots less work and looks pretty good.

Last two photos are the wrapped version

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG