The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range Rover restoration

Dnk

Bonnet catch and safety hook are now fitted

Always a good idea, I remember taking an Aristo Vertex for a test drive and the fancy aftermarket bonnet came up and embedded itself in the roof at 50 MPH. He was "going to" fit bonnet pins as there was no provision for a safety hook, and it transpired the stock catch was none too clever either (: Dents in roofs are never easy to make invisible again...

Frames are in and finished, started assembling the door cards in the sunshine today :)

I can't find some screws that hold the map cover pocket to one the door card, god knows what i've

done with them, i've been through every box in the garage but appears i've lost em :(

I've got a spare door card and painted the wood trim black to see what it would look like, opinions please

on whether i leave them wood, go piano black or maybe carbon fibre :blink:

R 003.jpg

R 001.jpg

R 002.jpg

R 006.jpg

R 005.jpg

R 007.jpg

Spent Sunday with my mate giving the paintwork some tlc just to make it

look less nasty till i get it painted.

Also fitted the door cards back on and gave the dash a proper clean with the G101

followed by the Poorboys vinyl dressing.

Quite happy with the results.

R 009.jpg

R 012.jpg

R 013.jpg

R 017.jpg

R 018.jpg

R 019.jpg

R 002.jpg

R 003.jpg

R 004.jpg

R 005.jpg

R 007.jpg

• 7 months later...

Finally got a few miles on it and changed the engine oil today, using Millers 20/50 Mineral oil as recommended by the engine builder.

Have a snagging list of things that don't work though which im less than happy about.

rear heated screen,

rear screen washer jet,

cruise control,

head lamp washer jets,

one half of the heated front screen (poss a fuse as its a dual circuit),

drivers door lock (poss lazy actuator),

several dash lights on the push button switches (poss blown bulbs)

• 4 weeks later...

Working my way through the list of things to fix.

Dash bulbs are getting sorted and was down to blown bulbs in the switches, fiddly

little buggers to get out

The door lock is a tired spring that's going to need the door stripping down to get at it but

have the new spring ready to fit when I get round to it

Also finished Piano blacking the wood trim, very happy with how these have come out, 6 coats of lacquer on them

so have a good deep shine

Will try to get better photos later

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

Piano blacked trim 1.jpg

Piano blacked trim.jpg

Looks great Dunk, hats off

Must be worth a small fortune now? From what I hear these old shape ones are appreciating quite well?

Thanks mate, i hope sometime in the future i'll at least break even if i come to sell :) Same as anything its only

worth what someones prepared to pay.

It'll possibly be in the classic car show auction in a few years once its 100% finished

That looks great Dunk, much more modern:cool:

You happy with it?

Yes Paul, looks way better than the original wood and works well with the outside being Black, will be

fitting the center section today then onto the next thing on my list :)

He will be if it makes £45K in the auction :)

:)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Dash bulbs are all sorted, headlamp washers sorted was a faulty connector at the washer pump, tailgate washer sorted was a simple

blockage in the jet that compressed air dealt with.

Drivers door lock sorted, was a broken spring on the latch, also replaced the window runner

bracket while the door was stripped down. These things rust just about anywhere

Still investigating the cruise control

Rear heated screen is down to the connection to the glass and front heated screen looks like its the element in the glass

so if I want either of those working it looks like new units will be required :(

• 7 months later...

An update on the Range, had a farce trying to get Autoglass to fit a new screen, my

insurance then set me up with Nationwide, much better but still issues with them using

non OE parts.

The new screen has to come out as the insurance has agreed to fit genuine parts now so

just waiting on them to get the replacement trims

Also hunting for a genuine head unit, PU9844A, i found a guy on facebook with 2 of them but he's

been taken ill so i can't exactly pester him to send me one :)

PU9844A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Most impressed, the chap on the RRC face book page has sent me both the head units he has FOC, he even

paid the postage, he said if i can get either of them to work would i make a donation to the Devon air ambulance

I'll see if i can get them plugged in today and see what happens :)

If they don't i've found a place that refurbs them and can add iphone connection etc

http://www.gb4x4radios.com/