The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this the lowest mileage UK Supra Twin Turbo Auto In UK?

Guest JaceyBoy

Really? I thought UKs were generally falling in value unless they were manual conversions.

Surely any car that is kept to a high standard, fsh, and is rare due to mileage and condition will be worth a damn site more that the run of the mill beaters.

With a grotty UK TT Auto going for less than £5K, then £10K is not out of the realms of possibility. With the Eurpoeans looking for Uk spec cars that will push the figures higher. If someone can show me a UK car with lower miles and better condition for less than £10K I will buy it. These do not come up often, especially manuals.

H.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely any car that is kept to a high standard, fsh, and is rare due to mileage and condition will be worth a damn site more that the run of the mill beaters.

With a grotty UK TT Auto going for less than £5K, then £10K is not out of the realms of possibility. With the Eurpoeans looking for Uk spec cars that will push the figures higher. If someone can show me a UK car with lower miles and better condition for less than £10K I will buy it. These do not come up often, especially manuals.

H.

True, this one does look particularly well kept, it is one of the rarer ones I've seen. If he was prepared to wait for the right buyer or find someone in Europe it's very possible it could go for that. There's a lot of supras not selling at the minute though.

True, this one does look particularly well kept, it is one of the rarer ones I've seen. If he was prepared to wait for the right buyer or find someone in Europe it's very possible it could go for that. There's a lot of supras not selling at the minute though.

The reason for that is that they are not special and will cost a lot to get back to excellent condition and also cost a lot to run. Even if you get a respray, valve stem seals, brake lines, new wheels etc, you have spent a small fortune on a car that is not original. Originality is everything in having an appreciating car IMO.

I would have this if I had a garage and keep if for sunny days only. I don't like autos but the condition makes it special for me.

H.

I have 68000 on my uk spec and it's mint had it 13 years and I wouldn't let it go for less than 15000 auto or not makes no difference to me after all it's a grand tourer and driving on normal roads its better the sooner we get some more n/a and rough turbo imports scrapped we might start seeing them be a cult classic in a few years then watch the price go up still not that I will ever sell.

Note there was a 19000 uk auto for sale a few months back

Guest JaceyBoy

Guys, my parents are over 70, my mum stopped driving it in 2009 when she bought a new 370Z, the Supra has sat in the garage since, I think this car will become a classic soon and needs to be just sat on, I have had lots of a scoobs (one being original P1 with 20,000 miles) and I saw one just sold for £30,000 to a buyer in Dubai, we may not pay the money but they will....

Guys, my parents are over 70, my mum stopped driving it in 2009 when she bought a new 370Z, the Supra has sat in the garage since, I think this car will become a classic soon and needs to be just sat on, I have had lots of a scoobs (one being original P1 with 20,000 miles) and I saw one just sold for £30,000 to a buyer in Dubai, we may not pay the money but they will....

Your mum sounds cool :cool:

Nice Supra, and hopefully it'll be worth something in the future :)

The white one had 19000 miles on the clock and was spotless. I don't know what it sold for but it would be good money. Money in the bank is worth sweet F.A at the moment so I believe this is a good investment for anyone. Just keep it mate it will go up in value. If I was looking for another Uk Supra I would be happy with a 10k deal for it. Price of an acre of good farm land. (just dirt and weeds)

I reckon you're right. There was a similar thread recently about whether it's best to invest in a UK spec or a JSpec. Whilst a mint JSpec might beat a shoddy UK spec, a mint UK spec is surely the best bet, and that's what you might have there (check the underneath for rust).

With rare cars, there comes a choice whether you try to keep it mint to maintain its investment value, or enjoy driving it regularly. Unfortunately these tend to be mutually exclusive choices. If I were in your position, I would garage it and drive it on occasional long trips, not on trips to the Maccy D's drive-thru 2 miles down the road. :)

If I was really lucky, I'd buy another, less-rare, supra as a run-around, so I could still enjoy the buzz of driving one whilst not having to wring my hands with worry every time I wanted to park in Asda for a pint of milk and some Pot Noodles.

Originality is everything in having an appreciating car IMO.

I would have this if I had a garage and keep if for sunny days only. I don't like autos but the condition makes it special for me.

H.

Absolutly right H. Originality is the key to getting the best price for a 'classic'. If I was in the market I would be VERY interested in this as it looks and sounds to be very clean. As regards Auto/manual I personally couldn't care less but a manual would command a higher price for sure. This would be a great good weather and show car.

It's nice to see these low milage , unmolested examples are still out there. Looks a very nice Supra you have there JaceyBoy.

That looks near perfect. Being black will help too >

Whatever you do, if you're keeping it as an investment don't modify it. Nothing makes a collector's heart sink more than seeing the words "tasteful mods".

This.

Keep it 100% standard, otherwise the resale price will just go down.

In years to come, collectors WILL want 100% stock standard examples, and will pay good money for them.

I seriously doubt these cars will ever reach that status.

Ditto, they might go up slightly, but not that much, And Chris I think the demand for uk's had gone down across the border in France etc recently as they where finding it easier now than they used to register j-specs, seem to remember Abz saying that somewhere anyway.