The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have dyno graph as tbh it was just a tool to map it. They didn't monitor revs or torque or boost pressure. All of that was done off the ECU and verified with some of the new elements of the syvecs software.

Its Also the first time I've heard of anyone complain about an inter cooler being too efficient so Ryan had to put a minimum air temp in

Don't have dyno graph as tbh it was just a tool to map it. They didn't monitor revs or torque or boost pressure. All of that was done off the ECU and verified with some of the new elements of the syvecs software.

Its Also the first time I've heard of anyone complain about an inter cooler being too efficient so Ryan had to put a minimum air temp in ��

It was a freezing cold though mate, I don't think it got above 1 degree outside all day, perfect for making power!

I'll get a dyno sheet for you and stick it on here ASAP.

Cheers everyone, I will get pics up when ive finished tidying it up. Got lots of jobs to do which I asked Paul not to do as I can do them myself and they are just niggly jobs that are going to take hours. Prob put some pics up tomorrow.

cheers Jamie, if you are road mapping yours you should be able to get some acurate figures off the ECU calculations as they are quite accurate and going forward can baseline between cars rather than the different parameters on each dyno :)

Some Pics I got on the dyno

Got it home and OMG it only just fits in the garage.

Got the HIDs fitted and levelled up

And spent a little time cleaning the engine bay up.

Ive got a few jobs to do in the evenings of this week. Got a Speed sensor issue that needs replacing so thats evenings for this week. Also need to wire up the Fuel Level sensor so I know how much fuel is in the car.

Also got a suspected air lock which I need to check out.

Todays job was to diagnose what was causing the car to overheat. The strange thing is the car will keep cool when idle but once heat is into the system the rad and fans don't get it out.

When the car was on the dyno the heater did not really get hot, everyone suspected an airlock. So took the rad cap off, got the front of the car higher than the back and ran the car up warm. Fans kicked in a few times and kept the car at the correct temp but water level never really changed. Took the car out for a drive and overheated up to 99 degrees.

So next was the thermostat, stripped the coolant system down to get to thermostat

Took the return off to the rad and then - no thermostat :blink:

So potentially issue sorted as I've got one in my old water pump so put that in and built it back up. Just need to go to toyota tomorrow and get some red coolant.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)