The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't give up mate, ive had to rebuild mine a few times now and know exactly how you feel about loosing the love BUT soon as its fixed and your boosting 700hp its all forgotten about.

Get it fixed and plan for the trackday, you will fall in love within 1 lap.

Then just run it for this year and perhaps built engine next winter.

Glad to say compression is ok (not brill but ok) head does not appear to have lifted or had a failed head gasket. Taken the cam covers off and there is moisture in there but the water is crystal clear so its not coolant.

Put the thermostat in and stock toyota coolant - car does not go over 90 degrees now and have driven it for an hour. Electrical issue with the fans (poss relay or fuse) as they don't come on but the key point is the engine no longer over heats :D

Glad to say compression is ok (not brill but ok) head does not appear to have lifted or had a failed head gasket. Taken the cam covers off and there is moisture in there but the water is crystal clear so its not coolant.

Put the thermostat in and stock toyota coolant - car does not go over 90 degrees now and have driven it for an hour. Electrical issue with the fans (poss relay or fuse) as they don't come on but the key point is the engine no longer over heats :D

Thats great news mate must be happy with that 😀

I would do a comp test witn the engine upto temp as well mate as it is ment to be done on a warm engine this should give you a better reading and a truer one ,

I will do when the fans are sorted on thursday. Just to validate everything is ok before it gets abused on track.

I was heading down to cadwell park to watch my mates in a Clio and a Jag F Type tomorrow but its been cancelled so they've booked Blyton Park instead.

Told my other half i'd like to get my Supra on track again (Only done donnington) and she just booked me on for Sunday as a valentines present and i've seen that theres a Supra booked on aswel, putting 2 and 2 together have you booked on aswel?

I was heading down to cadwell park to watch my mates in a Clio and a Jag F Type tomorrow but its been cancelled so they've booked Blyton Park instead.

Told my other half i'd like to get my Supra on track again (Only done donnington) and she just booked me on for Sunday as a valentines present and i've seen that theres a Supra booked on aswel, putting 2 and 2 together have you booked on aswel?

Was great to see you today, lovely looking car you have there and it looked like its got plenty of power.

So was meant to be at Cadwell park on sat but doe to snow and ice on the ground it got cancelled, we were offered to move to Blyton as that was defy going ahead which is an airfield track.

So me and my brother moved our bookings and have had a great day. Its not as big as I thought it would be but there was lots of run off and could open the supra up a bit. Was really a good shake down for the supra. Few little issues.

Their must be air in the brakes as the front right locks on easily. Was manageable during the day and could not just ram on and had to be a little bit careful.

Had a fun off track adventure when a mixture of above and clod tyres caught me out and I got put in the sin bin for spinning on track lol.

Wipers had an annoying fault and a mind of their own when turning right, they like to come on and off randomly.

Got to cable tie all the boost pipes as I've blown them off twice today at only 1.1 bar.

Got to sort fuel guage out as the voltages I put in the dash (which i stole from pigs thread) are way off for my car and it never moves from 100% full. This almost caught me out on the way to the track as went to over take a car and had to back out of it - come on boost and big power cut due to zero fuel.

Other than that a great day out.

Was great to see you today, lovely looking car you have there and it looked like its got plenty of power.

Hi Mike, was good to meet you. Car did alright for an N/A Auto, had lots of fun and looking to get out on track even more.

I managed to catch your spin and might even have it on Video :p

Glad you had a good day fault finding, car looked great and is sure to be an animal once sorted.

Hi Mike, was good to meet you. Car did alright for an N/A Auto, had lots of fun and looking to get out on track even more.

I managed to catch your spin and might even have it on Video :p

Glad you had a good day fault finding, car looked great and is sure to be an animal once sorted.

really? You will have to fire it over to me

Can someone explain to me how the pops and bangs map works on the syvecs. It doesn't seem to do anything except have a really odd Rev limit??

Are you using the pops and bangs map whilst driving or stationary?

When I use it on dads, let the car warm up and rev it between 3-4k and it pops and bangs and flames etc :D His car is a built auto though so doesnt work well on the pops and bangs map when driving.