The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to make my 2JZ revv higher

calebharry

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't driven a supra yet to be honest even looking at that sort of build and ideas on heavy modification is a bit stupid. Buy the car first and enjoy it for a few years twin turbo bpu and go from there. It's great that you have ambition but like a few have said walk before you can run. Big power needs a lot of skill to keep on the road not to mention very deep pockets to fund a build like that and to run the car after it. Good luck with the exams and take your time on the roads if you do get a supra. Enjoy it and don't become a statistic.

Ok, Kicked after 40 posts? Ill make them last... I will be getting probably a '92 Civic Hatchback for a first car, with some nice rims, and thats it, i will keep that car for a while...

Then, when i am ready, and i have a job (as I said i am planning to be a Pilot in the RNZAF which pays $33,000 anually during TRAINING, when you finish training it goes up, and up, and it keeps going untill you are a squadron leader earning about $160,000) Then, I will get my Supra...

I will be getting the face-lift SZ-R because its $10,000 Cheaper than the TT... And its N/A, which means cheaper insurance, while i have that, i will do all the cosmetic things Like GT-300 body-kit, Bride Zeta Japan III seats, even the 100mm exhaust with a 130mm tip and No cat(Amuse R1000, look it up

Then when im about 25 or so with reasonable driving experience and full licence, i will start with the big things, 3.4ltr stroker, Single TD07S-25T, and then when im used to that, Ill throw in another one :)

So ill stay on this forum and try to say as LEAST stuff as possible... But yeah, Thats my plan, when I get my Supra (or before I get it) I will come back here... And tell you guys the amazing news (ill probably be hysterical when i get it because i love Supras so much they are such beautiful cars

So, thanks to the people on here who were nice to me! (I get enough nasty horrible people being really nasty to me at school, i dont need anymore here)

And ill see you guys later (Ill still browse on here and look at what you guys have reply'd)

BTW when i get my Supra, as i said before, She will be Vacuumed and waxed every 1 or 2 weeks, She will have NO food or drink in her, No muddy shoes ect ect... Ill treat her like a 1 ton block of solid gold... I wouldnt let anything happen to her, ill have the most expensive alarm you can get (with a solid screeeeetch so loud it hurts your ears so noone will want to steal it, and how are you gonna hide a car like that?!?!) I will not speed (Well, not too much anyway ;) , And if i do, it will be on a straight where there are NO other cars around)

Otherwise she will be driven slowly, cool-ly, and have the licence plate '2JZBBY' Which is available so if anyone in Nz takes it im gonna steal it (just letting you know now so that you have no excuse)

And the LAST thing... The sound system i will have (hehehe) here it is...

Its all Fusion, Made in NZ! Gotta support the local Bros!

2 X 160W 4-Inch 2-Way full range speakers (front)

2 X 210W 6-Inch 2-Way full range speakers (back) (fits 6.5 bracket as well)

2 X 2250W DA Monoblock Amplifiers (in the boot show-car style)

2 X 2500W 15-Inch Dual Voice-coil Powerplant Subwoofers (in the boot show-car style)

Mechless Source Unit (head unit) 50W X 4

And ill probably chuck some 300W Powerplant Speakers in the back as well, but im not sure ATM

So ill see you guys later!

#LoveSupraForever

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Ok, Kicked after 40 posts? Ill make them last... I will be getting probably a '92 Civic Hatchback for a first car, with some nice rims, and thats it, i will keep that car for a while...

Then, when i am ready, and i have a job (as I said i am planning to be a Pilot in the RNZAF which pays $33,000 anually during TRAINING, when you finish training it goes up, and up, and it keeps going untill you are a squadron leader earning about $160,000) Then, I will get my Supra...

I will be getting the face-lift SZ-R because its $10,000 Cheaper than the TT... And its N/A, which means cheaper insurance, while i have that, i will do all the cosmetic things Like GT-300 body-kit, Bride Zeta Japan III seats, even the 100mm exhaust with a 130mm tip and No cat(Amuse R1000, look it up

Then when im about 25 or so with reasonable driving experience and full licence, i will start with the big things, 3.4ltr stroker, Single TD07S-25T, and then when im used to that, Ill throw in another one :)

So ill stay on this forum and try to say as LEAST stuff as possible... But yeah, Thats my plan, when I get my Supra (or before I get it) I will come back here... And tell you guys the amazing news (ill probably be hysterical when i get it because i love Supras so much they are such beautiful cars

So, thanks to the people on here who were nice to me! (I get enough nasty horrible people being really nasty to me at school, i dont need anymore here)

And ill see you guys later (Ill still browse on here and look at what you guys have reply'd)

BTW when i get my Supra, as i said before, She will be Vacuumed and waxed every 1 or 2 weeks, She will have NO food or drink in her, No muddy shoes ect ect... Ill treat her like a 1 ton block of solid gold... I wouldnt let anything happen to her, ill have the most expensive alarm you can get (with a solid screeeeetch so loud it hurts your ears so noone will want to steal it, and how are you gonna hide a car like that?!?!) I will not speed (Well, not too much anyway ;) , And if i do, it will be on a straight where there are NO other cars around)

Otherwise she will be driven slowly, cool-ly, and have the licence plate '2JZBBY' Which is available so if anyone in Nz takes it im gonna steal it (just letting you know now so that you have no excuse)

2 X 2500W 15-Inch Dual Voice-coil Powerplant Subwoofers (in the boot show-car style)

And ill probably chuck some 300W Powerplant Speakers in the back as well, but im not sure ATM

#LoveSupraForever

So, you're planning on making your four remaining posts last ten years?

I think you'll find that the '40 post count' is by the grace of the mods, blatantly abusing that will probably get you banned - quite an achievement for a non member.

Just pay the £10, it'll pay for itself very quickly!

Buying an SZ-R is a false economy btw, I've been down that route myself. The most cost effective method is to buy the best condition 6 speed TT that you can afford.

I wish I knew what I wanted to be doing in 9 years time.... even 9 days time would be a start.

Have you considered that at the earliest you are about to want to spunk thousands on what will be a 30 year old car?

Who wants to spunk on a 30 year old car? (goes outside to put cover over 1983 Golf GTi...)

#LoveSupraForever

Couple of quick points.

When you are older and get a job, they have a thing called tax. It's almost like an infection it gets everywhere. Whilst $33,000 at your age may sound like a lot it isn't. An one thing I can assure you is no matter how much more you earn so let's say $150,000 you'll find ways to spend it, did I mention tax?

Unless you are living in one of the Arab countries in the UAE, most of your salary will go towards this. Plus living costs, you want a house no? Bills? Will you ever have a hot girlfriend? Expensive holiday with the lads? Bargains which cost you more? Some expensive mistakes as you do in life.

As will be going from an NA to a 3.4 stroker thing that 200bhp in a RWD is enough experience to drive a 1200bhp car. They are vastly different so don't ever think otherwise!!

When I gwow up I'm gonna fwy pwanes weally fast, yeah, like jet pwanes and everyfin, neeeeooooowwwwww, yeah, yeah, and den, and den, and den, I'm gonna buy a weally fast car, and den, and den, I'm gonna make it go like a jet pwane, neeeeoooowwwwww, yeah, and and and den I'm gonna put in some well good sounds, boooooooommmmmmm, and den make it go weally fast again and put big wheels on and den a kit like from dat film but betterer and den, and den, and den when I fly weally weally fast pwanes, neeeeeeeooooooowwwwwww boooooommmmmmm (dat bit was da sound barrier like breakin cos I'm fwyin so faaaassssssttttt) and I get lots and lots and lots of money I'm going to spend it all on an engine dat goes bub bub bub bub piiisssshhhhhh . . . . . oooohhhh boobs . . . . . . and den I'm neva goona eat in her or breeve in her even and I'm gonna wash her every minnit of every day coz I love her already and I'll call her Boobie and nobody will eva put their feet in her and I will neva dwive her fast apart fwom when I dwive her fast like a jet pwane, neeeeeeoooooowwwwwww piiisssshhhhhhhhh (dump valve like) and den, and den, and den . . . . . . . but first I'm gonna buy a Onda and put wims on it and den, and den, and den . . . . . oooh need the toilet . . . . . . . . . . ox bow lakes . . . . . . . I wuv my car

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

Is it really worth it? Paying the 10 pounds? Im just gonna get more of you saying 'Troll' (Which im not), Not believing me when i say that one day, i WILL have a 1000hp Supra... I dont care if its 30 years old, Toycar arent making more of them so, ill just have to deal with that...

When I gwow up I'm gonna fwy pwanes weally fast, yeah, like jet pwanes and everfin, neeeeooooowwwwww, yeah, yeah, and den, and den, and den, I'm gonna buy a weally fast car, and den, and den, I'm gonna make it go like a jet pwane, neeeeoooowwwwww, yeah, and and and den I'm gonna put in some well good sounds, boooooooommmmmmm, and den make it go weally fast again and put big wheels on and den a kit like from dat film but betterer and den, and den, and den when I fly weally weally fast pwanes, neeeeeeeooooooowwwwwww boooooommmmmmm (dat bit was da sound barrier like breakin cos I'm fwyin so faaaassssssttttt) and I get lots and lots and lots of money I'm going to spend it all on an engine dat goes bub bub bub bub piiisssshhhhhh . . . . . oooohhhh boobs . . . . . . and den I'm neva goona eat in her or breeve in her even and I'm gonna wash her every minnit of every day coz I love her already and I'll call her Boobie and nobody will eva put their feet in her and I will neva dwive her fast apart fwom when I dwive her fast like a jet pwane, neeeeeeoooooowwwwwww piiisssshhhhhhhhh (dump valve like) and den, and den, and den . . . . . . . but first I'm gonna buy a Onda and put wims on it and den, and den, and den . . . . . oooh need the toilet . . . . . . . . . . ox bow lakes . . . . . . . I wuv my car

Was bored til then. Thanks Ellis. By the way I'm still available for counselling, anger management and beer drinking!

Yeah why pay 10 pounds and get the best advice, access to great knowledge, access to more technical know-how and experience than anywhere else on the planet? Why bother paying so much for so little. I mean all those owners with years and years of ownership under their belts, it would be lunacy to even consider paying so so much. You spend it on something far more valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else remember when ellis was nice :think:

I'm always nice you tw@t!! ;)

Yeah why pay 10 pounds and get the best advice, access to great knowledge, access to more technical know-how and experience than anywhere else on the planet? Why bother paying so much for so little. I mean all those owners with years and years of ownership under their belts, it would be lunacy to even consider paying so so much. You spend it on something far more valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm, Its people like you saying stuff like that which makes me not want to join... I came here because i thought Supra owners would be cool, and i could talk to them about cars... But no, it turns out half of you are d!cks, just like the people at school, giving me rubbish all the time, i came here to get a break and talk to some people who actually own and know stuff about Supras and other cars... But do you know what, i dont care anymore... Im so over it... And do you know why i can take 'Banter' so well? Because I have gotten used to for the whole 15 years of my life person to person... I get used to ignoring it and keep saying what im saying, Untill someone pushes it too far and i just walk off... Kind of like what im going to do now...

So all the people who were nice to me thanks...

Im gonna leave now

Edited by listy
Swearing (see edit history)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, some of my friends ect take the mick out of me for being on here but the £20 and counting I have spent on membership is frankly nothing compared to the good part deals and free technical advice I have got, where else can you get online diagnosis for problems along with guides to have a go at fixing and learning yourself.

This forum is invaluable as I imagine every problem that can happen has happened and been discussed, this forum is the equivalent of a mkiv google page and along with the piss taking jokey side it makes it far better than reading the mundane crap on Facedump.

Ellis get the Chris Bailey etch a sketch dyno chart out again please :D

When I gwow up I'm gonna fwy pwanes weally fast, yeah, like jet pwanes and everyfin, neeeeooooowwwwww, yeah, yeah, and den, and den, and den, I'm gonna buy a weally fast car, and den, and den, I'm gonna make it go like a jet pwane, neeeeoooowwwwww, yeah, and and and den I'm gonna put in some well good sounds, boooooooommmmmmm, and den make it go weally fast again and put big wheels on and den a kit like from dat film but betterer and den, and den, and den when I fly weally weally fast pwanes, neeeeeeeooooooowwwwwww boooooommmmmmm (dat bit was da sound barrier like breakin cos I'm fwyin so faaaassssssttttt) and I get lots and lots and lots of money I'm going to spend it all on an engine dat goes bub bub bub bub piiisssshhhhhh . . . . . oooohhhh boobs . . . . . . and den I'm neva goona eat in her or breeve in her even and I'm gonna wash her every minnit of every day coz I love her already and I'll call her Boobie and nobody will eva put their feet in her and I will neva dwive her fast apart fwom when I dwive her fast like a jet pwane, neeeeeeoooooowwwwwww piiisssshhhhhhhhh (dump valve like) and den, and den, and den . . . . . . . but first I'm gonna buy a Onda and put wims on it and den, and den, and den . . . . . oooh need the toilet . . . . . . . . . . ox bow lakes . . . . . . . I wuv my car

Ellis, I love your style. Reading that just made me chuckle on an otherwise rather boring day :)