The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to make my 2JZ revv higher

calebharry

If your starting n/a then look for a fecelift szr model which has the 6 speed as standard

No swap needed then.

Thank you! Its answers like that i like... Honest, quick, and simple... BTW i know the colour scheme im gonna have... Its gonna be Pearl white with the Top Secret GT-300 Bodykit, Carbon fiber Boonet/hood and Boot lid as well... On a set of 19 inch Volks Black with a chrome lip... What you guys think?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is... And ok you guys ill shut up now... One more question what i think is quite reasonable... How much HP can the stock Manual 5-speed gearbox in the N/A supra handle? Ive heard the Getrag 6-Speed in the TT is good up to 2000HP... Id rather get the GTE but they are a lot more expensive than the N/A

"One does not simply measure a gearbox's strength by engine HP"

I'm just messing around! ;)

Yes, you have to pay to use the forum. £10 for one year or £30 for lifetime membership. Well worth the money.

Your exterior plans sounds good in theory. Not a fan of the GT-300 kit though. How much do you reckon your insurance on a 1000hp Supra at 20 will cost, or even if you could get insurance at all?

Yes, you have to pay to use the forum. £10 for one year or £30 for lifetime membership. Well worth the money.

Your exterior plans sounds good in theory. Not a fan of the GT-300 kit though. How much do you reckon your insurance on a 1000hp Supra at 20 will cost, or even if you could get insurance at all?

30 Pounds wholy crap! Now i see how the owners afford their cars... Thats $54 NZ... I dont have that money :'( And i will not turbo the car untill im about 25... Ill do all the Interior/Cosmetic mods untill then! Exhaust, 3.4ltr kit, Bodykit ect...

But im sorry i cant afford that just to stay on a forum, at 15 with no job i have more important things to spend the few $'s i have... So, how long have i got before they will kick me?

Targa models do exist in Japan.

I thought for a second this was the Aus forum when you mentioned NZ, though you would have copped a lot more over there then you did here really.

There is a document on this forum, which shows you a PDF print of all the models and their differences (engine, gearbox, diff, interior etc.) which you should be checking first.

When you said you have more important things to spend money on over membership I think you will find the same applies when you grow up, something else more important comes along over building a fast car to drive slow to a skate park to show off.

There is lots I want for my car but saying I want a Do-luck front and a trial rear and Oem skirts doesn't mean I will get round to buying them.

worring about $54 is a joke compaired to your build which will be $xxx,xxx.

i like your dream but its unreal 1000 hp N/A no way even in fast and furious they changed the N/A engine to a GTE :D

As i said, i am 15, i do not yet have a job... And i will not be getting my Supra untill i do... I will then have money to throw at it :) And i will be upgrading all sorts of things as well Like probably Ferrae valves and springs, and more stuff when it comes to the point... When i get my Supra, i will come back here, and do a proper thread, what i have, what i WILL buy for it, and i will kindly ask you guys what else i will need to not destroy the engine :)

Also i downgraded to the Greddy TD07S-25G and i will still be having a TT setup with them making about 1200Hp so... Smaller turbos, easier to spool, while still showing me that 4 digit number we all crave! Ill give you another list of stuff i will be putting in ATM, BTW some if not most stuff has nothing to do with performance and i havent mentioned everything!

1998-2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

2 X Greddy TD07S-25G

Greddy 3-Layer Front mount intercooler

Sard Fuel injector rail

Sard fuel injectors

Titan 3.4Ltr stroker kit

Blitz super sound VD BOV

Amuse R1000 Exhaust

And other engine stuff i cant remember here

Then for looks

Bride FO type Rails

Bride Zeta III Japan L

Momo Millennium Steering wheel

Top Secret GT-300 Wide bodykit

Top secret GT2 Carbon Fiber wing

Ganador mirror set Carbon Fiber

Seibon Carbon door panels

Seibon TS-style hood/bonnet

OEM style Carbon fiber Trunk/boot lid

For handling

HKS Hipermax III Adj. Suspension

Cusco 6 point roll cage

Acre Brembo Brake set

Do-luck floor support bar

Do-luck rear cross bar

Do-luck rear tension set

and more stuff i forgot to say

OS Giken quad plate Clutch

OS Giken superlock LSD

Takata Racing harness

TRD Lightweight flywheel...

Volk Racing RE30 Black with chrome rims 19 inch

And also im sorry but im not going to pay $55 just to stay here... So if you also could tell me how long untill i get kicked! And yes, owners if your feeling generous, you could give me a free membership and ill put your sticker on my car!

But if i get kicked before i have a chance to say goodbye ill say it now! See you guys later!

BTW just thought id let you know im Half-british, i spent the first 6 years of my life in Crowborough, East Sussex, and i loved it! Took often trips to Tumbridge wells on the Double-Deckers (which we dont have in NZ) and went throught that hole cut out in the tree to the buses could fit!

But yeah, Still Tell me what you think of my setup!

#LoveSuprasForever

Listen,

Joking aside you have had some balls to stand up to the banter so fair play...

Membership will expire after 40 posts. Good luck to you and your project. What lob are you going to have when you leave school...? If you were to buy new from your spec list you posted it would cost in excess of £45k with the car, and youve missed LOADS of things off the list which would be another £10k+...

If youre serious about getting one be carefull, i dont want to read a thread in a few years about the NZ kid that crashed his Supra into a tree showing off to his mates and killed everyone.

Bon voyage :thumbs:

you will need a good ecu to control all you engine stuff.

19" wheels maybe too big for best grip with 1000 hp

labour of person fitting all these parts (as you will be up in the clouds earning the money to pay for it)

i have a feeling women and alcohol may put a dampener on your dream supra but best of luck to you and when you get booted off (which you will) come back when you have the money and update us all on how its going

why are you starting with an na?

they did in the first fast and furious....

:D

Good luck fella, you still have to pay us for the advice, how else do you think we all got rich?!

An one more thing before you go, focus on your life. You'll understand when you get older, we have all been there :)

Love your family and those around you, end of the day these are just tins we enjoy for our selfish passion but don't let it stop you living.

Use this passion to push yourself in your education and career aspriations. :thumbs:

Edited by Abz (see edit history)