The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to make my 2JZ revv higher

calebharry

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in another post... But the reason i want 1000hp is not so that i can speed... But simply so that i can open the bonnet and say 'My car makes 1000hp' and all my mates go OHHHH

So you want to spend all that money... Not to enjoy it but so your mates can go oooo errrrr mmmmm

Have your measured the size of the door as you might find you head won't fit ???

So you want to spend all that money... Not to enjoy it but so your mates can go oooo errrrr mmmmm

Have your measured the size of the door as you might find you head won't fit ???

Just leave the bonnet closed and say its 1000bhp or even 2000 BHP if all that concerns you is what other people think

I am all good for someone doing research and everything but this chap is pretty delusional & quite frankly weird if at the age of 15 all he is thinking about is building a 1000bhp car just so he can go to his mates, yeah it's a 1000bhp.

I didn't give totty pots what my mates thought because most of the time they didn't care & nor did I. Hence why we are mates, we have fun together not try and out do each to such a manner we forget the reason we are mates!!

An my advice to you OP, is take one step at a time & goes for life too my friend. Imagine meeting a girl & on the second date asking her what she would like to call her first son?!

So focus on the first goals, whilst research the others so then you don't ask open ended questions as such. :)

I highly doubt you will still want to build a 1000hp Supra when you're 21 just so you can take it down your local skatepark to impress your mates.

Also thought about insurance? I'd imagine trying to insure a 1000hp Supra at 20 would cost a few quid, that's if you could even find someone that would insure you!

School holiday posts is it?

Sure is... And ok you guys ill shut up now... One more question what i think is quite reasonable... How much HP can the stock Manual 5-speed gearbox in the N/A supra handle? Ive heard the Getrag 6-Speed in the TT is good up to 2000HP... Id rather get the GTE but they are a lot more expensive than the N/A

The 5 speed should handle 1000bhp easy as youve already said it will be driven sensible and you will never speed :)

Very funny... Is it easy to do a Transmission swap from the 5-speed to the Getrag? Is it all the same size and fit? Or will modifications have to be done?

Sure is... And ok you guys ill shut up now... One more question what i think is quite reasonable... How much HP can the stock Manual 5-speed gearbox in the N/A supra handle? Ive heard the Getrag 6-Speed in the TT is good up to 2000HP... Id rather get the GTE but they are a lot more expensive than the N/A

Hold on, you are worried about £2k on a 1000bhp build?! :blink:

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t642/dodgydodds2/3D928492-C335-4A68-ACD3-044221EF01F8-2859-000000574300454C_zps55a23d52.jpg

This is a very resourceful forum, get friendly with the search button and you will find your answers.

Is the a search button?

That's where I've been going wrong!

25 posts in should now pay his membership!

Probably saving for 1K BHP!

Edited by Steve Paine
Thought of something else (see edit history)

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t642/dodgydodds2/3D928492-C335-4A68-ACD3-044221EF01F8-2859-000000574300454C_zps55a23d52.jpg

This is a very resourceful forum, get friendly with the search button and you will find your answers.

I dont just want to impress my mates... The car is for my pleasure not thiers... If they like it then thats a good bonus!