The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Markssupra's HKS Big Twins Aerotop project.

markssupra

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows it going Mark? not scratched it yet i hope.

Lol, not yet. Being very careful Rob!

Decided on wheels yet bud? :)

Not yet mate, been tied up sorting other bits out recently. Once I get the rear suspension back on I'll be able to check what clearance I have, then go from there. Could do with some ideas on styles and colour but I think black will be best :)

We need more pics :p :p :D :D haha, loving the updates dude :thumbs:

Thanks Alex, more pics soon. Busy sorting things at work as need more machinery :)

Not yet mate, been tied up sorting other bits out recently. Once I get the rear suspension back on I'll be able to check what clearance I have, then go from there. Could do with some ideas on styles and colour but I think black will be best :)

I reckon that black will look best for you as well dude! Maybe even the slightly different colour combo that CCW have started doing on some of their wheels?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1524967_10151782084890916_1662971327_n.jpg

Satin black centres with gloss black lips. Looks different certainly! :)

---------------

EDIT

---------------

Here is another picture as well, maybe more the style you should go for ;)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179176&stc=1&d=1389268922

SC4_CCW_PreMeet_Wheeler-22.jpg

Edited by James (see edit history)

I reckon that black will look best for you as well dude! Maybe even the slightly different colour combo that CCW have started doing on some of their wheels?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1524967_10151782084890916_1662971327_n.jpg

---------------

EDIT

---------------

they are stunning!! really like them alot

---------------

EDIT

---------------

I like both of those alot, thinking maybe as the wheels will be black I should have orange calipers on the big brakes. Opinions please. :)

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Loving the idea of the black CCW wheels, Getting very tempted to get mine done.

As for the calipers, I'm personally not a fan of the idea to paint them orange. I would paint them dark grey/gunmetal, same as the inserts of the facelift front and rear lights assuming your going facelift.

Loving the idea of the black CCW wheels, Getting very tempted to get mine done.

As for the calipers, I'm personally not a fan of the idea to paint them orange. I would paint them dark grey/gunmetal, same as the inserts of the facelift front and rear lights assuming your going facelift.

Oh don't say that! My backup plan if the clean-up of my wheels isn't successful is to black them out haha! :lol:

I agree completely about making the brakes match facelift inserts! Might be too particular but I wouldn't be happy with orange calipers unless they were exactly the same shade as the bodywork. :)

Some good points there, hadn't thought about doing the calipers the same colour as the inserts. I have got the facelift rears lights but not the fronts yet, I do fancy the idea of the calipers being body colour but not sure if could be replicated in powdercoat. I need someone with photoshop skills so I could see what it could look like with either caliper colour.

Paint on this car looks so so fresh! Did contact DAW about mine but no response as of yet.

Send Rob a pm mate.

Orange calipers FTW! why have mahoosive brakes if you aint going to show the beasts off!
:D

Thanks everyone, I am leaning towards body colour calipers if poss. Car isn't exactly a subtle colour so might as well show them off behind the black wheels.

---------------

EDIT

---------------

They are spunktastic in black :cool:

What did you use to polish that up with mate? I'm guessing it wasn't just some elbow grease?

Haha, no chance. A few different grade polishing mops on a bench grinder were used, only trouble was looking like I had guy liner on, that shit gets everywhere. I had to use make up wipes in the end to get it off around my eyes :D

Spent an hour or so Sunday morning giving the fuel tank a good clean up before it goes back on.

The neck sleeve was especially dirty and took a bit of effort to get that clean. Breather hard line had a few rust spots so out with the rust killer and then covered it in adhesive lined heatshrink tubing.

The last two pics show the heatshink.

attachment.php?attachmentid=179446&stc=1&d=1389790570

attachment.php?attachmentid=179447&stc=1&d=1389790570

attachment.php?attachmentid=179448&stc=1&d=1389790570

attachment.php?attachmentid=179449&stc=1&d=1389790570

attachment.php?attachmentid=179450&stc=1&d=1389790570

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

Haha, no chance. A few different grade polishing mops on a bench grinder were used, only trouble was looking like I had guy liner on, that $#@! gets everywhere. I had to use make up wipes in the end to get it off around my eyes :D

:lol: I might have to invest in a few of those bench grinder polishing mops, recommend where is best to get them from mate? Also not sure if its just me but can't see the pictures in your above post mate.

:lol: I might have to invest in a few of those bench grinder polishing mops, recommend where is best to get them from mate? Also not sure if its just me but can't see the pictures in your above post mate.

Sorted!

I got everything from The Polishing Shop. There's also a guide on what wheels and compounds to use.